Social Justice Warrior Perhaps?

Kung Fu

Superstar
What? If someone attacks you, or damages your property in most cases you don't need video evidence. What I'm saying is, in a crowded store or restaurant with witnesses nobody needs to grab their camera. If you are alone somewhere Ok, that makes sense.
Of course, you do. Witnesses most of the time don't want to be bothered and by the time the cops arrived there many of the witnesses would have been gone. I've seen it happen plenty of times with car accidents. Witnesses usually never show up to court and or just ignore the incident and walk away. Video recordings have made a huge difference in the way things are carried out now. For example, cops can no longer simply beat the crap out of someone because they know there's someone right there recording them. A lot of victims wouldn't be compensated if there was no footage of the incident.

manama

Star
i would also record it lol, i don't have to end up in jail just because i kissed my lover's forehead and some feminazi got triggered that ain't nobody ever gonna do that to her.

mecca

Superstar
That said, calling this woman a SJW seems odd because typically SJWs lean heavily liberal and her stance was heavily conservative. Lately though, conservatives seems to be trying their hand at fighting fire with fire and have become the very snowflakes they have railed against for so long. It's hard for a moderate and rational person to tolerate either side of it.
That's true.

How would the people recording this know she had a mental illness? She seems like another run of the mill social justice warrior that will simply say anything to get out of a situation.
You guys do raise some good points, but I'm not going to make excuses for the lack of awareness of these people who I assume are adults, and are responsible for their own actions. There are so many mentally ill who do not have access to the help that they need. Whoever uploaded this doesn't just get a pass just because some attention-seeking people also choose to act irrationally in public. Posting videos like this online is still a dick move regardless. It also is a symptom of the general lack of awareness of mental health struggles that I mentioned before.

mecca

Superstar
Whoever uploaded this doesn't just get a pass just because some attention-seeking people also choose to act irrationally in public. Posting videos like this online is still a dick move regardless. It also is a symptom of the general lack of awareness of mental health struggles that I mentioned before.
I agree. Posting this vid on youtube or facebook or whatever just shows how the uploader just wants views and attention.

Loki

Established
I agree. Posting this vid on youtube or facebook or whatever just shows how the uploader just wants views and attention.
True, and most likely correct. But to play Devil's Advocate, it could be less about attention for themselves and more about shaming this woman and others like her for being huge bitches. Keeping in mind, of course, that the uploaders likely had no idea she was mentally ill and just assumed she was just being a bitch.

While in hindsight we can say (and know to some extent) that she likely suffers from some sort of mental illness, in the moment and without further context it's just an outrageous thing that happened to these people that probably astounded them while also being hilarious because she isn't making much sense and, as I said, is just being an uber bitch for no reason. The context of her past and her life (what we know anyway) change the light we view it in.

Aero

Superstar
I see both sides of the issue. There's a lot of value to recording situations, I think it's a very useful tool to protect yourself. As far as public shaming goes I just don't think people will change. Maybe it would help someone to see how they look when they are going crazy, but there is a difference between trying to help them vs shaming.

And a lot of court cases are different. I would rather have a witness who knows the suspect, than a video of John Doe. Yeah actually convicting him will be easier with the video. But sometimes the video is useless. Ultimately I feel like most people are just grabbing their phones for kicks. That fact is unavoidable. There's billions of humiliating internet videos, and only thousands that probably turned into cases.