"Soy Boys", "Toxic Masculinity" - what does it even mean to be a "Real Man"?

Corvus, let me tell you somehing about friendship.. A true friend that sees the need to criticize a friend, doesnt do it in front of enemies but in private because it can de degrading. I think you are aware of this.
If you think anyone here is your "enemy" you really need to step away from these forums for a bit. Since we're all on the same side.

To me being a man means to have honor; to have a guiding moral principle, to defend what's good, as most men inherently know it to be, to use their strength when needed but to do so with discernment, and perhaps most importantly, judiciously. To be a man means to defend those weaker than himself when needed, to protect what he holds dear, and to go forth into the darkness with courage and faith in the light.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
To me being a man means to have honor; to have a guiding moral principle, to defend what's good, as most men inherently know it to be, to use their strength when needed but to do so with discernment, and perhaps most importantly, judiciously. To be a man means to defend those weaker than himself when needed, to protect what he holds dear, and to go forth into the darkness with courage and faith in the light.
I agree with you. So how do you reconcile that excellent, personal definition of manhood with your support for this Screwball In Chief, Donny Tinyhands?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Donny Tinyhands?! Have I missed something or perhaps this expression hasn't made it across the Atlantic?!
Sabrina Figueroa is an artist who illustrated a Trump-inspired character based on Jimmy Dore's nickname for him, Donny Tinyhands. I believe its in reference to a backfired attempt from Cheetohead (my personal nickname for that blathering, blustering, banal bonehead) to tout his "manhood" lol
1541869556840.png

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Sabrina Figueroa is an artist who illustrated a Trump-inspired character based on Jimmy Dore's nickname for him, Donny Tinyhands. I believe its in reference to a backfired attempt from Cheetohead (my personal nickname for that blathering, blustering, banal bonehead) to tout his "manhood" lol
Ok! Did I tell you how I view Trump?

278857015_Judgeindependentactions.png

1915461320_ToAmerica.jpg

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
This is a shining example of modern manhood and masculinity imo, and it couldn't exist without the wisdom of the past......

irrationalNinja

Veteran
TED Talk - "There's something fundamentally broken about how we conceive of masculinity in our society."
"Positive masculinity" is the exact opposite and the removal of "toxic masculinity"... so that men can be open and express themselves healthily.
A quote @14:35 (from one sadly cucked NPC), sums up the entire TedTalk (included in his rationale on why removing “Boy” from Boy Scouts is “thrilling”):
Now as long as maleness seems to inflict so much violence upon women, it’s probably for the best that girls have a scouts of their own in which young women can safely be incubated.
Regressive identity politics at its highest level is inadequate to define masculinity.

Vixy

Star
My location in the world lends itself to being populated with more real men than maybe other areas. I don’t know for sure. My husband is, most of my friends’ husbands are, and we are raising our boys to be. Door-opening, brave, good manners, hard-working, yes ma’am, no sir, minimal gaming, minimal tv, land/ag work... We believe God made men to be men and that there is a distinction between men and women. We believe God made us for hard work as well. In other words, we are traditional.

I have 4 boys ranging from elementary to college. They are well-read, and I make sure they read books about real men so they have good role models: George Mueller, Bonhoeffer, Jim Elliott, Sargeant York, George Washington carver...way more than I could list. I have one daughter who can discern an unmanly boyman in a flash and wants zero to do with them.

We have absolutely no plans of changing course!! We have had goals and prayers for a very long time. :)
C-c-c-an I come live with you? I'm surrounded by soy boys! :'(