Sneaky Names For MSG (Check Your Labels!)

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
...when aspartame first became available as a sweetener on the consumer market, I one night downed two full 2 liter bottles of Hawaiian Punch (childhood favorite), thinking that it was 'better than sugar'.... and it won't make me fat(er)...
...the next morning, I had the most debilitating headache I've ever experienced...could not raise my head off the pillow... had my wife call me in as sick for the day.....
...one and done with aspartame... even chewing gum... won't touch it, if it has aspartame....
...may be 'Urban Legend', or maybe not.... but I read a long time ago that the lead Monsanto researcher who developed aspartame will not allow it in his house.... kinda like the story about Bill Gates doesn't let his kids spend all day staring at screens....
...likely/possibly 'Urban Legends'... but very believable, in the sense that the 'guys at the top' know what harm ensues from the very stuff that they create...
...didn't even ever suspect the MSG thing might be a problem.... gotta start reading labels more closely...
I can't stand the stuff. I am starting a new thread on this topic.

Last edited:

Glad 2 know

Veteran
It was in the house. It was before "we" knew about the dangers. In hindsight I guess a salt paste would have worked. More recently I've learned that crushed basil leaf (fresh, don't know about dried) works very well on mosquito bites. TBH, I'm surprised that MSG is still available and people still buy it.
I didn't know about the crushed basil leaf though I might try it. I guess it's good for those that can't tolerate garlic. Garlic on insect bites is awesome too. I am sort of surprised but then not. It's like cigarettes, no matter how harmful and deadly, they're still being sold.