Stand Up Comedy - To Regain A Perspective

polymoog

Superstar
as aero had pointed out in the health thread, its important to keep a positive mental outlook in the face of everything out there. this thread is to help us take a step back and laugh.

this thread is for GOOD stand up comedy, not bob saget 'americas funniest home videos' crap. all other comedy probably should go into another thread.

polymoog

Superstar
now i am including this bill burr episode only because he is completely shooting from the hip. the background to this event is that there were 2 other comedians there in philly that night. both were booed off the stage by the drunken philly audience. bill burr went on stage and supposedly was doing a good job until the raucous audience was just too much. at that point, he snapped at all of the hecklers and told him what he really thought. he dedicated the remaining routine to annihilating the audience.
those there claim that he actually received a standing ovation at the end.

polymoog

Superstar
think quick.

henny youngman, king of the one-liners

Last edited:

williejonesjr

Veteran
now i am including this bill burr episode only because he is completely shooting from the hip. the background to this event is that there were 2 other comedians there in philly that night. both were booed off the stage by the drunken philly audience. bill burr went on stage and supposedly was doing a good job until the raucous audience was just too much. at that point, he snapped at all of the hecklers and told him what he really thought. he dedicated the remaining routine to annihilating the audience.
those there claim that he actually received a standing ovation at the end.

Haha! Good for Bill Burr man.

Carolyn

Star
Absolutely love Kevin Bridges, Glaswegian comedian, hes totally fucking hilarious, went to see him a couple of years ago, it was the first thing Id actually been for for years, hes so hilarious, not sure if non UK people will get his humour but if you do you will be absolutely pissing yourself!!

The first three links are from a UK tv show called Would I Lie to You, its a comedy show where the contestants (various comediens and tv personalities) have to each make up a story and the other team have to guess which ones the true story, its so so funny. The last two links are from two of his own stand up shows he done, one from 2010 the other ones more recent from the last couple of years but if you like comedy and you can understand the accent its so funny. Definitely recommend watch the first three at least!

polymoog

Superstar
ive already stated that i generally dont care for comediennes. this is the one exception. willie, since you dont like subtle stuff, you probably wont like her. however, shes very clever, and i find her delivery and timing very good.

wendy liebman part 1

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
Absolutely love Kevin Bridges, Glaswegian comedian, hes totally fucking hilarious, went to see him a couple of years ago, it was the first thing Id actually been for for years, hes so hilarious, not sure if non UK people will get his humour but if you do you will be absolutely pissing yourself!!

The first three links are from a UK tv show called Would I Lie to You, its a comedy show where the contestants (various comediens and tv personalities) have to each make up a story and the other team have to guess which ones the true story, its so so funny. The last two links are from two of his own stand up shows he done, one from 2010 the other ones more recent from the last couple of years but if you like comedy and you can understand the accent its so funny. Definitely recommend watch the first three at least!
Love David Mitchell lol