Show Your Pictures Thread

Trenton

Veteran
tumblr_mq1m1t0ppA1r7r6wso1_1280.jpg
One of my fondest memories.
My friends and I cosplayed The Aquabats for a children's birthday party. The kids absolutely loved it haha.

I'm Jimmy the Robot on keyboard. My BF is Ricky Fitness on drums.

And as MC Bat Commander, the lead singer, is my friend who introduced me to VC years ago.

We took this cosplay to Dragon Con years ago and got stopped every second for pictures lol. It was fun and exhausting.

JoChris

Superstar
I especially like the one in front of the bathroom sink where you are sticking your rear out, Chassidyt . That is so, um, ...o_O:eek::rolleyes:

The hallmarks of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) are grandiosity, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration. People with this condition are frequently described as arrogant, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. They may also concentrate on grandiose fantasies (e.g. their own success, beauty, brilliance) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. These characteristics typically begin in early adulthood and must be consistently evident in multiple contexts, such as at work and in relationships.

People with narcissistic personality disorder believe they are superior or special, and often try to associate with other people they believe are unique or gifted in some way. This association enhances their self-esteem, which is typically quite fragile underneath the surface. Individuals with NPD seek excessive admiration and attention in order to know that others think highly of them. Individuals with narcissistic personality disorder have difficulty tolerating criticism or defeat, and may be left feeling humiliated or empty when they experience an "injury" in the form of criticism or rejection.

Related Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, Paranoid.

Symptoms
Narcissistic personality disorder is indicated by five or more of the following symptoms:

• Exaggerates own importance
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence or ideal romance
  • Believes he or she is special and can only be understood by other special people or institutions
  • Requires constant attention and admiration from others
  • Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
  • Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals
  • Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
  • Is often envious of others or believes other people are envious of him or her
  • Shows arrogant behaviors and attitudes
https://narcissist.supportgroups.com
My short (now deleted) exchange with Chassidy about Oppositional Disorder jogged my memory.
NPD and ASD are like relatives What are Cluster B personality disorders?

ODD is like a milder version of ASD, emotions not behaviours. Developmental pathways in Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder

I have a relative with all the signs of Compensatory NPD- she does not act out symptoms of grand delusion (like stereotyped "in love-with-themselves" NPDs) but has all the other characteristics in bucket-loads.

I have never seen entries/ had any conversations with Chassidy that suggest any delusions of grandeur, seeking to outdo other people in real life, obsessed with outward status,extreme snobbiness, needing to be admired/ destroying other people who refuse to do so (like my extremely painful relative).

Therefore I respectfully disagree with you. I think ODD is just as bad as NPD attention-seeking wise and blaming everyone else for their problems, but ODD comes from a very different angle. Perhaps that is why I have more patience with Chassidy than if she was a NPD (I have gone-no contact with that relative).

Last edited:

yannick

Veteran
This is one of my pictures, thought not of myself I agree, but it's in the My Pictures folder. :) @AspiringSoul loves you brother (self-speak).

112.jpg