Speakers Corner Debates

Lisa

Superstar
so when people commit violence and actions in the name of islam even though islam says that if anyone did these stuff he will no longer be a muslim
its still islam's fault?
Well then the world has awful lot of non muslims then....and what does islam say to do to apostate?

manama

Star
so if i pop a kid out of my vag and he grows up and shoots up a school out of no where

its islam's fault??

God!, you people need help

Lisa

Superstar
but those verses are being taken out of context by people who are using islam as an excuse for their cruel acts

is it still islam's fault?
Who's fault would it be when there's a lot of confused muslims out there? More confused muslims then not...so then it does make ya wonder if the official story is the right story, or if pure, true islam is indeed the cruel, violent stuff that many of the religions adherents are doing...

manama

Star
Who's fault would it be when there's a lot of confused muslims out there? More confused muslims then not...so then it does make ya wonder if the official story is the right story, or if pure, true islam is indeed the cruel, violent stuff that many of the religions adherents are doing...
i give up
you lack a brain

Lisa

Superstar
nothing
thats already been proved in the thread islam and apostasy
stop reviving debunked arguments
I don't believe that at all, there are too many stories about people who have apostatized and are in hiding for their lives for that.

mecca

Superstar
No one's confused.

Lisa

Superstar
i give up
you lack a brain
It would seem that you are the one who doesn't want to look at the other side? I don't lack a brain just because I have a different opinion, I hope you don't go through life thinking that about people who don't think like you do.

manama

Star
It would seem that you are the one who doesn't want to look at the other side? I don't lack a brain just because I have a different opinion, I hope you don't go through life thinking that about people who don't think like you do.
there is a difference between having an opinion and being a complete douche about it to other

Lisa

Superstar
if someone goes and cuts his kid's head off just because he read that God told Abraham to do that

does this make it Abraham's fault? or islam's or christianity's fault?
Well, was Abraham told to cut his son's head off? I think he was told to offer him as a sacrifice and right before he did that, God, said no don't do it...so if someone did that to their son, would it be according to the Bible then?

manama

Star
Well, was Abraham told to cut his son's head off? I think he was told to offer him as a sacrifice and right before he did that, God, said no don't do it...so if someone did that to their son, would it be according to the Bible then?
exactly the person took the first part out of context and did it even though God stopped Abraham.
its the person's fault for taking it out of context

why isn't the same for islam

Lisa

Superstar
there is a difference between having an opinion and being a complete douche about it to other
I haven't called you names or demanded proof from you for your opinion. I have been respectful that you have a different opinion than mine, I don't see where I have been a douche about anything. I see islam in a completely different way then you do and I think world events concur with my opinion.

manama

Star
I haven't called you names or demanded proof from you for your opinion. I have been respectful that you have a different opinion than mine, I don't see where I have been a douche about anything. I see islam in a completely different way then you do and I think world events concur with my opinion.
smh

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
But bible says a woman's head should be covered or else her hair should be shaved off.

Are you bald?
1 Corinthians 11:5-6 KJV
But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. [6] For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

This was told by Paul due to cultural issues in Corinth at the time. If I remember correctly, harlots and the like were shaving and wearing styles to flaunt their promiscuity. Hence it was disgraceful of the church women to do the same with their hair when they were married and portraying something they weren't.

This was an issue in the realm of being part of Egypt yet some not being separate. From my understanding, it was Paul's attempt to advise them in a way that wouldn't create contention but remedy the situation. It is optional to wear a covering and a woman may do what she pleased with her hair but in the specific case of Corinth it was to stop a specific behavior.