Snoop Dogg threatens to boycott Facebook for banning Louis Farrakhan

sure, social media outlets have a right to a terms of service, but that cannot infringe upon ones rights if it is an open platform. our free speech rights should extend to the platform just as they would anywhere in the public domain.

if one does not like what a 'fashie' or a leftist has to say, either debate it or ignore it. simple as that. you dont like the opposition going 'underground'; i dont like the opposition being censored when i can prove them wrong openly-- without any help of censorship. further, stifling open, honest discussion and debate can only lead to violence in the long run, as tension rises.

i disagree with almost everything you say, but i support you 100% if your right to speak or write it is blocked. id hope for the same from you for my side.
I’ve mentioned this before, but here it is again: Social media platforms would LOVE to be declared as public utilities because public utilities are essentially enshrined monopolies. Are you quite sure you would really want to give companies such as Facebook, Twitter, google etc such privilege? This is a case of “Be careful what you wish for”

polymoog

Superstar
I’ve mentioned this before, but here it is again: Social media platforms would LOVE to be declared as public utilities because public utilities are essentially enshrined monopolies. Are you quite sure you would really want to give companies such as Facebook, Twitter, google etc such privilege? This is a case of “Be careful what you wish for”
i dont think they would want that classification-- if they did, they wouldnt have declared themselves a 'publisher' in court. if they are classified as a public utility, we have free speech 100%.
public utility or not, they are and will continue to spy and data mine us. they are already tied in with the CIA, so at least it would be nice to say what we like.
if you know of a scenario where we would be worse off with them classified as a utility, i would be interested in hearing it from you.