Speakers Corner Debates

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
Majorly.

Don't you study history? :D

The sword is how Christianity spread, and then they upgraded to GUNPOWDER - or was you ignorant of this too?

Scimi
par·tial·ly
ˈpärSHəlē/
adverb
  1. only in part; to a limited extent.
It wasn't how Christianity originally spread but the warmongering so on are relevant. I didn't deny this but it would be erroneous to factually say that it was the only way.

Lisa

Superstar
Just so she doesn't forget :D

Scimi
If you google Islam spread by the sword, you will find differing answers and some of them are that yes, Islam was spread by the sword....that's why I say google what is said, and people can do their own research and decide what they believe....I'm not going to argue the validity of websites though which is why I don't give my sources. Everyone will believe what they want to believe, even you, Scimi.

Lisa

Superstar
Perhaps it would be more helpful and conducive to these conversations if you told everyone what your sources are for your understanding of the history of Islam. What books have you read? Or what internet articles have you read? Did you read Wikipedia? Or did you read articles from Christian websites, which would clearly have an agenda?

I know that many scholars do believe Muhammad was a warmongerer and possibly a madman, personally I don't know enough myself to make a full judgment of Muhammad, though I can see where those opinions come from based on things I have read online about Muhammad and Islam.

That being said, I believe that all religions have been spread by one form of violence or another, as you already know, so what I would judge a religion by is their message and tenets, as well as their followers. You may say you are doing that, but it seems as though you are focusing only on the extremist outliers. While the extremists are the loudest, they are vastly outnumbered by the peaceful members of the religion who do believe it is a religion of peace and oneness with God.
Helpful how? So, we can all argue over the validity of the sites I used, or the books I read...no thank you. Google for yourself and see that there are websites out there saying what I am saying and then you can decide if you want to believe them or not, considering the situations happening in the world right now....

Who is extreme in islam? Is it extreme or is it pure islam? That is the question I think people really need to ask themselves. Do some research, and not just at approved islam sites, because they may not tell the truth. Because whatever muslims want to say...there is such a thing as taquiya, lying to non muslims in order to continue with islamic goals...which is world domination, really.

I personally, don't want to live in a world that is dominated by muslims or sharia law...don't want to have my freedoms taken from me and live in a tent prison for the rest of my life or see my children live that kind of life. But that is the end game of muslims. Not only do they try to convince people of islam's validity, they have massive amounts of children to drive their numbers up to overwhelm everyone else. You don't have to see it that way, but I do.

Catholicism tried to spread by the sword too....but they don't do that anymore, guess they didn't like the bad press? Anyway, true Christians don't spread that way. We just tell people the Good News and take the ensuing backlash as it comes our way. Knowing that we can only warn people and tell them the truth, we can't make anyone believe or force them, but we sure hope people will believe for their own salvation...I don't want to see anyone thrown in the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth for eternity....that's rough!

Well, people can deceive others especially if there is a greater plan in place...don't ya think?

manama

Star
Sahih Muslim (1:33) The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat.

Sahih Muslim (19:4294) - "When you meet your enemies who are polytheists (which includes Christians), invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withhold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them ... If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them.

Sahih Bukhari (8:387) - "Allah's Apostle said, 'I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah.'

Sahih Bukhari (53:392) - "While we were in the Mosque, the Prophet came out and said, "Let us go to the Jews" We went out till we reached Bait-ul-Midras. He said to them, "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. So, if anyone amongst you owns some property, he is permitted to sell it, otherwise you should know that the Earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle."

Sahih Bukhari (2:24) - "Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah."

Sahih Bukhari (60:80) - "The Verse:--'You (true Muslims) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind.' means, the best of peoples for the people, as you bring them with chains on their necks till they embrace Islam."

Sahih Bukhari (60:40) - "...:And fight them till there is no more affliction (i.e. no more worshiping of others along with Allah)."

Sahih Bukhari (59:643) - "Testify that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah, or else I will chop off your neck!"

RELIGION OF "PEACE"
IF you are going to quote anything quote it completely
the hadiths are talking about spiritual fight, not actual war
the second one imposes the importance of charity and if someone doesn't give charity even though he is able to do so, or tax similarly to how if someone doesn't pay taxes we send em to jail because they are breaking the law
The last hadith isn't talking about what prophet muhammad s.a.w said, but rather what the other man was saying.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO QUOTE SOMETHING, QUOTE IT COMPLETELY, NOT OUT OF CONTEXT

manama

Star
If you google Islam spread by the sword, you will find differing answers and some of them are that yes, Islam was spread by the sword....that's why I say google what is said, and people can do their own research and decide what they believe....I'm not going to argue the validity of websites though which is why I don't give my sources. Everyone will believe what they want to believe, even you, Scimi.
if you had studied history you wouldn't have been googling it lmao the claim "islam has been spread by sword" has been debunked so many times already, hanging to a fake thread is only making you look ignorant

manama

Star
Christians calling muslims oppressed for wearing hijab even though if a muslim woman doesn't wear hijab the sin or its punishment only lies in the afterlife.

However Bible says if a woman doesn't cover her hair, shave her hair off.
know your scriptures ppl

Lisa

Superstar
if you had studied history you wouldn't have been googling it lmao the claim "islam has been spread by sword" has been debunked so many times already, hanging to a fake thread is only making you look ignorant
One can always study history....

Debunked by islamic scholars maybe...but not others...others who look at things a whole lot differently then muslims do.

manama

Star
One can always study history....

Debunked by islamic scholars maybe...but not others...others who look at things a whole lot differently then muslims do.
nope in actual debates with scholars as well as atheists. Nobody thinks islam spread by sword if they know history

only those living in the previous centuries without any knowledge may think that

if you are right in your claim then prove it. Give me the instances sword was used to spread islam

Lisa

Superstar
nope in actual debates with scholars as well as atheists. Nobody thinks islam spread by sword if they know history

only those living in the previous centuries without any knowledge may think that

if you are right in your claim then prove it. Give me the instances sword was used to spread islam
Google it, go to websites you wouldn't normally go to and look at what they say about islam there....I'm not going to get into a debate on whether you think that the websites I go to are valid or not.

manama

Star
Google it, go to websites you wouldn't normally go to and look at what they say about islam there....I'm not going to get into a debate on whether you think that the websites I go to are valid or not.
i am not talking about websites, i don't care about your websites. What i want to see is "when" and "Where" was islam spread by sword?
i want to know YOUR opinion not some sites'. You can copy paste it if you want but i want to see the truth in that claim.

mecca

Superstar
Who is extreme in islam? Is it extreme or is it pure islam? That is the question I think people really need to ask themselves. Do some research, and not just at approved islam sites, because they may not tell the truth. Because whatever muslims want to say...there is such a thing as taquiya, lying to non muslims in order to continue with islamic goals...which is world domination, really.
What's your problem?