Standing up to the new religion of “Wokeism”

What is wrong about CRT ?
That’s a pretty broad question that volumes have been written about which is why I posted a video summarizing a peer reviewed book that goes through the history of critical theory

in the most basic terms, it’s because it wasn’t founded on scientific terms, it was a political movement with ends in mind that the theories were crafted on. The original critical theorists basically describe themselves in this way, and a large body of scientific literature critiquing critical theory on actual scientific terms exists

That’s a pretty broad question that volumes have been written about which is why I posted a video summarizing a peer reviewed book that goes through the history of critical theory

in the most basic terms, it’s because it wasn’t founded on scientific terms, it was a political movement with ends in mind that the theories were crafted on. The original critical theorists basically describe themselves in this way, and a large body of scientific literature critiquing critical theory on actual scientific terms exists
that sounds like a bunch of ambiguous nonsense.

What do you mean "scientific terms" ? CRT is not a science, its a social and historical analysis. Any look at history has large elements of opinion that isn't "scientific", the nature of the subject is succeptable to bias.

Why dont you just tell me in your own words, what is wrong with what they are teaching and stop all these word games. If you cannot articulate clearly what is wrong with what they are teaching then it doesn't bode well for your argument.

that sounds like a bunch of ambiguous nonsense.

What do you mean "scientific terms" ? CRT is not a science, its a social and historical analysis. Any look at history has large elements of opinion that isn't "scientific", the nature of the subject is succeptable to bias.

Why dont you just tell me in your own words, what is wrong with what they are teaching and stop all these word games. If you cannot articulate clearly what is wrong with what they are teaching then it doesn't bode well for your argument.
So if “the nature of the subject is susceptible to bias” it shouldn’t be taught as an objectively true theory to children, obviously. It should be taught as a perspective that exists that has problems with it that should be taught, and a history like any other theory. Probably in a high school if at all. You dont teach sociology to children who lack developed critical thinking capacities in any other scenario

So if “the nature of the subject is susceptible to bias” it shouldn’t be taught as an objectively true theory to children, obviously.
but plenty of things subjective to bias are taught to children, like the whitewashed version of history that CRT is trying to correct. You dont seem to have a problem with that though do you ?

It should be taught as a perspective that exists that has problems with it that should be taught, and a history like any other theory. Probably in a high school if at all. You dont teach sociology to children who lack developed critical thinking capacities in any other scenario
If children are old enough to be taught a whitewashed history, then they are old enough to be taught CRT.

but plenty of things subjective to bias are taught to children, like the whitewashed version of history that CRT is trying to correct. You dont seem to have a problem with that though do you ?

If children are old enough to be taught a whitewashed history, then they are old enough to be taught CRT.
And if they’re taught critical race theory, they should be taught all the reasons why it’s not true

but ive asked you plenty of times what is not true about it, and you've yet to answer.
You answered for me, if “the nature of the subject [critical race theory] is susceptible to bias” - (vancityeagle July 14 2021), it shouldn’t be taught as if it’s true.
Then I posted a video giving the history of the movement and why it is untrue, even anti-truth in fact.

You answered for me, if “the nature of the subject [critical race theory] is susceptible to bias” - (vancityeagle July 14 2021), it shouldn’t be taught as if it’s true.
but every part of history is subject to bias. Including the whitewashed history that schools have taught children for over a hundred years. Where was your outrage then ?

still waiting for you to tell me specifically what is "not true" about CRT.

Then I posted a video giving the history of the movement and why it is untrue, even anti-truth in fact.
you posted a video made by a white supremacist. Speaking of bias you cannot get any more bias than going to a white supremacist to tell you the truth about CRT. LOL

but every part of history is subject to bias. Including the whitewashed history that schools have taught children for over a hundred years. Where was your outrage then ?

still waiting for you to tell me specifically what is "not true" about CRT.
Nah that’s some crt bullshit. Imagine a movement that denies the existence of objective truth getting butthurt when someone says their theory isn’t true lol
you posted a video made by a white supremacist. Speaking of bias you cannot get any more bias than going to a white supremacist to tell you the truth about CRT. LOL
sorry your hatethink categorization hold no meaning. The person is summarizing a peer reviewed work and doesn’t mention the supremacy of the white race. If you don’t like that, cry more lib, the history of crt is originates from more “hate” than any other simple historical fact or situation discussed in schools

We made a theory critiquing your culture but if your critique our theory you’re a hate thinker:(:mad:. Classic lib-tardation

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
but ive asked you plenty of times what is not true about it, and you've yet to answer.
Well, I posted Clint’s critique of CRT up a day or two ago…

09458049-2274-42A3-A599-05F52C7D4B76.jpeg

Having spent quite a lot of time with “woke” people, they would take pains to point out that while Clint had never owned slaves and they had personally never picked cotton, that their races had respectively benefitted from that imbalance. A fair point in its own way, but I doubt many CRT theorists have thought through the implications of their philosophy.

As I understand it, the whites now owe the oppressed BAME folk “equity” and reparations. The first and most obvious question is what that looks like, what’s the bill? How is it to be paid? Positive discrimination etc etc?

Imagine the world where that as happened. Every white person has paid the new CRT tax and have downsized out of shame for the events of the past.

A new movement emerges…

For a long time, it has been known that certain products are presently made by people in semi-slavery conditions (when compared to the affluent west). It might be cloths made in Bangladesh, Indian stone employing child labour in the quarries or electronic items pushed out at low cost through chain stores. These products have been made at the expense of one person’s standard of living over another’s.

To take the the new redressive “equity” trend to its conclusion would have a class action from the poor workers invoicing the recipient of the goods for the difference between what they were paid and the minimum wage in the recipient country.

If you believe in CRT and logic, you must follow the idea to where it leads.

I doubt many CRT theorists have thought through the implications of their philosophy.
On the contrary, the implications were why the theories were created. They knew full well what they were doing because the founders of critical theory were all avowed marxists trying to revolutionize culture. Perhaps the proponents of it don’t think of it in modern day though, in which case the rest of your post is true. A small minutia but an important one imo

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
On the contrary, the implications were why the theories were created. They knew full well what they were doing because the founders of critical theory were all avowed marxists trying to revolutionize culture. Perhaps the proponents of it don’t think of it in modern day though, in which case the rest of your post is true. A small minutia but an important one imo
I agree about the long term consequences of teaching CRT, but I think that many regular people who have become seduced by it have not fully thought out where it might take them.

Having spent quite a lot of time with “woke” people, they would take pains to point out that while Clint had never owned slaves and they had personally never picked cotton, that their races had respectively benefitted from that imbalance. A fair point in its own way, but I doubt many CRT theorists have thought through the implications of their philosophy.
so you've basically just admitted to the legitimacy of CRT. Thanks for your honesty.
As I understand it, the whites now owe the oppressed BAME folk “equity” and reparations. The first and most obvious question is what that looks like, what’s the bill? How is it to be paid? Positive discrimination etc etc?
any time a wrong is carried out it is FIXED. On a micro scale If I rob you, then I pay the price. I serve a punishment, and you can also be recompensated for what was stolen. Yet for some reason on a Macro scale people think its just acceptible to forget everything and have no compensation. Does that make any sense ? I dont know what the bill looks like, its a very complicated process, but it should be discussed, and I would assume those who dont want to discuss it or try to right the wrongs of the past, have no problem with the wrongs of the past.

Imagine the world where that as happened. Every white person has paid the new CRT tax and have downsized out of shame for the events of the past.
But I dont think every white person would pay a CRT tax. I think it would be mostly corporations, and private wealth of families who had ties to slavery and exploitation. The average white person would not pay a hypothetical "CRT tax"

A new movement emerges…

For a long time, it has been known that certain products are presently made by people in semi-slavery conditions (when compared to the affluent west). It might be cloths made in Bangladesh, Indian stone employing child labour in the quarries or electronic items pushed out at low cost through chain stores. These products have been made at the expense of one person’s standard of living over another’s.

To take the the new redressive “equity” trend to its conclusion would have a class action from the poor workers invoicing the recipient of the goods for the difference between what they were paid and the minimum wage in the recipient country.
you are comparing apples to oranges

1) People in Bangladesh were not kidnapped from their families, brought to a far land and forced into slavery, and made to live in a society that discriminated against them for over 100 years AFTER being released from slavery.

2) CRT addresses society in an American context. It asks America to deal with American issues. Bangladesh is a foreign issue, although I would be for making the global capitalist interests to pay reparations to all nations they have exploited and stolen from. I would not be opposed to that but its a completely different and seperate issue to what CRT is trying to address.

If you believe in CRT and logic, you must follow the idea to where it leads.
It doesn't lead anywhere other than holding the powerful elites and their lower class minions accountable.

Why would anybody oppose that ?

you are still pushing the "cultural marxism" conspiracy theory which is nothing but Nazi propaganda.

CRT is just the latest edition of the Cultural Marxism/Bolshevism Nazi conspiracy theory.

You are not a white supremacist as you've claimed, but you posted a video made by a white supremacist and holocaust deniar, and now you are pushing Nazi conspiracy theories.

All because you are a triggered snowflake who wants a safe space from real history being taught because it makes you feel uncomfortable, and goes against your Nazi narratives.

, but I think that many regular people who have become seduced by it have not fully thought out where it might take them.
CRT just lays out the facts.

What you do with those facts is up to the government passing bills.

Don't worry though, nothing substantial will be done about any of this. It will probably be limited to symbolic gestures, like hanging BLM signs on Government buildings. You know the irrelevant nonsense that you guys like to complain about.

you are still pushing the "cultural marxism" conspiracy theory which is nothing but Nazi propaganda.

CRT is just the latest edition of the Cultural Marxism/Bolshevism Nazi conspiracy theory.

You are not a white supremacist as you've claimed, but you posted a video made by a white supremacist and holocaust deniar, and now you are pushing Nazi conspiracy theories.

All because you are a triggered snowflake who wants a safe space from real history being taught because it makes you feel uncomfortable, and goes against your Nazi narratives.
Cultural Marxism isn’t a conspiracy, nor does something being a conspiracy theory discredit it. Critical theory was created by the Frankfurt school for the purposes of Marxist propagation, sorry if that’s a mean scary hate fact for you.

CRT just lays out the facts.

What you do with those facts is up to the government passing bills.

Don't worry though, nothing substantial will be done about any of this. It will probably be limited to symbolic gestures, like hanging BLM signs on Government buildings. You know the irrelevant nonsense that you guys like to complain about.
It denies the existence of objectivity and facts, that’s just laying out the facts. How do libs even cope lol. I guess they don’t they’re all emotional wrecks

Cultural Marxism isn’t a conspiracy, nor does something being a conspiracy theory discredit it. Critical theory was created by the Frankfurt school for the purposes of Marxist propagation, sorry if that’s a mean scary hate fact for you.
Yes I'm aware of all your Nazi talking points.

Yes critical theory was developed in the Frankfurt school. That also doesn't discredit it.

and no the Frankfurt school has not taken over the West, that is where your Nazi conspiracy theory is just complete nonsense.

you are an absolute tool. You sound like those nutjobs on Fox News who think anything opposing Trump is communism.