Straight Pride Parade-Boston

Lisa

Superstar
I’ve been wondering if it happened and I missed it..but I did miss the Modesto one which was last week..

has

Rookie
Why would Christian’s celebrate themselves? Christianity is all about God, we are saved because of God not because of ourselves.
THANK YOU!
White parade, Gay parade... that's the same unecessary mess to me. Complaining about gay parade & playing the victim card narrative of the pooor White heterosexual male AND parading a snowflake sexuality/Identity are equally silly IMO.
I'll never get the point to be "proud" of something you didn't personally achieve or deserve (race, sexual orientation, etc). All of this will have absolutely 0 importance when we die and rejoin our Creator.
However receiving the Grace that none of us ever deserved is the only thing to be grateful and "humbled" (and not "proud") of

I wish people would put less "pride" about what they ARE and be more focused on achieving significant things that don't strike their ego. This ME!ME!ME! generation is getting tiring.

Pepsi

Veteran
Do you follow do not kill? Do not steal? Those are Biblical ya know?
Those are actual laws. No sane person wants to go to jail. And no sane person wants to go through life hurting someone.

Lisa

Superstar
Seems like a hot mess...

*Dozens of Trump supporters and 'Straight Pride' advocates took to the streets of Boston on Saturday
*They were met with hundreds of counter-protesters who called them out for their ties to white supremacy
*A couple of counter-demonstrators scuffled with police and threw dirt and eggs at them - one protester was seen being detained
*A group calling itself Super Happy Fun America organized the 'Straight Pride' parade in response to the hugely popular gay pride parades that take place in US cities every year
*'The organizers of the Straight Pride Parade have long and well-documented ties to white supremacists and anti-immigrant movements,' a protester said
*The marshal of the 'Straight Pride' rally was Milo Yiannopoulos, a prominent and provocative gay member of the far-right movement in the U.S.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7414365/Straight-pride-parade-draws-marchers-protesters.html

Lisa

Superstar
Those are actual laws. No sane person wants to go to jail. And no sane person wants to go through life hurting someone.
The context of that quote was that laws are Biblical as they follow the command do not kill, do not steal. I think all people have the ability to do wrong without thinking through the consequences.

justjess

Superstar
The context of that quote was that laws are Biblical as they follow the command do not kill, do not steal. I think all people have the ability to do wrong without thinking through the consequences.
Do not kill, do not steal as legal guidelines for behavior predate the Bible by a whole heck of a lot

DavidSon

Star
what surprises me is that agent provocateurs didnt instigate anything on the straight side.
With only 25-100 people total it'd be pretty hard to hide someone like that lol.

The entire thing was a gong show. It's comical the city had barricades and police everywhere... for what turned out to be dozens of protesters. There were 3 times as many counter-protesters. The drumph float and Yiannopoulos was a joke. The premise of the march is a good idea but the way it was organized- I wouldn't dare support such idiocy.

Z. T. Jacob

Established
what surprises me is that agent provocateurs didnt instigate anything on the straight side.
Because the police were on their side. They regularly infiltrate anti-fascist, anti-racist, anti-capitalist, anti-war, and other left-wing demonstrations, because most cops (there are some good ones) support systems of oppression and unjust hierarchies, because they hold a position of power over normal people (especially marginalized communities) and feel threatened by movements for justice and equality. Most of them want to keep their position of power and lock up those who threaten it.

Kregmurraymac

Rookie
Straight pride parade should be something allowed to occur, I’m gay myself and I am nauseated by all this exclusion occurring by the allegedly open and accepting lgbt community.

Gay pride parade is not at all any longer about celebrating a groups strength and history it’s about debauchery, penis lollipops and stripping parade floats it’s disturbing.

If gay pride is allowed so should be straight pride. We really don’t need any of this crap but if one group wants one then another should also be able to have one.

polymoog

Superstar
Straight pride parade should be something allowed to occur, I’m gay myself and I am nauseated by all this exclusion occurring by the allegedly open and accepting lgbt community.
im glad you see the hypocrisy.
sadly, like most well-intended causes, the gay pride movement has been hijacked. you can bring legitimacy back to it by calling out what it has become.

Lisa

Superstar
im glad you see the hypocrisy.
sadly, like most well-intended causes, the gay pride movement has been hijacked. you can bring legitimacy back to it by calling out what it has become.
Was it ever a well intended cause it was it always about an agenda?

polymoog

Superstar
Do you know what the parades were first like? I can’t seem to remember them being anything but what they are.
are we talking about gay pride parades or hijacked grassroots efforts? my original point was hijacked grassroots activism.

Lisa

Superstar
are we talking about gay pride parades or hijacked grassroots efforts? my original point was hijacked grassroots activism.
I was asking if you knew what gay pride parades were like before they got hijacked since you said they were hijacked and twisted.