Speakers Corner Debates

Lisa

Superstar
Lol, say the two people here who believe God is a large man walking around in the clouds with anger problems who is capable of poor planning and jealousy and literally became one of us to fix a problem he created to begin with because of said-poor planning.

The Christian God is the most human-like anthropomorphic God around right now.
I don't believe that I said God is a large man walking around in the clouds with anger problems, poor planning and jealousy.

He created people and it was good, He let the people have free will and warned them if they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil what would happen...I think that's a lot different then what you're implying Loki. You are trying to make your opinion of God the reality, and its not.

Lisa

Superstar
But what if they don't feel that way? You're projecting your own feelings and ideals onto them. I'm sure not all of them would prefer to dress that way, but again, as manama has been trying to say, it's a cultural thing that I think everyone here would agree should be done away with.
If its just culture, then why won't the muslim men do away with it, since it's not in the quran? Since they say they respect women and all...

Lisa

Superstar
Well I guess I should prepare for weeping and gnashing of the teeth then.

Why don't you just go ahead and believe in your faith and let people be? Your adamance that Christianity is truth and your insistence to prove it shows me gaps in your own belief. If someone is sure their way is the truth they wouldn't need to dismantle rival religions to make theirs seem superior
Yes, you should, if you can, that's a long time....
I do believe in my faith and share it because that's what Jesus told me to do.

I don't dismantle your religion to prove that mine is superior, I tell you this so that you can leave a false religion, so that you won't have to go to the lake of fire...it has nothing to do with superiority.

Loki

Established
I don't believe that I said God is a large man walking around in the clouds with anger problems, poor planning and jealousy.

He created people and it was good, He let the people have free will and warned them if they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil what would happen...I think that's a lot different then what you're implying Loki. You are trying to make your opinion of God the reality, and its not.
I was exaggerating, but you do believe in the God of the Bible, and that god had temper issues, jealousy issues, and was not omniscient or if he was he was bad at it. Your version of God is far more based on human traits than mine, which is because it was crafted by humans to relate to humans.

Loki

Established
If its just culture, then why won't the muslim men do away with it, since it's not in the quran? Since they say they respect women and all...
Many do. Many men in the Middle East recently dressed up in women's coverings in order to support their wives, sisters, and mothers who are boycotting those articles of clothing, which I believe is their right. It's the government that is the problem over there, as well as the more elderly and conservative population who are against progress and change most of the time, which is very similar to how it works over here as well.

Lisa

Superstar
I was exaggerating, but you do believe in the God of the Bible, and that god had temper issues, jealousy issues, and was not omniscient or if he was he was bad at it. Your version of God is far more based on human traits than mine, which is because it was crafted by humans to relate to humans.
Yes, you were exaggerating and you certainly see God in a bad light there Loki. I don't know why you say He had temper issues, He is God and expects people to obey even though he gave them the free will to choose not to. I think of Cain, the one who murdered Abel and the kindness of God even to him. Where he put a mark on Cain that anyone who came across him would not kill him for killing Abel. You leave out the kindness of God.

I don't think considering the debate that the God of the Bible was crafted by humans to relate to humans...you guys don't seem to be able to relate to God at all.

Lisa

Superstar
Many do. Many men in the Middle East recently dressed up in women's coverings in order to support their wives, sisters, and mothers who are boycotting those articles of clothing, which I believe is their right. It's the government that is the problem over there, as well as the more elderly and conservative population who are against progress and change most of the time, which is very similar to how it works over here as well.
Where was this?

manama

Star
not to mention KSA is tyranny and others are dictatorship

speaking up is like inviting death

manama

Star
They stole christmas from winter solitice or the birthday of mithras who died for the sins of people *cough*
they stole easter from ishtar which is the celebration of goddess of sex and fertility or "cycle of life", turned it into jesus rising from dead *cough*

not sure where is the "true way" coming from.

Haich

Superstar
I tell you this so that you can leave a false religion, so that you won't have to go to the lake of fire...it has nothing to do with superiority.
The thing is your basis on claiming other religions are false are...baseless
I think if you just warned us of this lake of fire and didn't attack people calling their faiths false, people would probably take you more seriously.
You reject and deny any evidence people have given to prove your perception of Muslims killing and taking over is ridiculous and you won't accept it. So it shows me you either have an issue with Muslims or your version of Christianity teaches you to hate us

Lisa

Superstar
I just want to let everyone know, that I have to go to work soon, and that I won't be able to respond to anything else until tomorrow at the earliest...if anyone still has any questions for me that is...Have a good day :)

Loki

Established
Yes, you were exaggerating and you certainly see God in a bad light there Loki. I don't know why you say He had temper issues, He is God and expects people to obey even though he gave them the free will to choose not to. I think of Cain, the one who murdered Abel and the kindness of God even to him. Where he put a mark on Cain that anyone who came across him would not kill him for killing Abel. You leave out the kindness of God.

I don't think considering the debate that the God of the Bible was crafted by humans to relate to humans...you guys don't seem to be able to relate to God at all.
Fair enough, your God is kind as well as those other things. Kindness is still a human emotion, same as mercy and justice. It's mind-boggling to me how you can't see that we just took elements of ourselves and imprinted them onto God when we crafted stories about him. We did the same thing with all of the deities that came before your God, and yet you look at them as mythological beings and the Christian God as the real deal. It's so strange.

Loki

Established
Well the Romans did love their man-gods so it explains a lot why Christianity ended up the way it did in terms of their anthropomorphic god.
True. To be fair though, I'll revise my previous statement: "The Christian God is the most human-like anthropomorphic God around right now.... And Hindu's pantheon of gods as well."

Haich

Superstar
I really don't want to start a whole conversation about which God is the real God and why God split or is 3 different entities but the logical mind, void of any emotion, must wonder and question then conclude that it makes no sense...

Also why would God complicate everything ? Why not have that direct link with him why the emphasis on Jesus? Many nice guys like Abraham and Moses were before him you know
The Christian God sounds unapproachable to me...

Back to the point, it's pretty clear we're going to be going round in circles with a few people here. Muslims aren't taking over, turn off your TVs people...