Stock market drops 400 points

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
So many? I can think of one company, Sam's Club, that announced layoffs, and the new hires that have been announced by many other companies more than offset the loss of those jobs.

You just can't argue with the numbers. There are more jobs now than there were this time last year.
Ladies and gents, we have a challenge..... JustJess and Thunderian square off in a match up of which poster can actually quantify & qualify their contentions....... Im interested in both sides opinions, but more-so the facts which we can use to base a discussion off of.

Aero

Superstar
Trump was abandoned by the establishment Republicans and the Democrats
Exactly. A bunch of leakers and rats
Is everyone so caught up in the Democratic media complex narrative on Trump that they're ignoring facts?
8 years of Obama will do that.
Trump has done an amazing job so fa
Idk if I'm ready to go that far yet.
He's killing it.
I agree with this.

justjess

Superstar
So many? I can think of one company, Sam's Club, that announced layoffs, and the new hires that have been announced by many other companies more than offset the loss of those jobs.

You just can't argue with the numbers. There are more jobs now than there were this time last year.
so then you havent been following the news and are truly unaware...

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/these-companies-started-firing-employees-right-after-getting-tax-cuts-from-trump.html/?a=viewall

the amount of jobs added has been growing steadily for a couple years now, the rate of growth has actually declined from the previous couple years. it is overly simplistic to assess the state of the economy on number of jobs and stock prices alone. those could all be part time minimum wage jobs while the jobs lost were full time high paid positions, for example. prices of stocks going up doesnt necessarily benefit anyone other than the people who own stock, not everyone does.

as far as establishment republicans.. they are all on the same page. no one abandoned him. i dont even know how you can make that claim.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Since Trump took office, job growth has slowed. Job-seekers became more scarce, and employers struggled to find workers.
Employment — Total nonfarm employment grew by 1.84 million during the president’s first 11 months in office, according to the most recent figures available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
It’s a respectable gain, to be sure. But it’s 12 percent lower than the 2.01 million jobs that were created in the 11 months before he entered office.
The average monthly job gain under Trump is now 167,182, well behind the average monthly gain of 213,708 jobs during Obama’s entire second term. It’s also well shy of the pace required to meet his goal of 25 million new jobs over 10 years.
Trump will have to pick up the pace if he is to fulfill his campaign boast that he will be “the greatest jobs creation president that God ever created
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/01/trumps-numbers/

your right, numbers dont lie.

Helioform

Star

Watch those stooges get angry and try to interrupt the guy for telling the truth.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Helioform

Star
Trump doing a "good job"? He is a MAN-CHILD who continually blames others for the lies he tells. He also has delusions of grandeur that are apparent in narcissistic individuals. Just read his tweets if you don't believe me. He sometimes even retweets his own tweets for God's sake. Wake the f up guys he is not against the establishment.

justjess

Superstar
it was less jobs then added in the previous 11 months. it was actuallynless jobs then had been added yearly for the last 6 years..

wages have risen slightly, (the actual increase is smaller then cited there when adjusted for inflation), and yes more then theybhave in recent past but that is still an aggregate and mostly accounted for by wage raises for high earners. which clearly doesnt help the rest of us.

if the unemployment rate measured those who were underemployed and those who just gave up it would be more accurate, as it stands they base it off unemployement insurance claims.