Some ways to prevent the flu are:

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I completely agree. Sugar and processed foods are killing people slowly. My dad eats that stuff all the time and feels bad all the time. When you stop eating sugar, you get your life back. My skin is great most of the time, have lost 42 lbs, and have more energy overall. It's just not worth it to eat it.
People like that need a mindset makeover. I was on the same boat but I saw how bad and unhealthy I felt after eating all these sweets so I started viewing sugar as my enemy and now I'm so much healthier and happier. Say no to excess sugar and no to processed foods.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I absolutely agree. Of course, we all can do sports, lead a healthy lifestyle, spend enough time on a fresh air and sleep at least 8 hours per day, but sometimes viruses are stronger than our immune system. I use vitamins and supplements (in case you worry about side effects, it is possible to find out the info about them online, I use a canadian pharmacy website for this purpose). I should say, I've found several good suggestions here. So, thanks for sharing your experience, guys!
Thank you for sharing yours :) You're right about the viruses being stronger, there's wayyyy more toxins, stress, electromagnetic radiation than ever before and those things really pack a punch to our immune system. I'm glad you've found helpful things here :)

Maes17

Superstar
My immune system has been freakishly amazing this year. I dropped all alcohol & soda. Occasional juices. Prefer acai or cranberry.

I think the biggest factor is having peace of mind. The body can will itself with a strong mind and if the body is healthy. You'll be surprised.

Best health and wishes to everyone. If you're sick. Rest. Hydrate. Replace salts and restore elecrolytes as well.

Take the time to study hormones and how to stay balanced. Love yinz all no homo

Maes17

Superstar
I completely agree. Sugar and processed foods are killing people slowly. My dad eats that stuff all the time and feels bad all the time. When you stop eating sugar, you get your life back. My skin is great most of the time, have lost 42 lbs, and have more energy overall. It's just not worth it to eat it.
My skin gets horrible in the winter. I finally look sexy again with the weather warming up. Stupid eczema

Dalit

Star
My skin gets horrible in the winter. I finally look sexy again with the weather warming up. Stupid eczema
Well, have been using Clinque's Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion. Try it. Seriously. It doesn't have a girly fragrance or fragrance at all. Truth be told, I hate fragrances. I think people should just smell clean, like they showered or bathed, and not wear perfume or cologne. Strong smells bother me. Don't know when that started, but am sensitive to smell.

https://www.clinique.com/product/1574/26651/3-step/step-3-moisturize/dramatically-different-moisturizing-lotion

But I also meant that I don't breakout hardly at all. Even adults can still have breakouts and acne. I have the skin I always wanted in my preteen years. :)

FlixKandish

Rookie
A good way to prevent getting is sick to a diet rich in nutrients and antioxidants.

And if ya do get sick, try the No Sick Tea method.

*No Sick Tea*

1 Lime, all the juice
1 Cinnamon stick
Generous amt honey
Cup of water

Boil the water then remove from heat, combine all ingredients and stir. Drink 3X a day for 3 days at first notice of symptoms.

This is an excellent cold remedy and a great way to stave off progression of an illness. :)

A good way to prevent getting is sick to a diet rich in nutrients and antioxidants.

And if ya do get sick, try the No Sick Tea method.

*No Sick Tea*

1 Lime, all the juice
1 Cinnamon stick
Generous amt honey
Cup of water

Boil the water then remove from heat, combine all ingredients and stir. Drink 3X a day for 3 days at first notice of symptoms.

This is an excellent cold remedy and a great way to stave off progression of an illness. :)
Theres a name you dont see everyday :)

Maes17

Superstar
Well, have been using Clinque's Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion. Try it. Seriously. It doesn't have a girly fragrance or fragrance at all. Truth be told, I hate fragrances. I think people should just smell clean, like they showered or bathed, and not wear perfume or cologne. Strong smells bother me. Don't know when that started, but am sensitive to smell.

https://www.clinique.com/product/1574/26651/3-step/step-3-moisturize/dramatically-different-moisturizing-lotion

But I also meant that I don't breakout hardly at all. Even adults can still have breakouts and acne. I have the skin I always wanted in my preteen years. :)
I use the aveeno eczema therapy. Has really helped out my hands and arms. Not too concerned about my face. I don't get acne breakouts. My hands and arms get really bad during winter months though. What made my hands even worse was when I got in a fight, the cuts on my hands got deeper. I don't care much for an abundance of cologne either. The adidas cologne my wife gets me has a nice fragrance though.

Everything is going right again though

Dalit

Star
I use the aveeno eczema therapy. Has really helped out my hands and arms. Not too concerned about my face. I don't get acne breakouts. My hands and arms get really bad during winter months though. What made my hands even worse was when I got in a fight, the cuts on my hands got deeper. I don't care much for an abundance of cologne either. The adidas cologne my wife gets me has a nice fragrance though.

Everything is going right again though
Good. Glad you're feeling better. :)

I simply stock up on regular pills that most of us use. Just don't do it a local drug store. Tired of spending hundreds on meds. I've been thinking lately why is it so that specifically in this country we spend times more than in the rest of civilized world. Is it insurance companies? Is the whole system rigged? I don't know. Why do canucks provide for us better prices including shipping than our local drug stores? Canadian Pharmacy has managed to beat us in this industry, that is my opinion. So be it. For the past 3.5 years been doing it online and don't regret it.

ed_ten_72

I simply stock up on regular pills that most of us use. Just don't do it a local drug store. Tired of spending hundreds on meds. I've been thinking lately why is it so that specifically in this country we spend times more than in the rest of civilized world. Is it insurance companies? Is the whole system rigged? I don't know. Why do canucks provide for us better prices including shipping than our local drug stores? Canadian Pharmacy has managed to beat us in this industry, that is my opinion. So be it. For the past 3.5 years been doing it online and don't regret it.
Been thinking for quite a while about buying pills online from abroad. Are there any issues along the way? I mean, what about customs office, prescription drugs? I think there's a chance to get in trouble over this? Do you have any experience with that? I'd like to address this question to everybody who's reading this thread. Thanks for your feedback.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I take 50mg zinc, 1000mg Vit C, 10,000iu Vit D3 daily. When its flu season I take a up to 5000mg of Vit C. a day for a few days.

Edit - 1000iu of Vit.D3 not 10,000 however I may take 2-3000iu if I am feeling rundown.

Last edited:

manama

Star
Canada has healthcare, US does not.

Maes17

Superstar
Yeah, had a sugary beverage yesterday and feel bleh today.

Axl888

Established
Well, I can say flu vaccine works for me...for the last 2 years I got my flu vaccines since I work abroad (in east asia, Bangladesh in particular) and I did not get any serious flu for the last 2 years, maybe just colds and occasional coughing or sore throat.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I'm sorry to hear that Maes I had psoriasis and I used to dread winter, it would crack my skin open and it was painful :-( also hot dry weather would wreak havoc.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Well, I can say flu vaccine works for me...for the last 2 years I got my flu vaccines since I work abroad (in east asia, Bangladesh in particular) and I did not get any serious flu for the last 2 years, maybe just colds and occasional coughing or sore throat.
I had the flu shot many years ago and that same winter I got the flu but if it works for you it's good you don't get the flu. An ounce of prevention is worth an ounce of cure. Also if I happen to get the flu chicken soup, vit c and rest help me get all well.

Maes17

Superstar
I'm sorry to hear that Maes I had psoriasis and I used to dread winter, it would crack my skin open and it was painful :-( also hot dry weather would wreak havoc.
Hasn’t been too severe of late. Last winter was mild. Given I work and have to work with cleaning chemicals, I think my hands dry out with that.