Stop promoting what you don't want to perpetuate

2samuel1427

Rookie
So a while ago cardi b got dragged on twitter for calling darkskin woman roaches and saying some disparaging things about trans and arab people..

Now, I’m not saying it’s right, but what I’m trying to figure out is why are people upset. Cardi B is ignorant, she became famous purely for being vulgar, hypersexual, saying ignorant things and behaving ratchet. That is who she is and that's what people love her for so, I don’t get why it’s becoming a problem all of a sudden.

If you don’t want people with large platforms behaving ridiculously then stop, rewarding/feeding into bad behavior. Stop propelling people who don’t know how to act into superstardom.

Old people constantly complain about the youth. What’s wrong with the youth? Why are they so stupid? Why do they only care about selfies, likes and followers? Why don’t they want to go to school, why are they all on drugs? They ask these questions as if it is impossible to figure out why.

We live in a society where bad behavior is praised and appears to get you farther than doing things legitimately. Why would kids want to work hard go to school and get themselves into masses of debt just to find that they can’t find a decent job when they graduate, when they could take some selfies or make some funny videos and get famous on instagram. Now I and most adults know that getting instagram fame does automatically equal success in life, but this is the message that kids are absorbing. Reality tv, social media, and viral videos appear to be better alternatives to working hard and developing a talent or skill and it is our fault as adult consumers because the youth see who we support and give our attention to and try to become that.

We must stop elevating people that we do not want our kids to be like. Would you want you your kids to act like Cardi B or Kim Kardashian or Donald Trump? No, so why are we supporting them, why are giving them our money, why are we giving them our attention? Because we value salaciousness, we love depravity, we can’t live without controversy. And it is reflected in who we choose to be our public figures.

Another thing, I’m tired of men saying, women are so fake, nothing is real anymore, fake hair, fake body, plastic surgery, too much makeup, women are so superficial. I’m willing to bet if you go into your their instagram and look at the woman they follow and pictures they like, these women will have fake hair, makeup, and some type of work done to their body. I have yet to see an Ig page dedicated to celebrating woman with no fake hair, no makeup and 100% real bodies. Even if they do exist they are way outnumbered to all the pages dedicated to woman with clearly fake bodies and they are all wearing makeup and hair extensions of some type.

So, if woman see that this is who men support and give their attention to, it should be no shock that women wear fake hair, makeup, and that cosmetic procedures are on the rise. Woman see that having good character, being smart, and having talent and skill is not as important to men as outward appearance. So yes women are going to put more effort into the way they look and because our beauty standards are not real and thus unattainable through natural means, they are going to turn to weaves, makeup and plastic surgery. It's not rocket science. Men only speak out against these things when they don’t like the way it looks or are trying to discredit someone.

STOP PROMOTING PEOPLE AND THEN SHAMING THEM FOR BEING WHAT THEY BECAME FAMOUS FOR. STOP PROMOTING PEOPLE AND THEN SHAMING OTHER PEOPLE FOR EMULATING THEM.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
So a while ago cardi b got dragged on twitter for calling darkskin woman roaches and saying some disparaging things about trans and arab people..

Now, I’m not saying it’s right, but what I’m trying to figure out is why are people upset. Cardi B is ignorant, she became famous purely for being vulgar, hypersexual, saying ignorant things and behaving ratchet. That is who she is and that's what people love her for so, I don’t get why it’s becoming a problem all of a sudden.

If you don’t want people with large platforms behaving ridiculously then stop, rewarding/feeding into bad behavior. Stop propelling people who don’t know how to act into superstardom.

Old people constantly complain about the youth. What’s wrong with the youth? Why are they so stupid? Why do they only care about selfies, likes and followers? Why don’t they want to go to school, why are they all on drugs? They ask these questions as if it is impossible to figure out why.

We live in a society where bad behavior is praised and appears to get you farther than doing things legitimately. Why would kids want to work hard go to school and get themselves into masses of debt just to find that they can’t find a decent job when they graduate, when they could take some selfies or make some funny videos and get famous on instagram. Now I and most adults know that getting instagram fame does automatically equal success in life, but this is the message that kids are absorbing. Reality tv, social media, and viral videos appear to be better alternatives to working hard and developing a talent or skill and it is our fault as adult consumers because the youth see who we support and give our attention to and try to become that.

We must stop elevating people that we do not want our kids to be like. Would you want you your kids to act like Cardi B or Kim Kardashian or Donald Trump? No, so why are we supporting them, why are giving them our money, why are we giving them our attention? Because we value salaciousness, we love depravity, we can’t live without controversy. And it is reflected in who we choose to be our public figures.

Another thing, I’m tired of men saying, women are so fake, nothing is real anymore, fake hair, fake body, plastic surgery, too much makeup, women are so superficial. I’m willing to bet if you go into your their instagram and look at the woman they follow and pictures they like, these women will have fake hair, makeup, and some type of work done to their body. I have yet to see an Ig page dedicated to celebrating woman with no fake hair, no makeup and 100% real bodies. Even if they do exist they are way outnumbered to all the pages dedicated to woman with clearly fake bodies and they are all wearing makeup and hair extensions of some type.

So, if woman see that this is who men support and give their attention to, it should be no shock that women wear fake hair, makeup, and that cosmetic procedures are on the rise. Woman see that having good character, being smart, and having talent and skill is not as important to men as outward appearance. So yes women are going to put more effort into the way they look and because our beauty standards are not real and thus unattainable through natural means, they are going to turn to weaves, makeup and plastic surgery. It's not rocket science. Men only speak out against these things when they don’t like the way it looks or are trying to discredit someone.

STOP PROMOTING PEOPLE AND THEN SHAMING THEM FOR BEING WHAT THEY BECAME FAMOUS FOR. STOP PROMOTING PEOPLE AND THEN SHAMING OTHER PEOPLE FOR EMULATING THEM.
View attachment 19412

The best thing we can give these folk is our innatention!
I agree with both of you but I also admit some caution/concern..... I think its safe to say that if we withdraw our attention (which we should), they are going to have meltdowns trying to stay relevant. So I also think we should prepare ourselves and the youth for what happens when they try to extend those 15 minutes......

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I agree with both of you but I also admit some caution/concern..... I think its safe to say that if we withdraw our attention (which we should), they are going to have meltdowns trying to stay relevant. But I also think we should prepare ourselves and the youth for what happens when they try to extend those 15 minutes......
I once had a book on poisonous mushrooms as a teenager - (nerdy I know, but fascinating). I still remember names like "destroying angel" and "death cap" and even some of the toxins...

There is a place to know your enemy and help others do the same, and a time to extend your reading, I guess?

I agree with this. Our attention creates their reality. Imagine if people stopped giving their attention.These celebrities and public figures would be nothing without their mindless, sheep herd. Social media is the world's greatest distraction tool. Whats even worse is the severeness of social media addictions. It kills culture, the ego, the mind and makes you very sick mentally and physically,

I have a friend who mindlessly browses Instagram and twitter for hours even when we hang out. I cannot understand how people actually give absurd amount of attention for celebrities/social media. You are sacrificing a portion of your life for digital validation and satisfaction that will all disappear and become nothing in a few weeks, month and even years.

No one loves you that much to be constantly checking your phone every second. The internet does an amazing job feeding the youth's shallow, superficial ego.

elsbet

Superstar

I don't.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I follow half of that post lol
Break it down RS@M!
There is a fascination with evil, just as there might be for teenagers reading books on poisons. However bad, how occult, how brazen an artist might be, good people are often drawn in by incredulity (and maybe the desire to warn others) while wicked people are drawn by admiration.

As everything we do has opportunity/cost implications, we should take care on how much time we spend exposing and investigating evil compared with how much light we shine.

1ee07ce5fca87c896fb188cf07160757.jpg