Stranger Things 3

Dalit

Star
I read somewhere that someone thought Season 1 was the best because it introduced us to the characters and the monster/demogorgon was more in the shadows, which made it more creepy and spooky. I don't disagree with that. Yet I think it is the character development and the 80s nostalgia that make this such a good series. Each season builds on the others. So I've enjoyed all the seasons for that. I like character-driven and content-driven shows, like the AMC dramas (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Halt and Catch Fire) and BBC and PBS fare.

manama

Star
Loved this season more than the last two. Not only was it really well made but I loved that each character had their own thing going on instead of there being just one clear protagonist.

I just found the Russian plot annoying and Hopper’s behavior was gross. That’s why I put it behind the other two. Other than that it was still good though.

Dalit

Star
I just found the Russian plot annoying and Hopper’s behavior was gross. That’s why I put it behind the other two. Other than that it was still good though.
Hey, it wouldn't be the 80s without a little Cold War paranoia and demonization of all things Russian and former USSR. :) It's an overused trope. Kinda saw it coming.

As for Hopper and Joyce, I think they're taking a cue from Moonlighting despite the obvious Sam and Diane reference from Cheers. Did Hopper have to be such a jerk though?

Last edited: