So.. September 23.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The point of a sign is what it points to...

I know there is great interest in "the day" and how it correlates closely with the Feast of Trumpets, but if I know anything about 'signs' it is that they can point to one of three things.

If you think about a road sign, it can mark something coming up soon, the location of something right there or even after the thing itself, rather like with roadworks to explain what you have just passed. Most people only concentrate on the sign at the location itself.

Rather than pick over which type of sign "The Revelation 12 Sign" might be, I would rather say that from my point of view, it is definitely a statistically significant event which correlates with the elements in the prophecy. It does also appear to me that chapter 12 is parenthetical to the wider book of Revelation. What it signifies is the most important thing.

Looking at the general "times", It seems to me as though these things really are beginning to come to pass.

Luke 21 talks about these times...

"25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

Widening the point out to the possible soon return of Jesus and the general times that would run up to it, I found this very representative of my own feelings...

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
Theres one thing that perplexes me tho: what about the sounding of the seven trumpets that are to come before the woman in the desert? Those signs haven't been fulfilled yet. Were talking grasshopper plague, poison water and all of that.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Theres one thing that perplexes me tho: what about the sounding of the seven trumpets that are to come before the woman in the desert? Those signs haven't been fulfilled yet. Were talking grasshopper plague, poison water and all of that.
I had an issue with this too! Revelation is not a completely linear book and needs to be viewed as a series of perspectives on "The Day of the Lord".

I never properly understood this till a couple of years ago doing an in-depth study of it. Turns out that Song of Songs follows a similar pattern, with the end of the story in the middle. That's why I pointed out that Rev 12 was parenthetical - it spans the whole 7 year period ...

Yeeeah..let me ask you something: Have there ever been over 100 ongoing conflicts in the world, at the same time? While earthquakes, floodings, massdeath of animals, crime the rate it is now and so on?

Did teens used to roar at their parents back in the 50's? Has there ever been fully sighted drug sales on the streets, people openly mocking the police and every other thing we have?

You REALLY think this is normal?
Violent crime and war are both actually down, statistically. I don't know about national disasters.

Teenagers always rebelled against their parents, probably since the concept of teenage years began. Concerning drugs... Many drugs used to be legal; marijuana, cocaine, opium and the like.

As for police... I imagine the reason you see more mockery of authority in general these days because you can get away with it. Once upon a time, if you talked against your lords you ended up dead or imprisoned.

Basically... We'd all be better off it we stopped fearing the Apocalypse and started trying to make our world a better place.

Vixy

Star
Violent crime and war are both actually down, statistically. I don't know about national disasters.

Teenagers always rebelled against their parents, probably since the concept of teenage years began. Concerning drugs... Many drugs used to be legal; marijuana, cocaine, opium and the like.

As for police... I imagine the reason you see more mockery of authority in general these days because you can get away with it. Once upon a time, if you talked against your lords you ended up dead or imprisoned.

Basically... We'd all be better off it we stopped fearing the Apocalypse and started trying to make our world a better place.
Why fear it?

Vixy

Star
I had an issue with this too! Revelation is not a completely linear book and needs to be viewed as a series of perspectives on "The Day of the Lord".

I never properly understood this till a couple of years ago doing an in-depth study of it. Turns out that Song of Songs follows a similar pattern, with the end of the story in the middle. That's why I pointed out that Rev 12 was parenthetical - it spans the whole 7 year period ...
Hey, I just saw that VC is opening a new site and is looking for writers on it. I think you should apply. You put alot of effort into replies and go in depth which would be perfect for articles. :)

Why fear it?
There is so much to say about the conversation here. Where do I start?
Vixy, if you want to experience the end of the world, you will need to decide that fear is important to you, otherwise it's not gonna happen for you personally.

I can't get too deep on this subject, hardly anyone would even understand. Revelations, just like the majority of channeled prophecy, is difficult to translate coherently into waking conscious understanding because it mostly describes events that occur behind the veil, not in physical reality. It is analogous so there are physical representations, but not like most would assume.

Revelations is almost over with at this point. Most of it has already happened or will not happen because a slightly different course was chosen instead. The separation of the worlds is a virtually seamless experience for the majority of people because of the overall lack of the necessary awareness.

11:11

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Having an awareness of Bible Prophecy and a sensitivity to signs of the times, and being active in the world we live in while we are here are not mutually exclusive concepts.

If I have any fear of "The Apocalypse" it is simply for those who will be left to face it.

For those who have not grasped the implications of the events described in Revelation 12, sometimes pictures (even moving ones) can paint a thousand words...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
While on the subject of signs, the solar eclipse of the 21st August is a collection of 'improbable' coincidences that seem to have some connection to events in September as well...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Wow, my birthday is September 22ND. We shall see.
I can see things falling into place, but it honestly feels surreal to me. I have no idea if anything will happen on any particular day, but to me a sign is a sign.

As I said earlier, it may mean something to come, something on the day or even provide meaning to an already happened event.

Regardless, it is as good a time as any to take eternal things seriously and do some real thinking.

Why fear it?
I don't. I just feel its silly to even expect anything, especially if you're looking for signs that aren't even there to begin with.

Having an awareness of Bible Prophecy and a sensitivity to signs of the times, and being active in the world we live in while we are here are not mutually exclusive concepts.

If I have any fear of "The Apocalypse" it is simply for those who will be left to face it.

For those who have not grasped the implications of the events described in Revelation 12, sometimes pictures (even moving ones) can paint a thousand words...

Once again, I'm going to remind you that you're using astrology; i.e.: the aligning of the stars and the planets to find some omen. It's something the Bible claims is false.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I don't. I just feel its silly to even expect anything, especially if you're looking for signs that aren't even there to begin with.

Once again, I'm going to remind you that you're using astrology; i.e.: the aligning of the stars and the planets to find some omen. It's something the Bible claims is false.
I guess those "wise men" who brought the gifts to Jesus were way off base then ;-)

Seriously though, you are being a 'good Berean' by asking the question and I don't mind in the slightest...

I came across the idea that the story of Jesus was encoded in the star names of antiquity and constellations 25 years ago. Astrology points at US as the centre of the story, the Mazzeroth points at HIM.

"Building upon ancient astronomical sources and current scientific data, E.W. Bullinger displays how the constellations bear witness to the accuracy of biblical prophetic truths. Numerous celestial charts and diagrams are provided to lend vivid support to his conclusions. With the psalmist, one discovers that "the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament showeth His handiwork," thus encouraging Bible students to look upward for the coming of Christ.

Dr. Bullinger takes Psalm 19 and, using it as a base, expands the understanding of astronomy to include confirmation of God's word. This book is of value to the advanced student of Christian evidences, and for the average Christian it will give greater appreciation for God's handiwork in the heavens."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Witness-Stars-Ethelbert-Bullinger/dp/1508529507

Summarised on...

http://www.setterfield.org/stargospel.html

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
The Red dragon, ready to snatch the male child seems to have been conviniently forgotten...

@Red Sky at Morning
So the alignment is a given, should a literal woman appear floating in the sky as described in Rev 12, like a day after the alignment, what will you think? Just asking....ya know...anything can happen...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The Red dragon, ready to snatch the male child seems to have been conviniently forgotten...

@Red Sky at Morning
So the alignment is a given, should a literal woman appear floating in the sky as described in Rev 12, like a day after the alignment, what will you think? Just asking....ya know...anything can happen...
I doubt it! I am not expecting any strange horned creatures or multi headed dragons either ;-)

On the subject of the Dragon, no ignoring was intended... I dislike him, and would not want to give his actions centre stage. The fact that he is foiled in his efforts to devour the child suggests a pre-trib rapture to me, but I think you have different views ;-)

Truthfully, if nothing happens this year and 5777 and all that turns out to be just excitement and enthusiastic YouTube clips, I will still have been glad to have chosen to share the Gospel with others.

Like San Andreas, the Lord's return and Daniels 70th week will still remain a matter of "not if, but when". On the other hand, and with all respect to brothers and sisters who I care about, if time is short, I haven't got time to wrestle to convince anyone of anything they are not minded to believe.

In addition, expectation is not in itself wrong, especially as we are encouraged to "look up" when we see the signs of Matthew 24 beginning to come to pass.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
I doubt it! I am not expecting any strange horned creatures or multi headed dragons either ;-)

On the subject of the Dragon, no ignoring was intended... I dislike him, and would not want to give his actions centre stage. The fact that he is foiled in his efforts to devour the child suggests a pre-trib rapture to me, but I think you have different views ;-)

Truthfully, if nothing happens this year and 5777 and all that turns out to be just excitement and enthusiastic YouTube clips, I will still have been glad to have chosen to share the Gospel with others.

Like San Andreas, the Lord's return and Daniels 70th week will still remain a matter of "not if, but when". On the other hand, and with all respect to brothers and sisters who I care about, if time is short, I haven't got time to wrestle to convince anyone of anything they are not minded to believe.

In addition, expectation is not in itself wrong, especially as we are encouraged to "look up" when we see the signs of Matthew 24 beginning to come to pass.
I just wondered, if everything about the woman will be in the alignment, shouldn't the dragon be depicted in the alignment aswell?

I don't think anything will happen in this 40-day period but, one can't put anything past the elite.

I guess those "wise men" who brought the gifts to Jesus were way off base then ;-)

Seriously though, you are being a 'good Berean' by asking the question and I don't mind in the slightest...

I came across the idea that the story of Jesus was encoded in the star names of antiquity and constellations 25 years ago. Astrology points at US as the centre of the story, the Mazzeroth points at HIM.

"Building upon ancient astronomical sources and current scientific data, E.W. Bullinger displays how the constellations bear witness to the accuracy of biblical prophetic truths. Numerous celestial charts and diagrams are provided to lend vivid support to his conclusions. With the psalmist, one discovers that "the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament showeth His handiwork," thus encouraging Bible students to look upward for the coming of Christ.

Dr. Bullinger takes Psalm 19 and, using it as a base, expands the understanding of astronomy to include confirmation of God's word. This book is of value to the advanced student of Christian evidences, and for the average Christian it will give greater appreciation for God's handiwork in the heavens."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Witness-Stars-Ethelbert-Bullinger/dp/1508529507

Summarised on...

http://www.setterfield.org/stargospel.html
The wise men also were pagan.

Don't get me wrong... I understand why people believe this. Some of this just reeks of false prophets and deceit. While I don't think the average YouTuber has ill intent, so of this stuff is pushed by people trying to sell books and I genuinely worry that when people keep preaching then end and it never comes, it's going to hurt the faith of good people.

It doesn't help my feelings that these sort of things happen every few years.