Somethings not right with the vegetables in the UK

Im currently trying to grow my own veg. Ive completely turned my garden in to veg and fruit garden. But until then I need to buy veg at the shop. Mainly because I have guinea pigs. Anyone who has ever seen or owned a guinea pig knows they are well pigs. They can eat for days and will continue to eat as long as you place it in front of them.

Recently though I've begun to notice something. They wont eat some of the veg. They will leave complete pieces of certain veg like lettuce or peppers. Sometimes they wont even go near it, they walk around it. Ive thrown so much away. Which just doesn't happen. There is barely any veg and fruit waste because things like carrot shavings go to the guinea pigs, yet I'm throwing so much away because they wont eat it.

Im starting to question whats being put in these vegetables we don't know about. Like following rats on a sinking ship or animals when the ocean resides. Something tells me to listen to what these pigs are telling me by their inaction

I get ill from some chemicals they spray on veggies here in the US. It's gotten much worse in the past 3 years. I now soak all veggies in baking soda water for 20 min after I buy them and before they go in the fridge. It takes enough of the stuff off so that I don't get sick from them any more. about a tablespoon per gallon is what I use.

Daze

Superstar
Probably gmo i assume? I drink coffee daily. When i was little I'd put a ton of sugar in it. Maybe 10ish years ago i switched to the pink packet sugar mainly because its much sweeter. 1 packet can easily replace 2, 3 tablespoons of sugar. Its not aspertame, but some kind of sugar knock off.

I noticed awhile back ants will completely avoid my coffee if it has this "fake" sugar. Which can be a problem in the summer.

I'm guessing you have a similar issue, its not "real" vegetables.

TonyVanDam

Established
Probably gmo i assume? I drink coffee daily. When i was little I'd put a ton of sugar in it. Maybe 10ish years ago i switched to the pink packet sugar mainly because its much sweeter. 1 packet can easily replace 2, 3 tablespoons of sugar. Its not aspertame, but some kind of sugar knock off.

I noticed awhile back ants will completely avoid my coffee if it has this "fake" sugar. Which can be a problem in the summer.

I'm guessing you have a similar issue, its not "real" vegetables.
You are talking about saccharin [AKA Sweet'n Low], one of the deadliest prepackage food ingredients on planet earth! And like all artificial sweeteners, it help increase a person's risk of either brain cancer, brain tumor, and/or a stroke in the long term.

Daze

Superstar
You are talking about saccharin [AKA Sweet'n Low], one of the deadliest prepackage food ingredients on planet earth! And like all artificial sweeteners, it help increase a person's risk of either brain cancer, brain tumor, and/or a stroke in the long term.
Yes, it is sweet and low. the pink packages. As i said above I've been using it for a long time. Seems like since at least 2005?
If it causes cancer and so on, God knows best. Only thing i know is I've used it for least a decade.

I've seen the videos on aspartame and what not.

Consider that we know the sugar industry has given the micro nutrient fat a bad rep for several decades. While sugar is the reason most people today are obese. I mean lots of money went into advertising that demonized fat itself. Such as low fat this and low fat that.. but did people get any thinner?

All I'm saying is perhaps the sugar industry spent alot of money into demonizing fake sugar? There are alot of examples of this, such as the cigarette industry trying to demonize the vaping industry and so on.

As I've said, personally I've used pink packets for many years and no tumors yet. Am i advocating for it? No, I'm just speaking from experience.

End of the day, the only harm that will ever reach you is what God has already written. My death was written at the beginning and nothing i can do will extend or extinguish my life by a second. This is a reality we all need to realize. Death is coming for all of us. No one is getting off of this rock alive.

Corvus Corax

Established
Im currently trying to grow my own veg. Ive completely turned my garden in to veg and fruit garden. But until then I need to buy veg at the shop. Mainly because I have guinea pigs. Anyone who has ever seen or owned a guinea pig knows they are well pigs. They can eat for days and will continue to eat as long as you place it in front of them.

Recently though I've begun to notice something. They wont eat some of the veg. They will leave complete pieces of certain veg like lettuce or peppers. Sometimes they wont even go near it, they walk around it. Ive thrown so much away. Which just doesn't happen. There is barely any veg and fruit waste because things like carrot shavings go to the guinea pigs, yet I'm throwing so much away because they wont eat it.

Im starting to question whats being put in these vegetables we don't know about. Like following rats on a sinking ship or animals when the ocean resides. Something tells me to listen to what these pigs are telling me by their inaction
Mince beef from the local supermarket. Sealed plastic trays.
It is bright red in the box, but it turns grey and smelly less than a day after opening. The dog often refuses it. The dog refuses raw meat that was purchased yesterday.
it is not right.

Daze

Superstar
Mince beef from the local supermarket. Sealed plastic trays.
It is bright red in the box, but it turns grey and smelly less than a day after opening. The dog often refuses it. The dog refuses raw meat that was purchased yesterday.
it is not right.
You can't tell how old meat is at the market, they often add carbon monoxide (think this was it) that keeps the meat red. Once you open the package it all escapes.

You can find better quality of meat if you look for halal products. Its more expensive, but its better then the garbage you find at the big box stores.

Corvus Corax

Established
You can't tell how old meat is at the market, they often add carbon monoxide (think this was it) that keeps the meat red. Once you open the package it all escapes.

You can find better quality of meat if you look for halal products. Its more expensive, but its better then the garbage you find at the big box stores.
I have heard of meat being packed with gas. That must be what is happening.
Thank you for the advice to try other sources for my food. Thank you too for suggesting halal meat. It is not a source I would have thought of by myself. Iam super unhappy about the supermarket quality, and when a dog will not eat it there is something very wrong.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
guinea pigs are rodents... they eat drier food as to degrade their rodent teeth, I think that's why they ignore some of the softer vegs

A Freeman

Superstar
Yes, it is sweet and low. the pink packages. As i said above I've been using it for a long time. Seems like since at least 2005?
If it causes cancer and so on, God knows best. Only thing i know is I've used it for least a decade.

I've seen the videos on aspartame and what not.

Consider that we know the sugar industry has given the micro nutrient fat a bad rep for several decades. While sugar is the reason most people today are obese. I mean lots of money went into advertising that demonized fat itself. Such as low fat this and low fat that.. but did people get any thinner?

All I'm saying is perhaps the sugar industry spent alot of money into demonizing fake sugar? There are alot of examples of this, such as the cigarette industry trying to demonize the vaping industry and so on.

As I've said, personally I've used pink packets for many years and no tumors yet. Am i advocating for it? No, I'm just speaking from experience.

End of the day, the only harm that will ever reach you is what God has already written. My death was written at the beginning and nothing i can do will extend or extinguish my life by a second. This is a reality we all need to realize. Death is coming for all of us. No one is getting off of this rock alive.
God made natural sugar.

Humans make synthetic (fake) sweeteners.

It should be self-evident which one is healthy and which one is poisonous. ALL man-made sweeteners/chemicals are poisonous to the human body. God sent @TonyVanDam to help you see this @Daze, just as God sent you to help @Corvus Corax with the suggestion to look into halal butchers and shops.

Forget about what you (mistakenly) believe you know and what you've been (wrongly) doing for at least a decade, and listen to what our Creator is telling you, for your benefit.

Corvus Corax

Established
There have been food recalls - salmonella in kinder eggs - cooked chicken, food is not good now. Cannot trust shops or manufacturers

Daze

Superstar
There have been food recalls - salmonella in kinder eggs - cooked chicken, food is not good now. Cannot trust shops or manufacturers
Can't really trust the narratives either. They have somewhat recently killed millions of chickens in the US for bird flu. I don't doubt they killed them. Just the rest of their narrative is questionable.

Seems people like Bill Gates think they can get total control if they alone distribute food through some kind of digital id. They are trying to set up this system now in places like Iran if memory serves.

What about those who refuse the control they introduce? Man can not last long without food. I think they are really poking the bear here. It won't be total submission, it will be total anarchy. In about a year this world can be a very different place.

Corvus Corax

Established
Can't really trust the narratives either. They have somewhat recently killed millions of chickens in the US for bird flu. I don't doubt they killed them. Just the rest of their narrative is questionable.

Seems people like Bill Gates think they can get total control if they alone distribute food through some kind of digital id. They are trying to set up this system now in places like Iran if memory serves.

What about those who refuse the control they introduce? Man can not last long without food. I think they are really poking the bear here. It won't be total submission, it will be total anarchy. In about a year this world can be a very different place.
You make good points. The narratives seem to engender fear. Make reliance on store food then create distrust in the safety of this thing we need

Would like to get away - off grid - grow my own food, or get from local growers. not be reliant on factory food chain. Eat as nature intended

Britain is full of sheep but shops sell lamb from new Zealand. Not right
Ships filled with dead sheep sent round world to be sold.

polymoog

Superstar
ive got a few. although i bought pellet food for them, i rarely use it. usually, i cut local grasses for them and they like it a lot. theres only one grass they refuse to eat, but horses avoid it too-- its supposed to be too bitter for them. ive thrown in green banana peels and banana stems/stalks, and they like that a lot as well. there are a few succulent vines they relish as well.
the point is, if you have access to grassy fields (and have the time), youve got a great supply of free food for them.