So I Bought A Juicer

Maes17

Superstar
Damn it! Just had homemade pizza! :oops: Imma have to brace myself with this one.
Nothing wrong with a bit of homemade pizza. Healthy living is a life long journey. There's bound to be slip ups. Accept the cheat meal and trash the thought process and try to improve the next day.

The way I see it is a cheat meal/treat is good for the soul. Just have the willpower to have it as a once a week/month habit

Camidria

Veteran
Hi @Vixy!
Headaches is normal for a few days when you are detoxing, if you where used to drinking lots of coffee, sugar, coke and other fast food then you are definitely going to have headaches.

FuschsiaUchi25

Established
Hi @Vixy!
Headaches is normal for a few days when you are detoxing, if you where used to drinking lots of coffee, sugar, coke and other fast food then you are definitely going to have headaches.
People need to stay away from foods with all processed sugar cause it destroys your body, sugar is poison. I know, I've seen what its done to mom whose a sugar addict. She's got type 2 diabetes, kidney disease, liver disease and is very obese!!! She don't eat healthy at all either.....stay away from that shit. Eat lots and lots of high in fibre foods, drink ONLY water and high protein too. You don't need meat for protein for meat either. I eat beans and nuts for my protein. I loooooove beans xD
Btw for every alcholic beverage I have, I drink a glass of water.
#thug life haha JK

Vixy

Star
Damn, it ain't going too well..

Im back on homemade pizza. This is going to sound as an excuse but it takes a whole bag of carrots to make one glass, meaning its ALOT to carry home and to buy. Cant afford it anymore, the quantities I have to buy are huge. :(

I never did get any headaches or anything like that but my weight went from 116pounds to 108 and I looked and felt much slimmer so its a good thing if one wants to diet.

My natural doc said it wasnt good since all that fruit sugar would put excess strain on the pankreas aswell so she recommended I stopped. (I dunno)

But making a fresh juice from time to time isnt bad. I'll defo buy those ecological juices and not have to carry all that fruit home. Expensive though so it'll have to be just once in a while.

polymoog

Superstar
Damn, it ain't going too well..

Im back on homemade pizza. This is going to sound as an excuse but it takes a whole bag of carrots to make one glass, meaning its ALOT to carry home and to buy. Cant afford it anymore, the quantities I have to buy are huge. :(
I never did get any headaches or anything like that but my weight went from 116pounds to 108 and I looked and felt much slimmer so its a good thing if one wants to diet.
My natural doc said it wasnt good since all that fruit sugar would put excess strain on the pankreas aswell so she recommended I stopped. (I dunno)
But making a fresh juice from time to time isnt bad. I'll defo buy those ecological juices and not have to carry all that fruit home. Expensive though so it'll have to be just once in a while.
some comments:
blaylock says the fruit sugar isnt bad. you should get another opinion. you were adding in vegetable juices, werent you? thats no much sugar.
perhaps you should try having a shot or two of fresh juice in the morning each day. i think that will help a lot.
maybe once a year do a juice fast for a week as a cleanse.

many people buy the top end juicer brands because they are super efficient at extracting out every last drop of juice. is the pulp very dry?

are you using unbleached/sprouted flour in your homemade pizza?

Vixy

Star
Yeah, that's strange aswell. The pulp was very dry at first but now it's almost squeezable. Strange.. And the only veg- I tried were cucumber. (And I almost barfed.) But..buying oranges and carrots today, totally must try to continue. yeah, I thought bot that fruitsugar thing but this one's a good rep doc that said that.. *schrugs* I know, I know.. The gerson institute would have her head for that, hehe

Who knew a simple juice diet would be this hard? Good thing I made this thread to get a push in the a$$ every now and then. :)

Lurker

Star
Yeah, that's strange aswell. The pulp was very dry at first but now it's almost squeezable. Strange.. And the only veg- I tried were cucumber. (And I almost barfed.) But..buying oranges and carrots today, totally must try to continue. yeah, I thought bot that fruitsugar thing but this one's a good rep doc that said that.. *schrugs* I know, I know.. The gerson institute would have her head for that, hehe

Who knew a simple juice diet would be this hard? Good thing I made this thread to get a push in the a$$ every now and then. :)
Oranges in a juicer? Wouldn't that destroy the pulp? Maybe it's a southern thing, but I want to (almost) chew my orange juice.

Vixy

Star
Oranges in a juicer? Wouldn't that destroy the pulp? Maybe it's a southern thing, but I want to (almost) chew my orange juice.
Hmm, well there's no setting for more or less fruit meat but juicing is supposed to be just juice so I guess it's right. :p

Vixy

Star
4 food groups Vixy - you'll be okay :D

Love your honesty! I haven't gotten up the gumption to do a juice fast but I have watched and read from several folks who have and everything you said is what they say too.

You should check out Joe cross - Fat Sick and Nearly Dead ... might inspire you. Used to be on youtube for free but can't find it at the moment - He's got lots of other vids on youtube too .
I saw that a long time ago, actually. I'm into the gerson diet, the lady is in her 90's and more clearheaded than most in their 20's so she knows something.

Vixy

Star
Holy Shit! Actually found super cheap ecological carrots today, got home and juiced a bag. And I cannot believe the taste! I always thought it tasted too bitter while drinking carrot juice (non ecological, that is) like there were chemicals in it and I was right! The taste of ecological carrots is COMPLETELY different! It's sweet with no chemical bitter taste at all! NOW I get it! WOW! It tastes like when I was a kid!

It gets me wondering though.. What the hell are all these chemicals doing to us when just the taste is SO different? That cant be good.

And yes, I knew about it but actually tasting the diference myself is another thing. Now I GET it.

Hmm, found this:

A carrot contains:
ALANINE, ACETONE, ACETALDEHYDE, ALPHA LINOLENIC ACID, ALUMINUM, ARSENIC, ASARONE, ALPHA TERPINENE, BORNYL ACETATE, BORON, BROMINE, BUTYRIC ACID, CADMIUM, CAMPHOR, CHOLESTEROL, CHOLINE, CHROMIUM, COBALT, CYSTINE, CYSTEINE, ETHANOL, FORMIC ACID, FUMARIC ACID, GLUTAMIC ACID, HYDROGEN CYANIDE, ISOBUTYRIC ACID, ISOPRENE, LAURIC ACID, LEAD, LECITHIN, LITHIUM, LYSINE, MALIC ACID, MERCURY, METHYLAMINE, MYRISTICIN, NICKEL, OXALIC ACID, PHENYLALANINE, PHOSPHORUS, QUERCETIN, SILICON, STEARIC ACID, SULFUR, TARTARIC ACID, TIN, TITANIUM, TRYPTOPHAN, XYLITOL.

from here: http://stoneglasgow.blogspot.se/2011/03/carrots-contain-chemicals-used-in.html

This site says we dont get away from chemicals even in ecological food. I guess the elite must have clean food pushers. :(

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
carrots often absorb bad things (minerals, toxins, chemicals) from the soil. you have to watch with them.