Strongest anti-abortion law in USA passes Alabama Senate, heads to governor’s desk

Lurker

Star
We have anti hate crime laws on the federal level, this should be included as it is clearly a hate crime against women.
I'm pretty sure I could kill someone for whatever reason and not face federal charges unless that someone was a federal employee.

justjess

Superstar
I'm pretty sure I could kill someone for whatever reason and not face federal charges unless that someone was a federal employee.
Or unless the crimes happened in numerous states and involved crossing state lines to be committed.

If you were a p***phile in Minnesota recruiting young girls in Michigan to have sex with and traveled across state lines to do so there would be a federal element.
It's been well established that states can't leave the union.
well they should be able to, make everyone happy.

The theocrats can have the south. The liberals can have the northeast. Everyone can figure out the rest as they please.

I’m sorry but that’s a cop out. Men can opt out of parenthood by getting a vasectomy (which is reversible if they change their mind). No such option exists for women. The only option we get that is ours alone is abortion. Adoption requires the fathers consent. Hysterectomies and tubal ligation are PERMANANT and often times not covered by insurance, not permitted by the medical establishment and STILL require a mans consent in some instances. Birth control pills are dangerous and also not all that effective.
With abortion we’re talking about the aftermath not what goes on before. So getting a vasectomy doesn’t answer the problem of women getting an eraser as it comes to abortion.
You wouldn’t be okay with mandatory vasectomy. As you shouldn’t be. But it’s for the same reasons we aren’t ok with mandatory child birth. That should be obvious but it isn’t for whatever reason because men can not seem to empathize.
The problem is a vasectomy affects just me (and a hypothetical wife). You killing an unborn child? Well that obviously effects the child and the father if he even cares. It’s not the same.

I posted the statistics regarding child support and you don’t seem to even have looked at them. I’m okay with a man being able to waive his obligation to child support if it is done prior to the birth of the child (prior to the limit of legal abortion actually) and accompanies a complete and total waiver of all rights to the child. You can relinquish your parental rights as it stands, it requires typically both parents consent. I’m fine with that part being wiped out if again this is done while a woman is still legally able to get an abortion. Or give up for adoption without permission.
I looked at the link, I just don’t think it’s relevant since the point was that with child support existing the man can’t absolve himself of all responsibilities..
And let’s please not pretend that men don’t “opt out” all the goddamn time with no repercussions. They walk away, they don’t pay support, they pretend like the kids don’t exist and it is very rare that the courts do anything about it. Extremely rare.

Women are screaming at the top of their lungs that we don’t want to be baby factories. And men are just like oh well shut up. If we all just stopped having sex with you all in protest maybe that would help...
Men can walk away sure. But if they’re found they can be put on CS and jailed if they don’t pay. Because of this they can’t wipe their hands clean like the woman can when she kills her unborn baby.

And most of y’all feminists are just falling for the bankers okie doke who want to destroy the family structure by blurting the gender roles. This isn’t my fight so they can do as they wish. But if you wish for your country to continue for longer you shouldn’t be agreeing with any movement they put in the mainstream

justjess

Superstar
Actually getting a vasectomy does answer it because there wouldn’t be any more unwanted pregnancies to figure out. Simple solution. But you resist because you don’t want anyone telling you what to do with your own body... yet at the same time you think it’s okay to tell women what to do with theirs. That’s a problem.

You getting a vasectomy prevents any unborn babies having to die. So the differences don’t matter. Men have the power of prevention at their disposal, women only have the ability to handle the aftermath which occurs when prevention doesn’t work. Don’t be mad at us for making the best of your failures.

The world isn’t going to shit because women entered the work force. You have your cause and effect all mixed up.

Men can relinquish their rights. And even if they couldn’t let’s be real... how many men go to jail for failure to pay child support? Practically none.

justjess

Superstar
Still ignoring the point I’ve been making (again the child support aspect) I see?
When you relinquish your rights your child support obligations are also terminated. It’s a process, many men get denied but that’s more because they want to come in after the fact when they already established a relationship with the kids but things with mom didn’t work out.

I do truly believe that all prospective parents should sign binding contracts from the very early stages of pregnancy laying out what they want out of it - man doesn’t want to be a father then sign waiver for adoption and make it clear while the woman still has the option to abort (and vice versa). But that would include men being willing to take on the full responsibility for the child if things go the other way as well.. man wants kid, woman doesn’t so child is born and mom is off the hook completely. And I don’t see too many men signing up for that.

Etagloc

Superstar
United States. Disbanding. It should happen. Clearly we are too different to maintain this association.
Because people disagree with you? Is it absolutely necessary for you to live in a bubble?

(actually, it kinda is necessary for progressives to be kept in a bubble.... their whole culture is structured around making sure progressives (and people in general) are kept away from alternative viewpoints, like in a cult)

justjess

Superstar
Because people disagree with you? Is it absolutely necessary for you to live in a bubble?

(actually, it kinda is necessary for progressives to be kept in a bubble.... their whole culture is structured around making sure progressives (and people in general) are kept away from alternative viewpoints, like in a cult)
No not because people disagree with me. But good job making massive assumptions without even trying to ask why I think it would be better.

Some of my best friends are gun toting redneck trump hat wearing good ole boys soo..

Etagloc

Superstar
The great thing about the US is that you still have some freedom. If your state creates laws you do not like, you can move or vote them in or out in elections. The left wants to keep me from creating this mere post. They are all in on Silicon Valley squelching anyone who does not agree with Obama era think.
I honestly think Trump will get a second term and then we're going to end up with an Obama type on steroids

they already said two of the same sex can get married under Obama..... maybe the next Democrat president will be legalizing p***philia or intercourse with animals

it's only a matter of time until "progressivism" gets there

Etagloc

Superstar
No not because people disagree with me. But good job making massive assumptions without even trying to ask why I think it would be better.

Some of my best friends are gun toting redneck trump hat wearing good ole boys soo..
I ended the the first two sentences with question marks, not periods.

I didn't make any assumptions- massive or otherwise- about you.

Maybe you're assuming I'm assuming... or am I assuming that you're assuming that I'm assuming?

Anyways, why should the US be split apart if not because of disagreement? Why exactly do you want that then and why do you think it would be better?

justjess

Superstar
When a nation gets too large it tends to implode on itself. Too many competing factions, ideologies, interests. No hegemony. We have huge pockets of this country that are so completely different from each other it is becoming almost impossible to find any sort of compromise.

The south is a solid block with their own traditions and beliefs and priorities. The northeast is entirely different. Also a solid block with their own traditions and beliefs and priorities.

Wouldn’t it be better if they were all allowed to pursue them how they saw fit?

Etagloc

Superstar
When a nation gets too large it tends to implode on itself. Too many competing factions, ideologies, interests. No hegemony. We have huge pockets of this country that are so completely different from each other it is becoming almost impossible to find any sort of compromise.

The south is a solid block with their own traditions and beliefs and priorities. The northeast is entirely different. Also a solid block with their own traditions and beliefs and priorities.

Wouldn’t it be better if they were all allowed to pursue them how they saw fit?
No hegemony? Hegemony is a good thing? You want there to be hegemony?

Are you wanting a leftist hegemony and is it that you want this to promote leftist hegemony in the northeast?

I mean.... I am completely in favor of a conservative hegemony (however, my idea of conservativism is a lot different than the Republican Party.... I'm not for Zionism, for example). So I myself am in favor of conservative hegemony. So you can admit you want leftist hegemony without being much different. I assume you want leftist hegemony just like I want conservative but- you can speak for yourself on the matter, of course. I don't know you better than yourself.

I mean I don't believe in this first sentence of yours.

When a nation gets too large, it tends to implode- I don't believe that.

I don't think you've made a case for that claim. Do you have examples to illustrate that claim?

I think conservatives are perfectly happy to co-exist with liberals but I think it's leftists who don't want to co-exist.

If your nation getting too large leads to implosion theory is correct- why would the US just now implode? And I don't think it's imploding. I think there's been political differences for a long time and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I don't see why you would be bothered by conservatives or them being part of the same country.

The universities, the media and the institutions are all on the side of the left and we conservatives are on the "wrong side of history". I mean you're on the winning team so I don't think it makes sense for you to want the country to be split up.

The left has already won and the conservatives have already lost. I don't think your explanation makes sense and maybe you'll better explain it to me but for the moment, my theory is that you are for dividing the US because leftists want to be in leftist bubbles and are threatened by other views.

The left is really big on censorship and trying to shut down conservative voices. I think this is because the left needs to have hegemony. It needs to have people in leftist bubbles. If control of the media, universities and institutions were split 50-50 between liberals and conservatives, I think conservatives would win. Leftists have almost a complete monopoly over the media, universities and institutions yet they have so much trouble creating a leftist hegemony. The leftist "utopia" needs terrorism, social engineering and censorship in order to be implemented. People naturally are not interested in following whatever some leftist elites came up with last Tuesday.

The real issue is really just belief in God. Progressivism basically flows from atheism and conservativism basically flows from belief in God.

And most of y’all feminists are just falling for the bankers okie doke who want to destroy the family structure by blurting the gender roles. This isn’t my fight so they can do as they wish. But if you wish for your country to continue for longer you shouldn’t be agreeing with any movement they put in the mainstream
If you want to see what will happen if you make abortion illegal, I'd look at how swimmingly the War on Drugs has worked and have great Prohibition was before that. And the family was being destroyed since the day the social elite pushed the idea of the "nuclear family", which is an easy-to-control group that reinforces the hierarchical power structures that help them. Real values are extended.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
I’m not bothered by conservatives being part of the same country. I am bothered by them trying to shove their beliefs down my throat by legislation. You yourself have advocated a theocracy, I do not want to live in one. Most of the people in the area of the country I live in also don’t want to live in one.

I am not trying to force my beliefs on anyone. Things being legal gives you the option to partake or not. Things being illegal is a different story. You are free to shout from the rooftops your beliefs 24/7 and I would never try to stop you but when you try to force those beliefs through law there is a difference.

Have you researched why Rome fell? Why other great civilizations fell? Too big for their britches made governing impossible, endless wars that drained the coffers... we are headed in the same direction.

Actually getting a vasectomy does answer it because there wouldn’t be any more unwanted pregnancies to figure out. Simple solution. But you resist because you don’t want anyone telling you what to do with your own body... yet at the same time you think it’s okay to tell women what to do with theirs. That’s a problem.

You getting a vasectomy prevents any unborn babies having to die. So the differences don’t matter. Men have the power of prevention at their disposal, women only have the ability to handle the aftermath which occurs when prevention doesn’t work. Don’t be mad at us for making the best of your failures.

The world isn’t going to shit because women entered the work force. You have your cause and effect all mixed up.

Men can relinquish their rights. And even if they couldn’t let’s be real... how many men go to jail for failure to pay child support? Practically none.
I mean 2 people have consensual sex and you still give blame to the man when a child was created because he didn’t get a vasectomy first. Of course the woman could have made that demand but society doesn’t hold women to the same level of accountability that it does men.. But then they turn around and call for "equality"...

I’ll personally never agree with two adults having consensual sex then killing the unborn baby that results of it. I’d first say abstain. If the man wants to then get a vasectomy. Wear condoms. Pull out. Whatever you can to avoid doing what sex is really meant for. But once the baby’s there? Nah I’ll never agree with killing off the baby. Then these same women clamoring for the ability to kill off the seed they willingly created won’t also call for men to be allowed to opt out of parent rights that include being charged for child support. If you’re for true equality are you willing to fight for their right to opt out? Probably not. And if you are, most feminists aren’t.

And anyone can look up planned parenthood (allegedly) selling baby parts on camera or Margaret Sanger seeking to eliminate the “undesirables” . Anybody can look up her connection to either the Rothschilds or Rockefellers. So when they took the woman out of the home it’s so there wouldn’t be anyone at home to teach the children. Which leaves the govt funded schools/media to teach them. Taking women out of the home also gave them more people to tax. Saying it was for female upliftment is like saying the patriot act was for to protect people from terrorists. That’s the low level explanation they give to people who don’t know any better...