Strongest anti-abortion law in USA passes Alabama Senate, heads to governor’s desk

Aero

Superstar
Men absolve themselves of their children every day. It's called walking out the door.

There are no doctors, lawyers or government officials telling them to go take care of their children. The courts can't even get men to pay child support. In fact, the total amount of child support owed is like 40 billion dollars. And oddly enough that's considered a success story, it used to be like 100 billion.

Idk if abortion balances out all the deadbeat dads. But it kind of seems like fathers would have all the choice in a pro-life world.

elsbet

Superstar
People don't seem to understand the amount of abuse that goes on in foster care system as well as the kids being put up for adoption. Lets pretend the bill was passed and no woman is having abortions anymore, the kids being born will be exploited in ways that are horrifying to even imagine. There is a market out there that needs kids, these kids will become a prime target.

But no lets fight for the rights of cells and not for the kids already born and in the "system".
As though only one option can be fought for and not the other.

Your solution is the same as PETA's-- they euthanize the 'unwanted' animals.

mecca

Superstar
Its the man's seed in the woman's body that brings forth life. In other words, its a two person process. If we're for equality either both should have to live with their choices, or both should have an opt out option. Any in between and one shows that they're not for equality...
If the man was the one who had to use his body to grow the baby, then he would eventually have the final say in whether he wants to do that or not... but women are the ones who carry the baby and they ultimately have the final say in what they do with their bodies. Their partner cannot force control over their body in that way.

Etagloc

Superstar
The devil has really managed to manipulate certain women.

If you're in a room with men and women and someone walks in with a baby in a stroller- what happens?

The women get excited and start fussing over the baby. The guys just kind of stand there while the women get excited.

I've seen this all the time and you've probably seen it too. Person A walks in with a baby on a stroller and the women get excited and start fussing over the baby.

Or I mean for example..... look at how women act when it comes to lingerie.

Because of a contract, I used to work with a store that sold such items so I've seen.... the women will spend hours and hours on looking at... undergarments.

There's just certain differences between how men act and women act.

If I buy some boxers, it takes me two seconds and I don't really think about it. Women buy their.... stuff.... it's an event for them and it can take hours.

Of course, I get that not all women are the same. But these are general tendencies.

Women- not all but many, many, many women will suddenly act excited if someone walks in with a baby on a stroller. Test it with your aunt if you don't believe me.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Women have to be free to be themselves as long as it's not antisocial or anything.

Is there some group of Taliban hiding behind the corner forcing the women to act excited when some random person walks in with a baby on a stroller?

No- it just happens naturally. And naturally I just stand there and don't have that reaction at all.

You look at how men are built. We're built to fight the wars and do other things.

You look at how women are built. Look at how excited they spontaneously act when a random person walks in with a baby on a stroller.

Even "pro-choice" women, lesbians, etc..... you could take a stroller and a baby and they'll still react like that.

Women are designed for being mothers and having babies. They're designed to be nurturing, caring for babies and all that. Of course, they can be serious students of Bible, Quran, whatever and be accomplished in other ways as well..... but women are designed for motherhood. Their instincts, everything point to this. They carry the baby in the stomache for nine months.

The devil must be laughing his head off that he's managed to twist some women so opposite from their innate nature. Now the women who are supposed to be the loving nurturers of babies and into that sort of thing are now clamoring to kill their babies. It's demonic.

justjess

Superstar
But abortion doesnt even include a husband UNLESS the wife wants it that way right? If a woman can decide to absolve herself of being accountable for a fetus she willingly created, then what is the man's way to do that when the woman wants the child? And thats my problem with abortion (well other than it being murder/killing)..Its totally one sided. Man wants the baby but woman doesnt? Child is aborted, man left with nothing. Woman wants the baby but man doesnt? Child is born and the man is forced to father a child (emotionally/physically and/or financially) that he did not want. Wheres the equality that these women are supposedly fighting for in that?

Abortion should either be done away with altogether (except in the cases of r*pe/incest) or men should be allowed an equal alternative to absolve themselves from parenting (physically/emotionally or financially) unwanted children.

On another note, to me, abortion is the modern day "passing the kids thru fire" Molech worship. And maybe/maybe not connecting to fetuses (allegedly) being found in food products such as Pepsi.. With Planned Parenthood being found mostly in low income (i.e black/brown) areas, and anyone being able to look up what Margaret Sanger is said to have said about blacks and the "undesirables" not being fit to live as well, its just hard to blindly support abortion in full. And to be clear, this is a tangent/rant I went off on based on something I read in your post. Im not suggesting that you are for or against any of the issues I brought up....
Ummm.. they can voluntarily walk into family court and relinquish their rights. That options already available.

justjess

Superstar
Its the man's seed in the woman's body that brings forth life. In other words, its a two person process. If we're for equality either both should have to live with their choices, or both should have an opt out option. Any in between and one shows that they're not for equality...

And if "vasectomy" is a thing, so is getting ones tubes tied...
Getting your tubes tied is as invasive expensive irreversible risky procedure.

A vasectomy is none of the above.

Men just don’t want to take responsibility and then drag women down when they are stuck with no choice but to.

With abortion, the father has an opt out option at all times. Currently he also has it if he fathers a child which the woman cannot stop, and she has no 'opt out' without abortion. So if talking about fair, abortion should be an option.
Can’t really make out what you’re getting at with this. How does a man opt out of ALL responsibilities when it comes to fatherhood like a woman can her motherhood by going thru with abortion?

And yes, women want to get their tubes tied frequently but are usually denied until they are close to menopause or have a child some other way. You clearly have no idea what it is like to look at this through a woman's perspective.

I got a vasectomy, and it's a wonderful thing for my marriage.
Yea had a friend a couple of months ago go to get her tubes tied. She’s in her early 30s and spoke of no problems into getting the procedure done. She got cold feet before getting it done but my point remains...

But if that’s the problem then why aren’t you or other feminists fighting for easier access to get the procedure instead of fighting for the right to get rid of their willful mistakes?

If the man was the one who had to use his body to grow the baby, then he would eventually have the final say in whether he wants to do that or not... but women are the ones who carry the baby and they ultimately have the final say in what they do with their bodies. Their partner cannot force control over their body in that way.
Shouldn’t you address what I said?

Can a man absolve himself legally of fatherhood where he won’t and can’t be charged with child support if he doesn’t want the child but the woman does?

Ummm.. they can voluntarily walk into family court and relinquish their rights. That options already available.
And not be put on child support? Because I can bring you story(ies) of men being out on child support for kids who weren’t theirs. You’re saying the solution that they nor no lawyer knew is that he could just go to the court and absolve himself of all responsibilities?

Getting your tubes tied is as invasive expensive irreversible risky procedure.

A vasectomy is none of the above.

Men just don’t want to take responsibility and then drag women down when they are stuck with no choice but to.
My point was that men and women should either BOTH be held responsible or BOTH allowed to have TOTAL opt outs. A woman can totally opt out of motherhood by aborting the child, with or without the child's father's blessing. The man? Well he can opt out of parental rights but still be put on child support. So how about those fighting for the right to kill unborn children, also fight for the father's rights to not HAVE to be put on child support for a child they rather abort? I mean thats equality right?

Of course giving father's that right would mess up the money bag that child support is, so all the feminists that supposedly want equal rights wont fight for that. Im just pointing out the hypocrisy...

justjess

Superstar
And not be put on child support? Because I can bring you story(ies) of men being out on child support for kids who weren’t theirs. You’re saying the solution that they nor no lawyer knew is that he could just go to the court and absolve himself of all responsibilities?
I wouldn’t say all lawyers knew. But yes there is most definately an option to go in and relinquish your rights. All of them. That means you don’t get visitation either tho, and most men for whatever reason still want that.

justjess

Superstar
Child support is a money bag? Lol... come on man. The vast majority of women don’t even get it. Those who do get pennies on the dollar of what they are awarded. It takes years fighting in courts and legal fees to get any sort of recompense that most women do not have. Maybe 3% of women get their full child support award and even that is typically entirely inadequate compared with the costs of actually raising a child.

justjess

Superstar
My point was that men and women should either BOTH be held responsible or BOTH allowed to have TOTAL opt outs. A woman can totally opt out of motherhood by aborting the child, with or without the child's father's blessing. The man? Well he can opt out of parental rights but still be put on child support. So how about those fighting for the right to kill unborn children, also fight for the father's rights to not HAVE to be put on child support for a child they rather abort? I mean thats equality right?

