SOCIETY HAS FINALLY LOST IT'S MARBLES!!

Awoken2

Superstar
What about the ex-staffer on Big brother and the Apprentice
Trump's swamp of thieves, torturing terrorists and backstabbers always has me astounded;):D
Each one more heinous and atrocious than the other.
The 'white house' is like a twilight zone for the practitioners of the Machiavellian dark arts.

Wait Trump likes her here:.

Then she stabs him in the back. Big surprise.

Now he doesn't like her and she is not the only one.......these relationship breakdowns always seem to follow the Man.

You can not make this stuff up:rolleyes:.
They will most probably throw her in jail for taping the admin in the sensitive rooms such as the situation room. smh.
....fickle?...who?...me?....nooooo!!!

Futility

Established
What about the ex-staffer on Big brother and the Apprentice
Trump's swamp of thieves, torturing terrorists and backstabbers always has me astounded;):D
Each one more heinous and atrocious than the other.
The 'white house' is like a twilight zone for the practitioners of the Machiavellian dark arts.

Wait Trump likes her here:.

Then she stabs him in the back. Big surprise.

Now he doesn't like her and she is not the only one.......these relationship breakdowns always seem to follow the Man.

You can not make this stuff up:rolleyes:.
They will most probably throw her in jail for taping the admin in the sensitive rooms such as the situation room. smh.
Reality Show Presidency

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
This is a subject I am intimately familiar with.
Professional wrestling as we now know it was founded on a hybrid of, primarily English among many other, grappling systems such as Cumberland and Lancashire wrestling along with traditional, competitive wrestling styles (Greco-Roman, collegiate and etc.) and various other grappling disciplines (Judo, Jujitsu and etc.). This hybrid form of grappling combat then morphed into modern-day Catch As Catch Can (or CACC) wrestling. Many of the techniques were far to dangerous to be allowed in amateur competition so "Professional" wrestling was born in order to allow the very best to compete against each other via a prizefight in a contest where these methods would be acceptable.

Over time, the "Gold Dust Trio" organized a combine, vacuuming up much of the top talent and organizing them into "worked" (pre-planned matches, angles and feuds where the athletes "work" together to "get over" a predetermined outcome) performances. These performances became wildly popular under the GDT's banner of "Western Slam Bang Wrestling". As the years progressed, the requirements of actual wrestling ability and acumen took a backseat to personality, ability to communicate w/the audience, physique and other, generally aesthetic considerations.

The last era of legit "wrestling" and "shooting" (a "shoot" is a real fight where one or both athletes "shoot" on each other with the intention of throwing the predetermined outcome off and engaging in actual combat) in the US was the 1980s. There were still plenty of classically trained (as well as just natural tough guys and gals) professional wrestlers and they comported themselves as such. Now, for the most part, you have to travel to Mexico, Japan and some European locations to find professional wrestlers that can still wrestle and fight.

The "WWE" as it is now known is a notorious bastion of drugs, immorality and athlete abuse....... which the "conservative" McMahon family pushes at top speed on their disgusting weekly televised programs. They in tight w/Trump, thats all we should need to know......

Awoken2

Superstar
Thanks Tempest for that concise history of wrestling. So what appears to have started off as a serious sport has subsequently descended to some type of synchronized violent pantomime?

The aspect which bemuses me though is the audiences interaction. In the UK at the moment the audiences are probably only 200 or 300 strong but the video posted from the states shows an entire stadium full of fans all seemingly engrossed in the battle/dance in the ring. There's thousands there, all caught up in the atmosphere, and this is what puzzles me.

Are all those thousands of fans all participating in one giant theatrical performance for the tv cameras or are they under the impression that a genuine sporting event is taking place in front of them hence them acting accordingly.

If the answer is the former then this must be considered some form of mind control surely as all are participating in the same performance.

If it's the latter then it must be safe to assume that common sense is becoming less and less common.

As I already mentioned, almost everyone watching knows it isn't real. It isn't mind control. It isn't them being in on the act... It's just people, for however long the show is, letting go and just having fun watching a show and pretending its real while it's happening.

When watch a movie, do you keep telling yourself that it isn't real? Do you do the with books? I mean, that sounds like an awfully boring way to consume media.

Awoken2

Superstar
When watch a movie, do you keep telling yourself that it isn't real? Do you do the with books? I mean, that sounds like an awfully boring way to consume media.
No not at all, when I watch a movie I know I'm watching a movie, I will follow the story line and the plot like anybody else. At no point during that movie do I have to pretend I'm watching something else....that's the point I'm trying to make that's all.

Maes17

Superstar
As I already mentioned, almost everyone watching knows it isn't real. It isn't mind control. It isn't them being in on the act... It's just people, for however long the show is, letting go and just having fun watching a show and pretending its real while it's happening.

Good point

Awoken2

Superstar
? I mean, that sounds like an awfully boring way to consume media
I stopped consuming media shorty after 9/11 when I came to the sobering realisation the media I was consuming was a crock of shit.

Unfortunately since then I've been unable to disengage large parts of my Cerebrum to "enjoy" anything.

I guess that makes me a little odd eh?

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Thanks Tempest for that concise history of wrestling. So what appears to have started off as a serious sport has subsequently descended to some type of synchronized violent pantomime?

The aspect which bemuses me though is the audiences interaction. In the UK at the moment the audiences are probably only 200 or 300 strong but the video posted from the states shows an entire stadium full of fans all seemingly engrossed in the battle/dance in the ring. There's thousands there, all caught up in the atmosphere, and this is what puzzles me.

Are all those thousands of fans all participating in one giant theatrical performance for the tv cameras or are they under the impression that a genuine sporting event is taking place in front of them hence them acting accordingly.

If the answer is the former then this must be considered some form of mind control surely as all are participating in the same performance.

If it's the latter then it must be safe to assume that common sense is becoming less and less common.
Yes, Professional Wrestling was at one point the pinnacle of combat sports in specific and, along with horse racing & Boxing, the apex of American sporting endeavors. Now its a cross between athletic performance art (when done right) and soap operas lol

Awoken2

Superstar
Well that was one of the best matches ever made...too tight to call really...it could have gone either way....The bigger guy just shaded it for me.

And as far as the stadium full of whooping, spitoon filling, pop corn munching 'merican "fight fans" are concerned....you make the Romans look cultured.

Bacsi

Star
I don't really know how to start with this one but here goes...

So I'm flicking through the tv channels perusing the usual Sunday afternoon dross when I come across this.

After watching these choreographed underpanted hero's and villans going through their moves for a few minutes my attention was then averted to the audience.

It appears that the crowd observing this production are acting in such a way that they seem to think they are watching some type of genuine sporting contest. I noticed how animated they all were and how their collective fervour was generating an atmosphere of there being a contest on as opposed to a show, which it most patently is.

So my question is are these 300 odd spectators thinking they are watching something genuine or are they all in on the production and are all "acting" like genuine sports fans to create a bigger illusary spectacle?

When I saw this it took me back about over 40 years when wrestling was prime time viewing on a Saturday afternoon.... I never quite bought into it then...and I was only about 5 years old.

.. .and for those of you who may be quite partial to watching oiled up pantomime artists performing comic book style fights whilst dressed in tiny undies here...enjoy

Fake fights. I think these "fighters" are a certain type of clowns.

Awoken2

Superstar
But the most troubling aspect of this for me is that the crowd aren't laughing as they would do if they were watching actual clowns, they are acting in a way like they are watching a sporting event, which it most certainly isn't. So the reaction isn't matching the actual scenario.

This must mean that the crowd are either pretending they are watching some type of contest and are acting out as such a crowd would who were at a sporting contest which would in my perception be seen as mind control.

The producers and the oily dancers and the completely over the top commentator have created an environment that allows let's say 40,000 people to be a part of this ridiculous circus.

Orrrrrrr....

They think they are actually watching a fight which means, in clinical terms....the wheel is still turning...but the hamster's are dead.

Bacsi

Star
But the most troubling aspect of this for me is that the crowd aren't laughing as they would do if they were watching actual clowns, they are acting in a way like they are watching a sporting event, which it most certainly isn't. So the reaction isn't matching the actual scenario.

This must mean that the crowd are either pretending they are watching some type of contest and are acting out as such a crowd would who were at a sporting contest which would in my perception be seen as mind control.

The producers and the oily dancers and the completely over the top commentator have created an environment that allows let's say 40,000 people to be a part of this ridiculous circus.

Orrrrrrr....

They think they are actually watching a fight which means, in clinical terms....the wheel is still turning...but the hamster's are dead.
Hahahaha I agree. Cuckoo.

I can't pay money to watch even a genuine sporting event. I find the idea rudiculous. Strangers adults playing. I prefer to play smth myself or to watch my kids. That's a game! Loads of most sincere fun. Absolutely free, too

I used to go to circus, but now I dont. Overworked underpaid people endangering their lives and tortured imprisoned animals... No fun.

Awoken2

Superstar
So I've been pondering over this issue...I'm a right ponderer me....

... because it does appear that these wrestling circus characters have seemingly attained hero status amongst their fans, which appear to number the many thousands looking at the arena's they are filling.

Now I think it would be safe to assume that these wrestling fans have each their own favourite "fighters" who they go to support as this is displayed clearly at the performance by observing the collective fervour.

So I'm trying to reconcile the notion of how somebody can hold this type of character up as some type of sporting hero.

So I decided to look at what charachteristics are required for somebody to become an all 'miricin hero. What's the blue print? What defines being a sporting hero?

Well over my generation I think probably the best example of this portrayed in movies it has to be this guy....

One of the biggest hits at the box office, grossing hundreds of millions of dollars it's impact on society was more than subtle, you couldn't walk away from a fight victoriously by the end of the 70's without somebody making a flippant Rocky comment.

But when you look at the character itself, it appears to be slightly flawed.

All those early morning runs, all those punched pigs, the speed skipping, the countless push ups, the pain, the medicine balls, the heavy bags and all those gut sapping town hall steps is a price this guy has to endure to become the best he can possibly be...

...now with his pugilistic skills finely honed he steps into the ring...So far so good...

...but for some very strange reason, unbeknownst to me, and probably every other boxing fan on the planet Rocky Balboa then decides that his very best form of defence would be his very own face.....hmmm?

So Rocky now implements the tactic of wearing his opponent out by letting them pummel his face to the point where his facial injuries resemble somebody just pulled from a road traffic accident. The referee somehow oblivious to the subtle signs of a partially smashed cranium allowing it to continue...(both eyes shut, boxer not resembling himself at all from round 1, etc)

Fortunately Balboa still retains the medical knowledge to understand that his over swollen face is reducing his general vision and was unable to actually see his opponent so knocking him out was proving troublesome so asks his sadistic corner man to slice his face open to reduce a bit of pressure...which he duly does...

This vital emergency medical procedure proves to be the pivotal point of the fight as it allows Rocky to see again and hence slay his opponent in one last lung busting spurt of masculinity.

I do remember walking away from the Cinema after watching the original, I was 8 years old...all my friends were saying "wow what a fighter" but I was thinking "wow what an idiot!"

Maybe it's just me I dunno.

But the message of the film is kind of a macabre analogy of life.

Work your bollocks off all your life, stay on that treadmill, every step of the way we will be smashing you in the face. And if you do actually manage to make it your brain will be that mashed you can't enjoy the benefits anyway.

So taking that into account I have now pondered enough on the mentality of your average wrestling fan.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
Hmm, you're right. Theyre sitting still and looking concentrated is if they were watching a seminar about curing cancer. And NO reactions, NO life. Nah man, I'd say they're cut in there to make it seeem like its not in a studio.. or animated or whatever its called.

Vixy

Star
Hahahaha I agree. Cuckoo.

I can't pay money to watch even a genuine sporting event. I find the idea rudiculous. Strangers adults playing. I prefer to play smth myself or to watch my kids. That's a game! Loads of most sincere fun. Absolutely free, too

I used to go to circus, but now I dont. Overworked underpaid people endangering their lives and tortured imprisoned animals... No fun.
Hehe, really, Bacsi? :cool: