Straight Pride Parade-Boston

polymoog

Superstar
I was asking if you knew what gay pride parades were like
no, but the original 1970 gay pride parade was a protest against the police treatment of individuals at the stonewall inn. this was a legitimate protest. i dont think anyone was behaving in the manner which we see today.

TC1968

Established
With only 25-100 people total it'd be pretty hard to hide someone like that lol.

The entire thing was a gong show. It's comical the city had barricades and police everywhere... for what turned out to be dozens of protesters. There were 3 times as many counter-protesters. The drumph float and Yiannopoulos was a joke. The premise of the march is a good idea but the way it was organized- I wouldn't dare support such idiocy.

I can intellectually and spiritually side with a Straight Pride Parade, but deep down this event reeked of trolling and attention seeking from the outset and that is exactly what it turned out to be.

Lisa

Superstar
I can intellectually and spiritually side with a Straight Pride Parade, but deep down this event reeked of trolling and attention seeking from the outset and that is exactly what it turned out to be.
Yep the pride parade is attention seeking as well and it seems to be trolling to people who aren’t like them.

Kregmurraymac

Rookie
Was it ever about that?
Categorically and historically yes it was, but that was long before I was born I’m from 88, but yes pride initially formed as a protest and it was necessary at the time to protest the police brutality as the victims of it weren’t criminals at all, and it was not done to enforce people to agree with or love the community as it now is but to show respect the same way we should be showing respect to one another but it’s gotten so far past that, so yes it has just not in my life time or many others life times.

Once it became politicized again I’d say more so the past decade is when it got substantially worse, people who wanted to come celebrate who were not gay or were police officers or celebrated anything “white culture” has been all but banned.