Of course giving father's that right would mess up the money bag that child support is, so all the feminists that supposedly want equal rights wont fight for that. Im just pointing out the hypocrisy...
Why wouldn’t you be willing to get a vasectomy? Honest question deserves an honest answer.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2018/cb18-tps03.html

Those are the child support stats - I exaggerated above but here they are.the average full award is $3500 a year which is less then $300 per month. Have you ever raised a child? Even the full awards if they are actually received are a joke.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say all lawyers knew. But yes there is most definately an option to go in and relinquish your rights. All of them. That means you don’t get visitation either tho, and most men for whatever reason still want that.
No offense, but I dont believe there is an option for men to opt out of being put on child support. If you have some documentation, I'd be glad to correct my stance. But Im 1000% not buying what you're selling right now. I know they can give up parental rights, but total absolvement would mean also not being put on child support. And as far as I know, theres not an option for that. I do stand to be corrected as this is more your area of expertise than mine...

Child support is a money bag? Lol... come on man. The vast majority of women don’t even get it. Those who do get pennies on the dollar of what they are awarded. It takes years fighting in courts and legal fees to get any sort of recompense that most women do not have. Maybe 3% of women get their full child support award and even that is typically entirely inadequate compared with the costs of actually raising a child.
Why wouldn’t you be willing to get a vasectomy? Honest question deserves an honest answer.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2018/cb18-tps03.html

Those are the child support stats - I exaggerated above but here they are. $3500 a year is less then $300 per month. Have you ever raised a child? Even the full awards if they are actually received are a joke.
We're now going on another tangent than the one we started with. We can, but I just want to reiterate that my point was that women get to have total absolvement of parenthood thru abortion. Total absolving meaning financially, emotionally, and physically. Men? Not so much. They can do the last two, but the mother, again to my understanding, always has the ability to put the man on child support. So my thing is, if we're really about "equality" then we should give the man that same option by not putting him on child support for children he didnt want. Thats equal right? If not, then you're holding the man more accountable than the woman, which is not equal. If not then let me know that men and women are not equal (and this is NOT in regards to value) and that they shouldnt be held to the same standards.

I wouldn’t get a vasectomy because I don’t believe in surgery that isn’t life saving...

manama

Star

And if "vasectomy" is a thing, so is getting ones tubes tied...
Do you know how DIFFICULT it is for a woman to get permanent birth control? A woman can't even get "Hysterectomy" without the approval of her partner so if she is in a abusive relationship, she has no right to her own body.

Not that but any kind of birthcontrol other than pills are extremely difficult to get. And like Aero said anyway that men can walk out of their kids' life and face no consequences. Men are NOT the victims here, the woman carrying the child is.

As though only one option can be fought for and not the other.

Your solution is the same as PETA's-- they euthanize the 'unwanted' animals.
We aren't "euthanizing" already born babies so your point is stupid.

Do you know how DIFFICULT it is for a woman to get permanent birth control? A woman can't even get "Hysterectomy" without the approval of her partner so if she is in a abusive relationship, she has no right to her own body.
Then maybe that’s a fight y’all could pick up next?

Not that but any kind of birthcontrol other than pills are extremely difficult to get. And like Aero said anyway that men can walk out of their kids' life and face no consequences. Men are NOT the victims here, the woman carrying the child is.
Last time I checked a person can be jailed for not paying child support. So much for “no consequences”

Funny how you would like to choose what you do with your body.
I made my argument clear that if we allow abortion for women then we should also allow men to have the ability to opt out of their responsibilities (including being put on child support) too. Y’all claim to be looking for equality but you’re against this? Interesting if I do say so myself

I guess you won't be getting a hip or knee replacement then either, if needed.
Umm ok if we want to go that route then I’ll edit my statement to say that I wouldn’t get surgery that wasn’t necessary to my quality of life.