SOCIETY, CULTURE, and POLITICS: Press Freedom, Journalism, Mass Media, Social Media...

e-Enoch

Superstar
"America and Europe Caught Intimidating Africa...to Accept LGBTQ..."

clambot

Veteran
I worked in SF for a few months, back in 2006 or maybe it was 2008 ... and even then I could see the collapse in progress. I have fond memories of the "Dirty Thirty" bus route, which I used to traverse my way from the motel to my office. That's where I picked up a bit of Chinese (the 30 line crossed the city through Chinatown). One day, the driver refused a little old China Granny because she was carrying a live chicken. "NO CHICKEN, LADY, NO PETS!" he yelled at her. She did not blink an eye, just WHANGO and slammed that chicken against the bus door. Instant dead chicken. Then she got on and sat down beside me, dead chicken and all. Good times.

e-Enoch

Superstar
I worked in SF for a few months, back in 2006 or maybe it was 2008 ... and even then I could see the collapse in progress. I have fond memories of the "Dirty Thirty" bus route, which I used to traverse my way from the motel to my office. That's where I picked up a bit of Chinese (the 30 line crossed the city through Chinatown). One day, the driver refused a little old China Granny because she was carrying a live chicken. "NO CHICKEN, LADY, NO PETS!" he yelled at her. She did not blink an eye, just WHANGO and slammed that chicken against the bus door. Instant dead chicken. Then she got on and sat down beside me, dead chicken and all. Good times.
Interesting experience! Haha! It's really hard and sad to believe what's been happening to SF...and the entire Cali for that matter...

clambot

Veteran
I suppose so ... yes, those months were interesting indeed. I thought that Chinese Granny was going to Kung Fu me when I reached under the seat to shift one of her packages that had nudged up against me, but she only glared and hissed when I backed off. The SF school that I worked at went belly-up only this year ... which was sad to learn. Other odd experiences while there were meeting a patched Hell's Angel, the motel clerk with a full pompadore hairdo, the gay SadoMasochist "strip" joint that was across the street from one of my motels, and the local Italian deli where I purchased nightly victuals -- usually a stromboli and a six pack. The good ol' days.

e-Enoch

Superstar
I suppose so ... yes, those months were interesting indeed. I thought that Chinese Granny was going to Kung Fu me when I reached under the seat to shift one of her packages that had nudged up against me, but she only glared and hissed when I backed off. The SF school that I worked at went belly-up only this year ... which was sad to learn. Other odd experiences while there were meeting a patched Hell's Angel, the motel clerk with a full pompadore hairdo, the gay SadoMasochist "strip" joint that was across the street from one of my motels, and the local Italian deli where I purchased nightly victuals -- usually a stromboli and a six pack. The good ol' days.
Oh, fond memories...and those "street scenes" were really something else...Haha! SF had that vibe...quite different in Monterey and SoCal...Oh well, missing the "good ol' Cali..." Things are getting worse out there now...the exodus is continuing...