So the Korean war has ended

Thunderian

Superstar
North and South Korea have agreed to immediately cease all hostilities, and will be taking steps toward friendship, if not unification.

I wonder how that happened?

Aero

Superstar
Maybe because it was always scripted...by us.

What I'm saying is, the U.S were always the ones fueling the fire of hostilities. So all we had to do, was stop doing that. Of course there is a lot North Korea could gain from us. I imagine we will have to put more on the table.

I feel obligated to note, this is only a good move because the media narratives are so stupid. Americans don't really care that much about what's happening on the Korean peninsula. It's called easy political points.

justjess

Superstar
it doesnt even make sense lol..

a dictator who has been portrayed as a batshit crazy petulant child tyrant gets a phone call from trump and just decides to completely end his pinky and the brain type world domination plans? that flys in the face of logic.

im sorry. somethings really missing from this story.

Violette

Star
it doesnt even make sense lol..

a dictator who has been portrayed as a batshit crazy petulant child tyrant gets a phone call from trump and just decides to completely end his pinky and the brain type world domination plans? that flys in the face of logic.

im sorry. somethings really missing from this story.
http://www.iflscience.com/policy/this-could-be-the-real-reason-north-korea-halted-nuclear-testing-and-its-terrifying/
This probably has something to do with it

justjess

Superstar
yeah, thats likely

plus he wants billions in economoc aid from the us to end his program

so if someones holding a nuke to your head for billions of dollars, and u give them those billions.. who won?

Thunderian

Superstar
North Korea has agreed to end their nuclear program with no preconditions.

With all due respect to some of your unfounded speculation, I am taking things at face value. No one has ever said to North Korea, "Stop this, or you're going to get beat down," until Trump said it. It was Clinton, etc., that were paying them off, with nothing to show for it.

The Zone

Star
thats not what the news reports are indicating @Thunderian

they also verbally agreed to the same thing in 2000 and 2007 and both times it came to nothing
Hmmm, news reports....now they're credible. The bottom line is on the surface, Trump appears to have rattled the regime. He sent the US Navy, did not back down and the world could be a better place because of that. But if there is an elite and there is... stability in one world leadership means disarming some. But there are a lot of factors including economic sanctions which played a role. Some people just cannot admit to certain things and, or, plays devils advocate on every subject. Whether you like Trump or not, if...if NK disarms with no issues, he did the world a solid with his role. At least, on the surface.

And yes, the MSM will need another boogie man and they'll find one, if, and I mean if this goes through. There is still a chance this can go south. With that said, it is not over completely, just yet.

justjess

Superstar
if it happens with no financial loss to the us, great. i have no problem giving credit where its due. im just not holding my breathe.

from what ive read so far kim wants billions of dollars in aid and a promise from the us not to invade (i have no prpblem with the promise part, a major problem with the money part) - and apparantly similar promises were made by the north koreans in 2000 and 2007 which they then renegged on.

this isnt about me having some across the board feud with trump. please see the trumped thread where i clearly demonstrate as much, and my frustration with liberals who disagree with him even when he says or does something they should agree with and had it been saod or done by anyone else they would have.

but way to go trying to shut down discussion with those strawmen!!

Golden Age

Established
A treaty between the two Koreas has more of a chance to succeed because (it is now accepted by all sides) that the regime in Pyongyang is capable of delivering a nuclear payload into the heart of the United States.

So this is a failure on two fronts: 1] preventing North Korea from developing nuclear weapons and 2] denying Pyongyang the ballistic missile capacity to deliver the nuclear warheads.

So in 1998, the US reneged on its side of the agreement to normalise relations with North Korea in exchange for halting its nuclear programme. The latter then walked away from the agreement and accelerated its nuclear programme.

The two Koreas also have a far greater chance of sorting out their differences and coming to a binding agreement if Washington remains an observer, rather than a participant, in the whole process. It is clear to countries around the world that any international agreement Washington enters into is likely to be violated, reneged upon, breached or repudiated. Russia has similar grievances about the promises made by Washington not to expand NATO into the Warsaw Pact countries, which, were all violated. The US will also repudiate the agreement with Iran to halt its nuclear programme, in due course. American democracy is simply too dysfunctional and unstable to be considered a reliable actor in international agreements or a sponsor of political mediation, i.e. the (non existent) 'two state' peace process in the Middle East.

More importantly, China and Russia have both welcomed the developments. I am sure the two Koreas can reliably engage Moscow and Beijing as co-sponsors of their negotiations and agreements. Later on, the latter can be conditional to the removal of the US military footprint from South Korea, which, is acting as nothing more than a naval garrison for Washington's imperial efforts to contain China, in the South China Sea and the Pacific.

Golden Age

Established
Here is a question: if the US does cancel the deal with Iran, what credibility does she have as a "peace" broker in the Middle East !?

Egypt and Saudi Arabia are shameless client states of Washington. What will this do for their stability !?

I see a massive conflagration. The illegal invasion of Iraq in 2003 will pale into insignificance.

DesertRose

Superstar
zero credibility.
The end game is a world government by the Satanic cabal. Peace and stability will go out the window this dystopia will be characterized by exploitation, immorality and war They want all others to be toothless bantustans.

Last edited: