So you remember that China's scoring system that looked something straight out of black mirror?

manama

Star
ITS FAAAAAAAAAAAAKE.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/11/16/chinas-orwellian-social-credit-score-isnt-real/

Fake news originally spread by muricans and believed by muricans. This site isn't even something i'd fully believe in but the whole thing has been debunked on reddit and other boards multiple times by both Chinese citizens and non-chinese citizens with a brain.

This is basically a conspiracy gone out of control

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
ITS FAAAAAAAAAAAAKE.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/11/16/chinas-orwellian-social-credit-score-isnt-real/

Fake news originally spread by muricans and believed by muricans. This site isn't even something i'd fully believe in but the whole thing has been debunked on reddit and other boards multiple times by both Chinese citizens and non-chinese citizens with a brain.

This is basically a conspiracy gone out of control
Well, the story was picked up by a lot of MSM, so by extension is Facebook’s rumoured ratings thing fake aswell? https://www.vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/facebook-trustworthiness-scoring-system.4345/

The author of that piece, Jamie P. Horsley is Senior Fellow at the Paul Tsai China Center and Visiting Lecturer-in-Law at Yale Law School, and a Visiting Fellow at the John L. Thornton China Center at The Brookings Institution. What makes you think that that isn’t a nice little propaganda piece in FP, the CFR’s magazine (damage control)? Also, what makes you think that the Chinese citizens debunking the story aren’t gov’t agents?

Iam saying this because China does have some agreement with the Pentagon (liason office) to not portray China as an antagonist in films (think :Olympus has Fallen), so likely there just might be a similar arrangement with the Western press when it comes to something like this given that other gov'ts/entities are up to the same. Inotherwords,its pointless to call-out someone else when you are also doing the same thing. What if the Chinese gov't has dirt on and threatened to expose Western gov'ts credit score schemes that haven't been publicised, i mean 'Red' and 'Blue' lists are often talked about in conspiracy circles. Atleast that’s what I thought as I read the piece.

The other thing is that this is reality, rather the question that should be asked is would the Chinese government ever be tempted to do something like this? Pre-crime/Minority Report has already arrived and this social credit score thing certainly falls under pre-crime. I would simply be naïve to not think that something like this isn’t already happening, albeit covertly, and China wouldn’t be the only country doing it.

Last edited:

manama

Star
Well, the story was picked up by a lot of MSM, so by extension is Facebook’s rumoured ratings thing fake aswell? https://www.vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/facebook-trustworthiness-scoring-system.4345/

The author of that piece is Jamie P. Horsley is Senior Fellow at the Paul Tsai China Center and Visiting Lecturer-in-Law at Yale Law School, and a Visiting Fellow at the John L. Thornton China Center at The Brookings Institution. What makes you think that that isn’t a nice little propaganda piece in FP, the CFR’s magazine (damage control)? Also, what makes you think that the Chinese citizens debunking the story aren’t gov’t agents?

Iam saying this because China does have some agreement with the Pentagon (liason office) to not portray China as an antagonist in films (think :Olympus has Fallen), so likely there just might be a similar arrangement with the press when it comes to something like this given that other gov'ts/entities are up to the same . Atleast that’s what I thought as I read the piece.

The other thing is that this is reality, rather the question that should be asked is would the Chinese government ever be tempted to do something like this? Pre-crime/Minority Report has already arrived and this social credit score thing certainly falls under pre-crime. I would simply be naïve to not think that something like this isn’t already happening, albeit covertly, and China wouldn’t be the only country doing it.
The system that was actually going to be put in place had to do with your driving capabilities and accident/hit record etc for owning of vehicles. The whole conspiracy was caused because some people had shit chinese skills.

I don't think anyone is doing any kind of damage control. If it was real, there is nothing anyone could do to stop it and China surely doesnt give a fuck about what any conspiracy theorists think. China has done worse things in the open without hesitation, something like this wouldve been nothing.

But it doesn't take a genius to see how dumb and flawed the whole thing was and is impossible to put in place especially in a country that massive.