Stranger Things 3

Dalit

Star
Awesome now I don’t have to go outside on the 4th and see the grotesque celebration of imperialism.

They certainly did set that guy up as the host and being that the host is already kind of bad...well that’s trouble lol

Dalit

Star
It' is such a scary movie the kids shoudn't be watched it...
I knew of some pre-teens that were watching it and, at that age, that would be too young for me. As long as the parents watch it, too, and have honest discussions about it, it would be all right. I personally think it's more for adults since there's all the 80s nostalgia and actors in it. It's a cross between The Goonies and the Alien/Aliens movies, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Johnny5

Veteran
I haven't seen the whole season yet, but I felt the whole Russian angle was playing on the fact that most 80s movies had Russians as the villians... Cold War and all. Just goes with the rest of the 80s setting to me.

Has kind of a “Tommyknockers” vibe.. I could have also done without the Hopper pro-torture scene, can there be any media that doesn’t glorify this?

Still it’s good, really fleshed our characters and that’s what matters, MBB is going places, she’s an incredible talent, I just hope that she (and the rest of the young cast ) won’t succumb to the pressures of fame and the parasitic hierarchy of the industry. Please keep her away from Drake lol

Dalit

Star
Tommyknockers... !

Terribly similar to the skulls found in Paracas...

... and elsewhere.

Sorry for the OT post. It's interesting stuff though. :p
Just watched the preview for this movie. Looks incredibly cheesy. :p

Tommyknockers... !

Terribly similar to the skulls found in Paracas...

... and elsewhere.

Sorry for the OT post. It's interesting stuff though. :p
I totally forgot Jimmy Smits was Jim Gardener, one of my all time favorite King characters. King hates the book but I think it’s one of his best. When I was a kid my neighbors across the street, who ran a meth lab, used to have this green light in an upstairs window that always freaked me out lol

cadiz

Star
it was OK.
But a lot of characters lost appeal for me this season....that Mike kid is annoying
And the actor who plays Will is one of the best but they completely wasted him , he had no storyline and was just there

Hopper was the best part of this season for me, because the actor is miles ahead of all the others...Winona is fine too but I think she is just playing herself tbh

elsbet

Superstar
I totally forgot Jimmy Smits was Jim Gardener, one of my all time favorite King characters. King hates the book but I think it’s one of his best. When I was a kid my neighbors across the street, who ran a meth lab, used to have this green light in an upstairs window that always freaked me out lol
That would have freaked me out too. So would the meth lab tbh-- can explode anytime. Just takes one idiot... :p

Took me forever to finally read Tommyknockers... but yeah, I couldn't put it down. Wonder why he hates it. :/

That would have freaked me out too. So would the meth lab tbh-- can explode anytime. Just takes one idiot... :p

Took me forever to finally read Tommyknockers... but yeah, I couldn't put it down. Wonder why he hates it. :/
:)

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/stephen-king-the-rolling-stone-interview-191529/

Did the quality of your writing start to go down?
Yeah, it did. I mean, The Tommyknockers is an awful book. That was the last one I wrote before I cleaned up my act. And I’ve thought about it a lot lately and said to myself, “There’s really a good book in here, underneath all the sort of spurious energy that cocaine provides, and I ought to go back.” The book is about 700 pages long, and I’m thinking, “There’s probably a good 350-page novel in there.”

Is The Tommyknockers the one book in your catalog you think you botched?
Well, I don’t like Dreamcatcher very much. Dreamcatcher was written after the accident. [In 1999, King was hit by a van while taking a walk and left severely injured.] I was using a lot of Oxycontin for pain. And I couldn’t work on a computer back then because it hurt too much to sit in that position. So I wrote the whole thing longhand. And I was pretty stoned when I wrote it, because of the Oxy, and that’s another book that shows the drugs at work.

He feels it was just coke delirium, he also feels that way about his other alien novel, Dreamcatcher. That’s also one of my favorites and certainly his best post-accident novel but I understand why he might feel negatively towards them.

He’s a working class writer though, maybe he’s not the best, he certainly has some problems in his books, but no one ever put ordinary people in weird situations and made it seem so believable.

Anyway Stephen King fanboy rant over, sorry @Dalit I hope you enjoy the interview lol

Dalit

Star
:)

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/stephen-king-the-rolling-stone-interview-191529/

Did the quality of your writing start to go down?
Yeah, it did. I mean, The Tommyknockers is an awful book. That was the last one I wrote before I cleaned up my act. And I’ve thought about it a lot lately and said to myself, “There’s really a good book in here, underneath all the sort of spurious energy that cocaine provides, and I ought to go back.” The book is about 700 pages long, and I’m thinking, “There’s probably a good 350-page novel in there.”

Is The Tommyknockers the one book in your catalog you think you botched?
Well, I don’t like Dreamcatcher very much. Dreamcatcher was written after the accident. [In 1999, King was hit by a van while taking a walk and left severely injured.] I was using a lot of Oxycontin for pain. And I couldn’t work on a computer back then because it hurt too much to sit in that position. So I wrote the whole thing longhand. And I was pretty stoned when I wrote it, because of the Oxy, and that’s another book that shows the drugs at work.

He feels it was just coke delirium, he also feels that way about his other alien novel, Dreamcatcher. That’s also one of my favorites and certainly his best post-accident novel but I understand why he might feel negatively towards them.

He’s a working class writer though, maybe he’s not the best, he certainly has some problems in his books, but no one ever put ordinary people in weird situations and made it seem so believable.

Anyway Stephen King fanboy rant over, sorry @Dalit I hope you enjoy the interview lol
I liked the interview. No worries. :)

I've only read 11/22/63 and loved it. Have seen Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

Wish I had the discipline to write like he does. Wrote voraciously in middle and high school and planned to become a novelist. Didn't happen. Life got in the way.

TC1968

Established
I thought Season 3 was a great rebound from the very disappointing Season 2.