Sins Of The Father...

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
This has been mentioned in this post, and someone proposed that we start a new discussion on the topic.

What are your personal beliefs on sin? Do you believe some are more prone to sin than others? I'll quote what I said in the thread:

That brings up an interesting question I have: Do you believe there are people more likely to sin than others? I'm going by the 'Sins of the Father', thought.

Everyone can be saved and find Christ, I'm not saying against it. I'm asking if there are people out there that believe people are more likely to sin [more often] than others.

This may turn into a Nature vs. Nurture debate.... :D
So yeah, what are your thoughts?

I think it is quite possible for people to be more prone to sin than others. For example, people who suffer from alcoholism will pass the gene to their offspring, and once they get the taste, it is a higher likelihood that they may in turn become alcoholics as well than their counterparts who do not have that genetic predisposition.

And like sin, if the generations prior have sinned it is quite possible that the current generation will be prone to sinning than their 'average sinner' counterparts.

@Camidria had a very interesting story to tell regarding this subject and I'm interested in hearing it...

Camidria

Veteran
Ok so in my family we have a long line of men that all abused alcohol, cheated on their wives and also verbally and physically abused their wives and children. So my father was one of them, and in order for me to really forgive him I had to ask the Father (Yahuwah) to show me the reason my father was like this.

I had a hard life where I was mostly verbally abused and my mom physically and verbally, there was really no reason for my dad to be this way, my mom was a really good wife, she respected my dad, made him feel like a million dollars and cared for him in all the ways that are important for most men.

God showed me that this was because of the sins of the father being carried down through the generations, and no has broken it. He also showed me what happened to my father when he was younger to put these things in perspective. I remember my grandad, he was exactly the same, and according to my uncle, his grandad was even worse than his father.

Camidria

Veteran
I have also heard somewhere that these kind of things gets written into your dna, and that you can unwrite them if you change your ways, obviously I cannot see how it is possible to change without the Lord's intervention and guidance. I have seen in my life how God deliberately stopped our bloodline through me. I was the only child and daughter borne to my father, God later showed my mom in a vision that there would never be a son as a heir...

King David

Established
This has been mentioned in this post, and someone proposed that we start a new discussion on the topic.

What are your personal beliefs on sin? Do you believe some are more prone to sin than others? I'll quote what I said in the thread:

I think it is quite possible for people to be more prone to sin than others. For example, people who suffer from alcoholism will pass the gene to their offspring, and once they get the taste, it is a higher likelihood that they may in turn become alcoholics as well than their counterparts who do not have that genetic predisposition.

And like sin, if the generations prior have sinned it is quite possible that the current generation will be prone to sinning than their 'average sinner' counterparts.

@Camidria had a very interesting story to tell regarding this subject and I'm interested in hearing it...
The definition of sin is what so many struggle with today, because everyone has their own standard.

Satan has been successful through television, radio, movies, magazines, internet posts etc. to generate conversation that moves (brainwashes) the population to accept whatever each person feels is right for them; this behavior is what continues to thrust the world into judgment and terror.

The Father revealed in the Torah that sin is anything against His law; this sin carries a curse to the third and four generation and as much as the tenth generation for those of illegitimate birth.

The more each person tries to justify their own sin by their own standards, the further they will move from health, safety, prosperity, and joy.

Shalom :)

Thunderian

Superstar
The Father revealed in the Torah that sin is anything against His law; this sin carries a curse to the third and four generation and as much as the tenth generation for those of illegitimate birth.
Nope.

Don't listen to this guy, people. He is deceived, and is out to deceive.

There is no such thing as a curse that carries from generation to generation. The effects of sin can be carried forward, as Camidria has said, but this is broken by repentance and healing through Jesus Christ.

King David

Established
Nope.

There is no such thing as a curse that carries from generation to generation. The effects of sin can be carried forward, as Camidria has said, but this is broken by repentance and healing through Jesus Christ.
Listen to Thunderian if you desire to be deceived ladies...

Read the scripture for yourselves.

Exodus 34:7 KJV
7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Thunderian

Superstar
The word curse is not found in that verse. You handle God's word very deceptively.

King David

Established
Nope.

The word curse is not found in that verse. You handle God's word very deceptively.
Listen, semantics won't save you from avoiding interpreting Ezekiel 42 and 46 in order to validate your belief in a false god.

Ladies, if you continue to follow Thunderian, he will lead you to destruction. We are all under the Law of Elohim. Those who believe in Jesus (Zeus) are fooled and cannot discern that there will in fact be sacrifices By The Prince (The Messiah) in the New Temple according to Daniel 9:26-27, & Ezekiel 42:13, and 46:12.

All of Thunderian's flashy "cut and pastes" or silly juvenile clips cannot save him or you from the truth of My Father's Law.

Shalom

Thunderian

Superstar
Ladies, are you following me? :p

KD, I don't crave followers. You do, though.

I know you, and I know your kind. You need to belittle people because it makes you feel superior, not just in spiritual matters, but in any area where you think you are more knowledgeable. And you are very knowledgeable, aren't you? That's why you've had a thousand jobs in your life, but you are most likely unemployed, and living off of the government or some kind of handouts now. You beg a lot, and ironically, it's Christians who are most generous to you. Most likely you are in your late 40's to early 60's and have been homeless before, and may be now. You have been married and are now not. You can't find a home in a church or other group because you refuse to believe anyone has a better handle on the truth than you. That is because you are ruled by your pride, and because of this you will not bow to any kind of authority, and it's why your life is the way it is now. It's always someone else's fault, isn't it? Every job you've failed at, every church you have left, and every relationship you are no longer in -- all someone else's fault. Right? You will never win any arguments on this board because your ignorance of scripture finds you out every time, and you will never have any followers in real life because you lack charisma.

Get some help. People are praying for you.

Camidria

Veteran
The effects of sin can be carried forward, as Camidria has said, but this is broken by repentance and healing through Jesus Christ.
Yes, my father did turn around his life and Jesus saved him from destruction, he was very close to taking his life as satan convinced him he has done too many things wrong to be saved. In the end he was baptised and I am astounded to see the soft spoken person that was always there but was dominated has resurfaced.

King David

Established
Ladies, are you following me? :p

KD, I don't crave followers. You do, though.

I know you, and I know your kind. You need to belittle people because it makes you feel superior, not just in spiritual matters, but in any area where you think you are more knowledgeable. And you are very knowledgeable, aren't you? That's why you've had a thousand jobs in your life, but you are most likely unemployed, and living off of the government or some kind of handouts now. You beg a lot, and ironically, it's Christians who are most generous to you. Most likely you are in your late 40's to early 60's and have been homeless before, and may be now. You have been married and are now not. You can't find a home in a church or other group because you refuse to believe anyone has a better handle on the truth than you. That is because you are ruled by your pride, and because of this you will not bow to any kind of authority, and it's why your life is the way it is now. It's always someone else's fault, isn't it? Every job you've failed at, every church you have left, and every relationship you are no longer in -- all someone else's fault. Right? You will never win any arguments on this board because your ignorance of scripture finds you out every time, and you will never have any followers in real life because you lack charisma.

Get some help. People are praying for you.
You do not know Me, nor "My kind." You are a serpent who is buried in lies. I do not crave followers. I crave that the children of Elohim find the Truth. You crave bringing destruction onto everyone who will listen to your filth.

You still don't have an answer for the Prince and you never will! You will continue to run from the truth until one day there won't be anywhere to run!

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
Yes, my father did turn around his life and Jesus saved him from destruction, he was very close to taking his life as satan convinced him he has done too many things wrong to be saved. In the end he was baptised and I am astounded to see the soft spoken person that was always there but was dominated has resurfaced.
Amen Camidria that's great news!

And I haven't abandoned this thread. I'm at work right now so I can't fully add my input. I'll be on later tonight hopefully.

In the meantime, I'm still a firm believer that certain sins can be inherited and unless broken by repentance, will remain in the generation for years...

Camidria

Veteran
Amen Camidria that's great news!

And I haven't abandoned this thread. I'm at work right now so I can't fully add my input. I'll be on later tonight hopefully.

In the meantime, I'm still a firm believer that certain sins can be inherited and unless broken by repentance, will remain in the generation for years...
No worries Fleur, here it's already late at night, enjoy work! ;)

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established

I find your specific example to be erroeneous in that the alcoholic gene is a myth. In the realm of epigenetics, switched can be turned on and off in the gene pool that relate to genetic expression, so in this case alcoholism isn't a product of nature but of nurture.

Now what can be passed down and expressed may be higher probabilities to certain tendencies(excessive or uncontrollable anger), behaviors, and diseases(cancers, diabetes, etc.).

From my understanding of the Bible, I don't believe sin to be a genetic factor but a byproduct of the individual and their environment. I am of the opinion that everyone can and will sin but ultimately it is up to the individual as to how much they sin and what they are willing to control.

My question is, if Adam and Eve has never been introduced to sin, would sin have ever reached humanity?

JoChris

Superstar

What are your personal beliefs on sin? Do you believe some are more prone to sin than others?
We're all as likely to sin as other people, but some sins are *seen by people* as more socially acceptable.
Some sins appear to run in families too.

In my family we've got a tendency to melancholy temperaments and excessive focus on personal feelings. Amongst my biological family members that inclination has resulted in SINS of self-pity, grudge keeping, unforgiveness, rejection, adultery and rejection of Christianity.
Definitely. Again in my family, my parents were very shallow believers. My father had relatively loose moral standards for the early 1960s, well before the hippy era. His then fiance put their child for adoption. He came from a woman-dominated household.

My mother was an outwardly practising Catholic and didn't do obvious outward sins until much later in life, but all of us 4 children- none married pure. All followed feelings and lived together. Out of 4 women married (my mother included) only my marriage has lasted, despite me marrying an atheist and returning (?) to Christianity later.

In my family, God has broken the dominating female and sick reverse daughter-mother relationship cycle. I have a strong husband, two boys and even two male dogs! God has been very merciful to me.