Slave Reparations

morita

Veteran
overwhelmingly european americans.

in 1860, there were about 3.5 to 4 million slaves in the south. 500,000 free blacks lived in the north. thats not a lot compared to other ethnic groups in the US which made up the other 26 million. (blacks have never been more than 19% of the population.) those slaves mustve been working septuple shifts in order to outpace everyone elses labor.

if slavery was so productive, why wasnt the south unbelievably rich? the american south was always poorer than the north, yet the north didnt have slaves. 90% of the industrial production at the start of the civil war was from the slave-free north.

if you want to talk about cotton, it did comprise 1/2 of the US` exports, but that wasnt very much in the grand scheme of things (6% of the GNP). yes, slaves did that. but who did the mining? the actual construction? timber industry? who laid the railroad ties? the telegraph lines?
sorry but I'm not going to believe everything anyone says on the internet. Especially a white person who insists on using the n-word. Please put me on ignore.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I find it disturbing how some people on these boards act so self-righteous and high and mighty. They can't have a normal discussion without implying the other person is somehow a racist(or fill in the blank) because that person may have a different view point or point out facts that disqualify their own beliefs. They can't be seen as possibly wrong or misinformed and admit it. It's all ego. So they automatically try to discredit the other person, play the race card and then pull the plug.

Why are these people even on a forum, if they are incapable of discussing topics maturely with an open mind and with some humility.

DavidSon

Star
Professor Kumanyika Talks About Reparations, the Civil War, and Joe Biden

"...I do think that if you do not transform the way that capitalism functions, if you don’t transform the way that American imperialism functions, you can’t really have any real conception of justice. And there is a way in which you can have a kind of reparations that operates within a market system, doesn’t threaten it."

"... so many other scholars in the black radical tradition, Eric Williams and others have said, “no, slavery was at the center of capitalism,” right. With Craig Wilder’s book, “Ebony and Ivy,” slavery was at the center of actually building up the university system in the north. Slavery was not like this Southern problem that was like just a few sort of Southern racist people, you know what I mean, [that] really had some issues with bigotry so they decided to make black people slaves. Like none of that."

"...You know, you have a group of southern states who say they’re going to secede, because they really want to maintain their rights to slavery. In the battle over the Fugitive Slave Act, Lincoln basically sides with the South and says that slave owners can come back into the North and remove slaves. When the Southern states all give their reasons for secession, right, they all produce these sort of secession documents that declare the reasons why they’re seceding. And in each one of those documents, they all mentioned slavery as the only reason really that they’re seceding. So, they write other things, but they’re clear that the reason they’re seceding is because of slavery. In the aftermath of the Civil War, a different narrative took shape where the South, you know, started to change the idea and the reasons for why they seceded to be about something called states’ rights. They started to promote the myth that slavery would have withered away on its own and all kinds of other things that sort of confused and mystified the actual reason why they seceded."

"...is race really just this sort of issue about personal attitudes, right, and people’s individual biases and bigotry, a kind of psychological mode of thinking about the problem of racism, or is it something that was deeply baked into the structures and economic systems of this country? You know, not even just the culture, but the economic systems like this country has had to have racism because racism essentially, or white domination, was built into the economic modes of slavery, right and the economic modes that currently drive the society, right?"

Lisa

Superstar
I like the idea I heard that because the slave trade was utterly dominated by jews, we should take the aid given to Israel and instead give it to descendants of slaves for reparations. Everyone wins
I thought it was the muslims that were the slave traders?

polymoog

Superstar
I thought it was the muslims that were the slave traders?
africans sold other africans to the slave traders in africa who were arabs. they then sold them to the trans-atlantic slave ships, many (most?) of whom were financed by jews.

Lisa

Superstar
africans sold other africans to the slave traders in africa who were arabs. they then sold them to the trans-atlantic slave ships, many (most?) of whom were financed by jews.
By arabs you mean muslims? Wonder if they were called Asians then too? ;)

Ya, the Jews who ruled the world...right.

polymoog

Superstar
Jews serving as cannon-fodder in the war of Northern Aggression / Civil War does not make them plantation-owning slave holders.

Sorry, moog.
i never implied that they were.
maybe i misunderstood you, but i thought you were doubting that there were jews in the south during the civil war.

elsbet

Superstar
i never implied that they were.
maybe i misunderstood you, but i thought you were doubting that there were jews in the south during the civil war.
No... I was responding to lightseekers post--
I like the idea I heard that because the slave trade was utterly dominated by jews...​

To the best of my knowledge, it was dominated by white, 'Christian', Southern Democrats. In the South, anyway-- Jews were minorities, themselves, I believe.

No... I was responding to lightseekers post--

I like the idea I heard that because the slave trade was utterly dominated by jews...​

To the best of my knowledge, it was dominated by white, 'Christian', Southern Democrats. In the South, anyway-- Jews were minorities, themselves, I believe.
The slave markets were closed one Jewish holidays. Find the original documents. The buyers and sellers are all Jewish names. The biggest slave market at the time wasn't in America either, it was in Brazil, where the largest slave trader, Aaron Lopez, was, who was Jewish
https://rense.com/general69/invo.htm
1539049369202.jpgjewslavers.jpgjewslavers2.jpg

elsbet

Superstar
The slave markets were closed one Jewish holidays. Find the original documents. The buyers and sellers are all Jewish names. The biggest slave market at the time wasn't in America either, it was in Brazil, where the largest slave trader, Aaron Lopez, was, who was Jewish
https://rense.com/general69/invo.htm
View attachment 25626View attachment 25627View attachment 25628
"At the height of American slavery, 78% of slave owners were ethnic Jews."​
Was it before or after Ulysses Grant gave Jews 24 hours to to get out of the southern states? lol Meh... I just find that hard to believe. I can't find any information supporting it, either.

The South isn't called the bible belt for nothing.

And Rense is notorious for hating Jewish people.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
What's the point of referring to another thread when quoting and replying to someone?

PS- I liked your old av better.
So you would know where it came from.

I may use my old av again. I was in a Clint mood.

Last edited: