SOCIETY HAS FINALLY LOST IT'S MARBLES!!

Awoken2

Superstar
I don't really know how to start with this one but here goes...

So I'm flicking through the tv channels perusing the usual Sunday afternoon dross when I come across this.

After watching these choreographed underpanted hero's and villans going through their moves for a few minutes my attention was then averted to the audience.

It appears that the crowd observing this production are acting in such a way that they seem to think they are watching some type of genuine sporting contest. I noticed how animated they all were and how their collective fervour was generating an atmosphere of there being a contest on as opposed to a show, which it most patently is.

So my question is are these 300 odd spectators thinking they are watching something genuine or are they all in on the production and are all "acting" like genuine sports fans to create a bigger illusary spectacle?

When I saw this it took me back about over 40 years when wrestling was prime time viewing on a Saturday afternoon.... I never quite bought into it then...and I was only about 5 years old.

.. .and for those of you who may be quite partial to watching oiled up pantomime artists performing comic book style fights whilst dressed in tiny undies here...enjoy

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
Almost every fine of wrestling that I've spoke to 100% knows that the whole ordeal is scripted and fate. It's the spectacle that's entertaining.
So that kind of answers my question, it's not just the oily dancers acting but also the crowd too.

To me it appears to be s form of mass mind control, a whole arena of people putting on a show.

Thanks for answering, at least I don't have to suffer the humiliation of being responsible for a tumbleweed thread.

polymoog

Superstar
Almost every fine of wrestling that I've spoke to 100% knows that the whole ordeal is scripted and fate. It's the spectacle that's entertaining.
agreed-- everyone with a half a brain knows its fake. so figure... 80% of the audience thinks its real.

all of this new stuff is so poor compared to the old stuff.

Awoken2

Superstar
I just struggle with the concept that watching roided up men and women pretending to hurt each other can be classed as entertainment.

I mean how many.parts of your brain do you have to shut down before you can be in such a anaethsatised mental state where you lose yourself in some weird fantasy world like that?

It confuses the shit outta me!

Well, while I haven't watched any pro-wrestling in a couple of years I used to be big on Lucha Underground and was getting into New Japan Pro Wrestling and it was the athleticism of the matches. While it was obviously choreographed, the act was energetic and even though you knew it was fake, you could respect the physical talent of the performers.

And it's about just turning your brain off for a little bit. Not everything has to be serious all the time.

Futility

Established
I just struggle with the concept that watching roided up men and women pretending to hurt each other can be classed as entertainment.

I mean how many.parts of your brain do you have to shut down before you can be in such a anaethsatised mental state where you lose yourself in some weird fantasy world like that?

It confuses the shit outta me!

I agree but what really disturbs me is things like UFC. It reminds me of shit the Romans used to do.

Maes17

Superstar
I agree but what really disturbs me is things like UFC. It reminds me of shit the Romans used to do.
Most contact sports are roman gladiator like. Boxing and ufc are the worst imo. However I do enjoy boxing, it's big here in Albuquerque and two of my friends fight amateur/pro. It's a passion for them.

As for me. I'm slowly phasing away from nfl/ncaa football. I was a big Steelers fan growing up, played the sport in high school and had an appreciation for the athletes that really played the game for passion than a pay check. The nfl is a lot like wrestling now with new rules and just no longer a past time that distracts me.

Another sport I played was ice hockey.
My hobby away from work, I go ice skating every weekend. The sport taught me a lot of life lessons, especially cause we had to fundraise and work hard for our equipment. But the friendships and close knit locker room was something that kept me interested even as I moved on. Obviously a Penguins fan.
But I'll admit, sports are a distraction. Not something I give up just because, but I'm not crazy fanatical as the die hards

Awoken2

Superstar
Let me take you all back 40 odd years to my youth. This spectacle was a good example of prime time ",sport" broadcast by the BBC every Saturday afternoon.

*Warning* The following video contains scenes of two grotesquely obese sweaty men bouncing off one another culminating in a gruesome savage battle of attrition by two finely tuned but heavily disguised athletes.

....brace yourselves...

Aero

Superstar
UFC was sweet in the early years. Because it was actually mixed martial arts. Now what they do is more like its own martial art. What I mean is they have had so much time to study all the moves and counter moves. Every fighter is now trained to be an amazing boxer with ground skills. And if they can throw a mean kick that's a big bonus.

I've watched Judo masters fight against Jui Jitsu masters. And it was like a fucking war. I mean I was shook. But you can't see that anymore in the mainstream American crap they call combat.

Awoken2

Superstar

45th president of the United States.
I think he makes a better wrestler than President....much more convincing

Doesn't this really epitomize the whacky paradigm we now find ourselves in?

If by now people don't get concerned that The Simpsons has more factual content than the news then all I can say is they deserve what's coming to them/us.

DesertRose

Superstar
What about the ex-staffer on Big brother and the Apprentice
Trump's swamp of thieves, torturing terrorists and backstabbers always has me astounded;):D
Each one more heinous and atrocious than the other.
The 'white house' is like a twilight zone for the practitioners of the Machiavellian dark arts.

Wait Trump likes her here:.

Then she stabs him in the back. Big surprise.

Now he doesn't like her and she is not the only one.......these relationship breakdowns always seem to follow the Man.

You can not make this stuff up:rolleyes:.
They will most probably throw her in jail for taping the admin in the sensitive rooms such as the situation room. smh.

Last edited: