Snuff Videos

Devine

Star
i read stupid ass media take out and every single day they add a story of this type sounds like they are really suggesting it to people to do :(

rainerann

Star
I didn't even know people were doing this. When I hear the word snuff film, I think of something else. It disturbs me that this word is being used to describe something else considering what it originally referred to. It makes me agree with your theory that we are being desensitized by the integration of this word with a new meaning into social media @Devin, which is really, really, really sad to think about. I am guessing most people don't know the other meaning of the word.

Devine

Star
oh well i was just calling it that i don't think anyone else does. if i am correct that a snuff film is showing someone being murdered? have heard the freaks in charge are into em. so i figured they were pushing it as a "trend".

Leviathan

Established
People have liked to see real death to be entertained for years. As far back as 1978 was a movie called "Faces of Death" which, if you couldn't tell from the title, was just a compilation of footage dealing with death in various ways whether it be people dying, animals being slaughtered, or even surgeries and autopsies. The majority of the clips were proven to be fake, but a few of them are real. The home video market was just starting out by that point but it was successful enough to inspire several sequels and ripoffs such as the aptly titled "Traces of Death."

Of course nowadays we have websites for those kinds of things. There are two I know of (BestGore and Documenting Reality) where people go to see all sorts of gruesome videos and pictures.

In some circles of the Internet there is what's called "the holy grail" of Internet videos, and that is the video of Christine Chubbuck. If you don't know who she is, she's a news reporter who committed suicide by gunshot on live TV in 1974. The only known footage is locked away in a vault somewhere, but people still search high and low. Some swear they saw it in the early days of the Internet but can't prove it. There's even a cleverly made fake on YouTube masquerading as the actual video.

So there's definitely a market for real life death footage. I think the live streams you speak of are only going to make the problem worse. Personally, I'd rather see fake deaths and fake blood in fictional horror movies. I've seen clips like that shooting of the newscasters in Virginia who were gunned down and was upset for days afterwards. Yet the news insisted on showing it every hour.

Vixy

Star
Its the nature of man to find murder fascinating but rest assured, it's impossible to find snuff except the ukrainian killers that is out. All else cannot be found.

Last edited:

Devine

Star
People have liked to see real death to be entertained for years. As far back as 1978 was a movie called "Faces of Death" which, if you couldn't tell from the title, was just a compilation of footage dealing with death in various ways whether it be people dying, animals being slaughtered, or even surgeries and autopsies. The majority of the clips were proven to be fake, but a few of them are real. The home video market was just starting out by that point but it was successful enough to inspire several sequels and ripoffs such as the aptly titled "Traces of Death."

Of course nowadays we have websites for those kinds of things. There are two I know of (BestGore and Documenting Reality) where people go to see all sorts of gruesome videos and pictures.

In some circles of the Internet there is what's called "the holy grail" of Internet videos, and that is the video of Christine Chubbuck. If you don't know who she is, she's a news reporter who committed suicide by gunshot on live TV in 1974. The only known footage is locked away in a vault somewhere, but people still search high and low. Some swear they saw it in the early days of the Internet but can't prove it. There's even a cleverly made fake on YouTube masquerading as the actual video.

So there's definitely a market for real life death footage. I think the live streams you speak of are only going to make the problem worse. Personally, I'd rather see fake deaths and fake blood in fictional horror movies. I've seen clips like that shooting of the newscasters in Virginia who were gunned down and was upset for days afterwards. Yet the news insisted on showing it every hour.
wow so do you agree that this stuff is being promoted as some sort of agenda?

For what it's worth (FWIW), sometimes when i watch Hollywood movies, i get the impression that the killings are for real.

That sometimes proves to be quite disturbing to me.

Like, what if he/she really died there?

Vixy

Star
I Think mny of us have womdered or have had the thoght what it's like to Watch Life go out. Well, I've seen someone die. Of course it was the kid of a hare but still.

I was talking to the owner of a cat whom had taken it and struck it over the throat with it's fangs so it was bleeding while she held it in her hand to keep the cat from geting -it. I watched it die and although this may sound really corny since it was a hare, I saw something I won't forget; the life going out in it's eyes. I could really see the life fading out. The eyes became matte and lost their sparkle. I felt SOO so bad for that little creature! I won't ever forget it. It was so small. (And yes, I'm a real pussy, okay?)

Guess I'll never be a hunter, can't watch pretty little animals die like that. That happening showed me that things aren't supposed to die, we're all meant for something greater. God didn't make his creatures to end their lives.

So okay, bring on the mockery.. But remember: Imma girl. If ya mock -ya pay! :D

Leviathan

Established
wow so do you agree that this stuff is being promoted as some sort of agenda?
It's possible. People do like to see bad things happen to each other for some reason. It entertains them. How many compilations are there of people falling, getting kicked in the crotch, etc., that are played for laughs? When I was in school people would videotape fights and post them online to watch later. I think certain people are just opportunists and like to exploit this for their own personal gain.

TMT

Star
Snuff films are a domain of the super rich, at least prior to the internet age. There really are people who go to foreign countries and pay to watch people be murdered. I don't think we are going to a point where it will be mainstream though.

Devine

Star
I didn't even know people were doing this. When I hear the word snuff film, I think of something else. It disturbs me that this word is being used to describe something else considering what it originally referred to. It makes me agree with your theory that we are being desensitized by the integration of this word with a new meaning into social media @Devin, which is really, really, really sad to think about. I am guessing most people don't know the other meaning of the word.
i think im using it's original meaning...videos of people being murdered/suicided?