Spirituality moving forward.

MoDc

Established
Assuming our extinction does not come to pass, what is next in our spiritual evolution?

Will it be Jesus’ earthly glorious kingdom? Or will it be a thousand year theocracy set up by men in his name? Or will it be dark satanist new world religion? Will it be any of the innumerable religious prophecies come to pass throughout the ages?

What do you believe and why?

I believe that if we are to survive and have a future where freedom flourishes religion will evolve into a more personalized and private matter.

The time of personified anthropomorphic deities based on aspects of human behavior will pass. We will seek an understanding of the natural world and rely on our god given reason and logic.

The study of philosophy will be for all and considered sacred. The Earth and the natural world will be celebrated. I think celebrating the seasons free of religious customs is and anthropomorphic Gods will be a positive , it will be a time to enjoy merriment and comraderie that is the evolutionary basis for our “spiritual desire”.

I think the ultimate goal will be able to increase the intimacy levels between people, I honestly think that sex should be a more spiritualized experience than what is found commonly today ( both in the secularized and religious worlds ) As Lawrence Jacoby once said, “ the problems of our entire society are of a sexual nature, Agent Cooper”.

Modern strains of atheism do reject man’s spiritual nature and is a flaw with their worldview. Meanwhile, the majority of the currently practiced religions pervert mans spiritual nature.

Justified or not I think most of us here think we are on the precipice of change. What it is remains to be seen. If it’s going to be something positive it’s going to have to be much different than what we see now.

Anyway, I’ll appreciate any opinions and feedback. Promise to be respectful etc etc

this has been presented to you by : cannabis

cheers and happy holidays

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
It seems like the world we live in now...

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:1-5‬ ‭​
But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.​

The end according to Jesus
Matthew‬ ‭24:4-14‬ ‭
And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.

For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs. “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.

Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Regarding sex...
Romans‬ ‭1:18-32‬ ‭​
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
‭‭

This is prophecy from the Bible.

MoDc

Established
It seems like the world we live in now...

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:1-5‬ ‭

But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.​

The end according to Jesus
Matthew‬ ‭24:4-14‬ ‭
And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.

For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs. “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.

Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Regarding sex...
Romans‬ ‭1:18-32‬ ‭​
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
‭‭

This is prophecy from the Bible.
The thing in all those “signs” and behaviors were occurring during the times those passages were written. The sexual hang ups of the Hebrews ( and Paul ) aside everything mentioned in Timothy is just the dark side of human nature. I don’t think it points towards any kind of prophecy.

Worth noting that Jesus himself was an end times apocalyptic preacher who believed the end was imminent, as did all his immediate disciples and Paul.

The only thing that makes the current age seem more dangerous is the threat of nuclear annihilation, environmental degradation and our over reliance on technology that makes our extinction much more likely than in the past.

things are as they ever were..,

Lisa

Superstar
The thing in all those “signs” and behaviors were occurring during the times those passages were written. The sexual hang ups of the Hebrews ( and Paul ) aside everything mentioned in Timothy is just the dark side of human nature. I don’t think it points towards any kind of prophecy.

Worth noting that Jesus himself was an end times apocalyptic preacher who believed the end was imminent, as did all his immediate disciples and Paul.

The only thing that makes the current age seem more dangerous is the threat of nuclear annihilation, environmental degradation and our over reliance on technology that makes our extinction much more likely than in the past.

things are as they ever were..,
Yes, I get your point, the end times have been around for awhile..however...lawlessness does seem to be increasing especially with the lgbtq brigade rising. That surely isn’t a good thing. Gender confusion is really insanity.

The thing that really makes the end times real is the Jews being back in their land. I know there’s been arguments of all sorts about if they are the real Jews and all...but that was unprecedented how they came into being in 1948...that they were able to fight bigger armies to keep their land and even gain some more land. Now, this thing where the Jews were praying on the Temple Mount is no small thing.

I also think of Daniel’s prophecy about the increase in knowledge.
Daniel‬ ‭12:4‬ ‭
But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.​
‭‭
Surely that time really is now. We all can travel the globe faster than ever, flying from one place to the next. I can be in London in 7 hours. Not too bad!

As you‘ve already mentioned..the increase in knowledge. My husband’s grandfather used to talk about riding horses and the day they got a new invention..the car and drove it through the barn lol! Made me think of all the new things he and that generation saw...the tv, the telephone, the radio, airplanes and then later the cell phone, cars getting more sophisticated with smart technology. Not to mention the technology in war with ballistic missiles and the like. We really have increased in technology from any time in history. It really is pretty amazing.

I do think we are getting ever closer to the great tribulation but of course like you said that’s been happening for quite sometime. Where people would even mock saying “where is the promise of His coming?”
I think that with the Jews in Israel and how there are plans to build a new temple is really prophetic. Not only do they plan to do it..they have been actively engaged in making the implements for sacrifices. Finding Levite’s and training them as priests, outfitting them in traditional garb. They have the plans for the temple and I have read thats it’s going to be pre fab and go up quickly. All they really need now is that spotless red heifer and I think there will be a big push to make a new temple a reality and what that happens we will officially be in the last 7 years. That does seem pretty close with the Jews having just been able to pray on the Temple Mount...that is monumental!

You really just have to see the signs to know what time you’re in.

MoDc

Established
Yes, I get your point, the end times have been around for awhile..however...lawlessness does seem to be increasing especially with the lgbtq brigade rising. That surely isn’t a good thing. Gender confusion is really insanity.

The thing that really makes the end times real is the Jews being back in their land. I know there’s been arguments of all sorts about if they are the real Jews and all...but that was unprecedented how they came into being in 1948...that they were able to fight bigger armies to keep their land and even gain some more land. Now, this thing where the Jews were praying on the Temple Mount is no small thing.

I also think of Daniel’s prophecy about the increase in knowledge.
Daniel‬ ‭12:4‬ ‭
But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.​
‭‭
Surely that time really is now. We all can travel the globe faster than ever, flying from one place to the next. I can be in London in 7 hours. Not too bad!

As you‘ve already mentioned..the increase in knowledge. My husband’s grandfather used to talk about riding horses and the day they got a new invention..the car and drove it through the barn lol! Made me think of all the new things he and that generation saw...the tv, the telephone, the radio, airplanes and then later the cell phone, cars getting more sophisticated with smart technology. Not to mention the technology in war with ballistic missiles and the like. We really have increased in technology from any time in history. It really is pretty amazing.

I do think we are getting ever closer to the great tribulation but of course like you said that’s been happening for quite sometime. Where people would even mock saying “where is the promise of His coming?”
I think that with the Jews in Israel and how there are plans to build a new temple is really prophetic. Not only do they plan to do it..they have been actively engaged in making the implements for sacrifices. Finding Levite’s and training them as priests, outfitting them in traditional garb. They have the plans for the temple and I have read thats it’s going to be pre fab and go up quickly. All they really need now is that spotless red heifer and I think there will be a big push to make a new temple a reality and what that happens we will officially be in the last 7 years. That does seem pretty close with the Jews having just been able to pray on the Temple Mount...that is monumental!

You really just have to see the signs to know what time you’re in.
Homosexuality and transgenderism has been around since the first persons walked the planet hundreds of thousands of years ago. It existed long before your idol (The Bible) has its earliest sections written and much longer than the form that it takes now that you worship.

DavidSon

Star
Assuming our extinction does not come to pass, what is next in our spiritual evolution?

Will it be Jesus’ earthly glorious kingdom? Or will it be a thousand year theocracy set up by men in his name? Or will it be dark satanist new world religion? Will it be any of the innumerable religious prophecies come to pass throughout the ages?

What do you believe and why?

I believe that if we are to survive and have a future where freedom flourishes religion will evolve into a more personalized and private matter.

The time of personified anthropomorphic deities based on aspects of human behavior will pass. We will seek an understanding of the natural world and rely on our god given reason and logic.

The study of philosophy will be for all and considered sacred. The Earth and the natural world will be celebrated. I think celebrating the seasons free of religious customs is and anthropomorphic Gods will be a positive , it will be a time to enjoy merriment and comraderie that is the evolutionary basis for our “spiritual desire”.

I think the ultimate goal will be able to increase the intimacy levels between people, I honestly think that sex should be a more spiritualized experience than what is found commonly today ( both in the secularized and religious worlds ) As Lawrence Jacoby once said, “ the problems of our entire society are of a sexual nature, Agent Cooper”.

Modern strains of atheism do reject man’s spiritual nature and is a flaw with their worldview. Meanwhile, the majority of the currently practiced religions pervert mans spiritual nature.

Justified or not I think most of us here think we are on the precipice of change. What it is remains to be seen. If it’s going to be something positive it’s going to have to be much different than what we see now.

Anyway, I’ll appreciate any opinions and feedback. Promise to be respectful etc etc

this has been presented to you by : cannabis

cheers and happy holidays
Good post and topic. I saw that small edit there too. :)

This is a wonderful idea. While there's a time for sharing beliefs, in general our faith or spiritual connection should inspire our material life. It's not what you say, but what you DO.

I hope the wisdom within our traditional religions will be kept alive in the next ages. We have a tendency to romanticize the past but in this instance I feel the sacred disciplines of Hindu, Islam, Christian, Buddhist... all traditional religious teachings of the ancestors are important. This includes minor religions like Taoism or the spiritual path of Aboriginal/Indigenous nations. They represent thousands of years of cultivation and are a living thread to the modern day. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy New Age perspectives such as Ekhardt Tolle but his practice is still based on traditional knowledge.

The enlightened souls who established our religions were blessed with divine vision. They were lit with energy, connected to the source of all. In such a state of bliss and understanding, in awe of the infinitude and magnificence of creation, we are one with God. This is where faith, courage, and love grow- from knowing, not just believing.

Looking to the future, we should retain the best of the past. In a video that was shared recently, a brother is talking about seeking out mystical experience instead of outward religious observance. As he says, the religions were originally road-maps to guide the self toward gnosis. Either by fasting, isolation, chanting, prayer, self-sacrifice, the use of psychoactive substances, etc., with the intent to crash through the ego and into the ocean of universal consciousness. The key to heaven has been passed down already and many don't realize it.

DavidSon

Star
That was, if I may say so, one bloody brilliant and thought-provoking post. I am trying to decide whether the world is better off, improved, if God becomes anthropomorphized, with some of my better though imperfect traits, or if I should try to become theomorphized and become God-like. I don't know who and what cannabis is, exactly, although I could guess, but he asks some brilliant questions, so keep them coming.
Synchronicity haha! I commented on the same quotes without seeing yours. That's a whole other topic on it's own, "internet scychronicity". :D

Lisa

Superstar
Homosexuality and transgenderism has been around since the first persons walked the planet hundreds of thousands of years ago. It existed long before your idol (The Bible) has its earliest sections written and much longer than the form that it takes now that you worship.
How do you know that the earth is hundreds of thousands years old?
The Bible isn’t my idol but it is a book inspired by God and contains truth.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar

I'm confused.

Screenshot_2019-12-14 What are you listening to (1).png

Screenshot_2019-12-14 FKA twigs - holy terrain feat Future - YouTube(2).png

Screenshot_2019-12-14 FKA twigs - holy terrain feat Future - YouTube(1).png

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The enlightened souls who established our religions were blessed with divine vision. They were lit with energy, connected to the source of all. In such a state of bliss and understanding, in awe of the infinitude and magnificence of creation, we are one with God.
I was thinking about the “Heroes Journey” popularised by James Joyce in Ulysses (and later through many films including the Matrix Trilogy)

62B27732-B1E4-45EF-B6A2-5759280D6623.jpeg

I came across a refreshingly honest presentation of the meaning of Harry Potter, which is heavily influenced by Rosicrucianism.

I wonder if the “Monomyth” message of the ”Hero with a Thousand Faces“ by Joseph Campbell is that when we scratch the surface of “god”, we find our ”higher selves”. In essence, I think this is the spirituality that those who reject the Gospel often reach for.

As J.R.R. Tolkien noted, myths and legends can encourage people to awaken to the world of “beyond”, but the subtlety of the storytelling really comes in when WE become the hero of the story, not HIM. This is why the myth of apotheosis, “ye shall be as gods” is the oldest spiritual trick in the book.

In contrast to the notion of collective evolution and Christ Consciousness, the Bible sets out a stark truth and an extravagant promise...

The stark truth....

You are NOT the hero, HE is.

E0B801B9-3963-4E48-8393-BC3A27401F83.jpeg

The extravagant promise...

1 John 3

1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.”​

The broad way of apotheosis is more flattering to our ego than “Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!” We don’t need Apotheosis, in our sins we will never pull ourselves up by our boot laces. We need forgiveness and a restored relationship with the Father through Jesus.

Last edited:

MoDc

Established
How do you know that the earth is hundreds of thousands years old?
The Bible isn’t my idol but it is a book inspired by God and contains truth.
Science and world history, reason, logic and intuition.

The earth isn’t 6k years old and the belief that it is, is a damnable lie that discredits you and your religion.

MoDc

Established
That was, if I may say so, one bloody brilliant and thought-provoking post. I am trying to decide whether the world is better off, improved, if God becomes anthropomorphized, with some of my better though imperfect traits, or if I should try to become theomorphized and become God-like. I don't know who and what cannabis is, exactly, although I could guess, but he asks some brilliant questions, so keep them coming.
thanks for your response

All Gods are reflections of their cultures and people, which explains many of the similarities as people, from cultures as different as a remote African tribesman and the most “civilized” European tend to behave in the same ways.

The great pre-Socratic Greek philosopher and early monotheist Xenophanes put it better than I ever could

“But if cattle and horses or lions had hands, or were able to draw with their hands and do the work that men can do, horses would draw the forms of the gods like horses, and cattle like cattle, and they would make their bodies such as they each had themselves.”
Xenophanes

Edit: I had to add this quote from his dis-track on Homer

“Homer and Hesiod, have attributed to the gods all sorts of things that are matters of reproach and censure among men: theft, adultery, and mutual deception."

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Science and world history, reason, logic and intuition.

The earth isn’t 6k years old and the belief that it is, is a damnable lie that discredits you and your religion.
There is nothing that says the earth is that old..it is by faith you believe it’s that old not because there is actual evidence of it being that old. I think it’s interesting that for evolution to work the earth needs to be millions of years old....otherwise it can’t be right...hmmm? I would think that that would discredit evolution.

Did you know that they have a Hebrew conversion calendar? I think it’s fascinating that on that calendar it’s the year 5780.

MoDc

Established
There is nothing that says the earth is that old..it is by faith you believe it’s that old not because there is actual evidence of it being that old. I think it’s interesting that for evolution to work the earth needs to be millions of years old....otherwise it can’t be right...hmmm? I would think that that would discredit evolution.

Did you know that they have a Hebrew conversion calendar? I think it’s fascinating that on that calendar it’s the year 5780.
There is mountains of evidence for the age of the earth being old and for evolution, but it doesn’t even take that to know it’s the truth. You know it’s true inside of you, intuitively. You deceive yourself with fundamentalism.

“In this respect fundamentalism has demonic traits. It destroys the humble honesty of the search for truth, it splits the conscience of its thoughtful adherents, and it makes them fanatical because they are forced to suppress elements of truth of which they are dimly aware
Paul Tillich

As far as your calendar, so what? It’s a relatively accurate account of the age of Hebrew culture not the world itself, the Aborigines trace their culture back 75k years!

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
if she’s satanic then I’m all in ❤
Clearly you were aware that the artist you posted is satanic, yet you promote a world where personified anthropomorphic deities no longer exist.

So what I gather from all this is deception on your part. That what you are referring to is actually Gaia worship a.k.a. Luciferianism via the doctrine of Helena Blavatsky/Alice Bailey New Age Theosophy and the Age of Aquarius. Is this correct? Is this your world view?

Lisa

Superstar
There is mountains of evidence for the age of the earth being old and for evolution, but it doesn’t even take that to know it’s the truth. You know it’s true inside of you, intuitively. You deceive yourself with fundamentalism.

Paul Tillich

As far as your calendar, so what? It’s a relatively accurate account of the age of Hebrew culture not the world itself, the Aborigines trace their culture back 75k years!
No, I think that its false..trying to sell another option to God made everything. I think it takes as much faith to believe in all that then it does to believe in creation. Which proves the Bible right, where it says people believe what they want to believe and will find teachers to teach them what they want to hear...my paraphrase.

Considering the Jews are God’s chosen people...