Stranger Things 3

I read somewhere that someone thought Season 1 was the best because it introduced us to the characters and the monster/demogorgon was more in the shadows, which made it more creepy and spooky. I don't disagree with that. Yet I think it is the character development and the 80s nostalgia that make this such a good series. Each season builds on the others. So I've enjoyed all the seasons for that. I like character-driven and content-driven shows, like the AMC dramas (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Halt and Catch Fire) and BBC and PBS fare.

I just found the Russian plot annoying and Hopper’s behavior was gross. That’s why I put it behind the other two. Other than that it was still good though.
Hey, it wouldn't be the 80s without a little Cold War paranoia and demonization of all things Russian and former USSR. :) It's an overused trope. Kinda saw it coming.

As for Hopper and Joyce, I think they're taking a cue from Moonlighting despite the obvious Sam and Diane reference from Cheers. Did Hopper have to be such a jerk though?

Last edited: