Sri Lanka Church and Hotel attacks

Awoken2

Superstar
It means that regardless of the whether the bombings were a false flag or not, every fourth Muslim in Britain loved the idea that it was the real thing.
If the false flag wouldn't have occurred they would have no reason to have asked the question would they?...... sheesh, and you call me an idiot?

justjess

Superstar
Jesus Christ of the Holy Bible condemns murder and commands His followers to have love and respect for all, therefore murderers are not following Christ and are not Christian.

Allah of the Koran commands killing of the infidels, therefore murderous attacks on other religious people is following Allah and the Koran.

Your argument is false and willfully ignorant.
Have you read the Old Testament?

justjess

Superstar
Of course.
The Old Testament is still part of the Christian religion last time I checked. It was also used for thousands of years to justify killing in the name of god by Christians the same way the Koran is being used.

No ones trying to “start” a holy war, we’ve been engaged in one to varying levels for thousands of years.

Wigi

Veteran
The Old Testament is still part of the Christian religion last time I checked. It was also used for thousands of years to justify killing in the name of god by Christians the same way the Koran is being used.

No ones trying to “start” a holy war, we’ve been engaged in one to varying levels for thousands of years.
The question is, what thing could be used by christians to kill people today without rejecting the basics of Jesus teachings like 'love your enemies'?

justjess

Superstar
The question is, what thing could be used by christians to kill people today without rejecting the basics of Jesus teachings like 'love your enemies'?
Idk I guess you could go back in time and ask the ones who used it. The Bible didn’t change. Whatever they used back then is still in it today. The only thing that’s changed is people’s interpretation of it, and quite frankly interpretation isn’t very reliable.

There are Muslims who interpret the Koran to be about peace and Muslims who interpret it to wage terrorism. The book is the same. The interpretation is different.

It’s been that way since forever. People tend to pick and choose whatever suits their interests. This isn’t a groundbreaking or explosive statement. Ts historically documented and should be common knowledge.

DesertRose

Superstar
There are Muslims who interpret the Koran to be about peace and Muslims who interpret it to wage terrorism. The book is the same. The interpretation is different.

It’s been that way since forever. People tend to pick and choose whatever suits their interests. This isn’t a groundbreaking or explosive statement. Ts historically documented and should be common knowledge.
So True JJ this was also done in the old crusades and is currently done by some 'Christians" invading Muslim lands as army or mercenaries.
They are misusing the bible and I currently learned that Zen Buddhists in the WW2 era misused their practice by okaying the death of the Chinese they invaded. Every path political and religious has been misused by some segment of their faith to do immoral actions and this is wrong that is why we must have a uniform and unchanging stance against immorality by anyone and justice for and against anyone.

No one blamed Christianity for the actions of person who killed the Muslim worshipers in New Zealand or the daily deaths around the Islamic world from drone attacks or mass murdering invasions, but every time a deranged person does something even if they are not even Muslim. Islam is being thrown under the bus.
The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

Wigi

Veteran
Whatever they used back then is still in it today.
'Whatever' is too vague. Christians need to find real verses justifying such behaviors and explain why they don't keep the Shabbat if they do that.
That being said, I think it was right to fight the Nazis even if the consequences were terrible.

The question is what kind of teachings they rely on and who is their model.

It's a matter of whether they serve God or their ego. History proves that egotistical persons always wanted to manipulate people in one way (democracy) or another (theocracy) for material interests.

justjess

Superstar
Christians in the past DID find real verses to justify their horrible actions. To justify the crusades, slavery, beating women and children etc.

You telling me now that’s too vague doesn’t change that it was historically done. That’s the whole point. Different interpretations are used at different times in history to justify whatever suits the people/rulers etc at that point in time.

Plenty of people have used Christianity for evil. Plenty of people have used Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, etc for evil. It’s all the same.

The holy war has been ongoing ever since man has decided there’s a god and couldn’t agree on who he is. It will be ongoing probably for the rest of time for the same reasons.

Wigi

Veteran
Christians in the past DID find real verses to justify their horrible actions. To justify the crusades, slavery, beating women and children etc.

You telling me now that’s too vague doesn’t change that it was historically done. That’s the whole point. Different interpretations are used at different times in history to justify whatever suits the people/rulers etc at that point in time.

Plenty of people have used Christianity for evil. Plenty of people have used Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, etc for evil. It’s all the same.

The holy war has been ongoing ever since man has decided there’s a god and couldn’t agree on who he is. It will be ongoing probably for the rest of time for the same reasons.
Yes and atheists used science to justify racism, slavery and colonialism.

It's a matter of whether they serve God or their ego. History proves that egotistical persons always wanted to manipulate people in one way (democracy) or another (theocracy) for material interests.

justjess

Superstar
I’m not saying atheists don’t have the same issue, it’s universal. That’s the point.

All people want to manipulate it’s like a guaranteed function of “power” - power corrupts, even those wearing the robes of god. A theocracy won’t solve our problems and won’t end the fighting among different religions it would probably just worsen it

Wigi

Veteran
I’m not saying atheists don’t have the same issue, it’s universal. That’s the point.

All people want to manipulate it’s like a guaranteed function of “power” - power corrupts, even those wearing the robes of god. A theocracy won’t solve our problems and won’t end the fighting among different religions it would probably just worsen it
I don't think people need to gain power to show corruption and moral depravity.

My worldview makes me say that mankind is corrupted and lost but we fail to realise that the spiritual part of this reality affects our behaviors a lot.

Last edited:
Yes and atheists used science to justify racism, slavery and colonialism.

Lol religion was a huge factor in colonialism and slavery. How you can pin slavery on atheism is beyond me it’s biggest justification was the Bible. Where the colonial powers were so were their missionaries. Don’t see how you blame that on atheism or science.

Last edited:
What Bible do you find that in?

Samuel 15:3: "This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.' "

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Lol religion was a huge factor in colonialism and slavery. How you can pin slavery on atheism is beyond me it’s biggest justification was the Bible. Where the colonial powers were so where there missionaries. Don’t see how you blame that on atheism or science.
Bad, cynical people have always used whatever the populous believes to their advantage. The Catholics used purgatory. Eugenics used Evolution. ISIS used wahabism. Riding popular beliefs to a desired outcome is like catching a wave with a surfboard. Often it says more about the ambitions of the person or group as it does about the underlying ideology imo.

Wigi

Veteran
Lol religion was a huge factor in colonialism and slavery. How you can pin slavery on atheism is beyond me it’s biggest justification was the Bible. Where the colonial powers were so where there missionaries. Don’t see how you blame that on atheism or science.
First of all, slavery was practiced in ancient Greece and praised as an human right by Greek philosophers such as Aristotle and Plato to name a few.

Just fact check everything and tell me if Napoleon restored slavery in French colonies and Egypt for religion.

Just ask Karl Vogt, an atheist scientist, what he thought of black people with evolutionary science.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism

Just read on Karl Marx

https://www.theepochtimes.com/karl-marx-the-racist_2217122.html

Darwin himself talked about 'civilised races' and 'savages races' in his famous book called 'the descent of man'

That is the cold truth.

First of all, slavery was practiced in ancient Greece and praised as an human right by Greek philosophers such as Aristotle and Plato to name a few.

Just fact check everything and tell me if Napoleon restored slavery in French colonies and Egypt for religion.

Just ask Karl Vogt, an atheist scientist, what he thought of black people with evolutionary science.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism

Just read on Karl Marx

https://www.theepochtimes.com/karl-marx-the-racist_2217122.html

Darwin himself talked about 'civilised races' and 'savages races' in his famous book called 'the descent of man'

That is the cold truth.

No one says that the Greek Philosophers are the only truth in the universe though.

Regardless science doesn’t tell us what is right or wrong, religion claims too.

Darwin while a man of his time, was an abolitionist and relatively advanced on racial issues given the time. He was one of the first to declare that the human race is one, whereas in religious thought it was often believed the “other” races weren’t human.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newscientist.com/article/dn13689-evolution-myths-evolutionary-theory-leads-to-racism-and-genocide/amp/

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
No one says that the Greek Philosophers are the only truth in the universe though.

Regardless science doesn’t tell us what is right or wrong, religion claims too.

Darwin while a man of his time, was an abolitionist and relatively advanced on racial issues given the time. He was one of the first to declare that the human race is one, whereas in religious thought it was often believed the “other” races weren’t human.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newscientist.com/article/dn13689-evolution-myths-evolutionary-theory-leads-to-racism-and-genocide/amp/
I was told by an evolutionist that altruism was wrong and that if I was normally adjusted I should be more selfish. While some evolutionists may stay away from the concept of good, evil or values of any kind, that is not the case for all of them...