SHOCKING MUST SEE! WHY Eating PORK is BAD For HUMANS - #Pork

sim hae

Established
^ I was referring to actual colours, as in red, green, which if I remember correctly are some of the most dangerous, regardless of producer. I think you were referring to pigments offered by niche companies. Colours are usually created from the same natural sources. Like how the most often used shade of red in the food industry is always made out of a particular type of bug.
There are not that many things in nature from which you can get a specific colour for a specific industry. You don't have dozens of options. You oftentimes only have one pigment per colour, you can't get it from anything else.
It's not like those niche companies can create some other natural sources for the pigments they need, man can only transform, not create. They can certainly invest in trying to come up with a process of obtaining that pigment that would render it less harmfull and advertise it as safer, cause it sounds more appealling than less harmfull :rolleyes:.
But can they truly garantee that every last one of those pigments that have very varied sources and are each obtained in very different ways, are relatively safe? I severly doubt that they had the absurd amounts of money required for that huge of a research. Let's not fool ourselves.

There might be a chance you could get water poisoning but you will continue to drink it though. No?
Lol, the major difference is that I NEED water but I don't need to embelish my body. And of course that anything in huge quantities has a damaging effect on your health but water normally has an actual benefit.
potential risk vs. no real benefit = I'll pass

There's more evidence of water poisoning than there is evidence to come to a concrete conclusion on the possible but not determined long term effects of tattoos
Then why are there safer inks on the market? Safer than what... safe? It's not logical.

I wasn't trying to argue but I figured you might have some links since you presented this to me.
Nah, unfortunately I don't have any of my old searches because I erased my browser history quite some time ago, because of.. reasons... =) Don't laugh too much, I'm a very different person now.
Sorry for the long text BTW, I haven't learned the art of expressing my thoughts in a clear succint way, it's a bummer...

kittybratxx

Established
I just had pork the other day and it was soooo tender and delicious especially the crackling mmmm

pumkinspice

Established
I notice that if someone finds out I don't eat pork, or shrimp or cramp or whatever else unclean food, every opportunity they love to do what kittybrat just did. The "mmmm I just had some delicious ____ today. So tender". Can anyone explain why people tend to mock like this?

polymoog

Superstar
You're free to be pescatarian but I definitely think pork is particularly bad. Other types of meat are much safer and are approved by God.

Even the Old Testament prohibits pork.

god, apparently, is not a nutritionist. if he was, he wouldve outlawed the consumption of all the chemicals and preservatives that are in the food today. he also wouldve outlawed the consumption of GMOs. goats eat as much garbage as pigs- maybe more. when thorough cooking is involved (killing any parasites), the only real reason remaining not to eat pork is that pigs are highly intelligent creatures. is that mentioned in the bible or the koran?

there is nothing 'kosher' about kosher food when its spiked with MSG, polysorbates, and artificial colors and flavors. the same applies for halal food. unless you have god come down personally and transmute the toxins, eating kosher or halal meat is no better than standard meat. those foods may be in accordance with gods laws, but, blessings aside, theyre just as unhealthy as everything else.

Lurker

Star
eating kosher or halal meat is no better than standard meat. those foods may be in accordance with gods laws, but, blessings aside, theyre just as unhealthy as everything else
Probably mostly true. I will say though that the only Halal meat my work sells is organic grass fed.

TruthSucker

Established
I notice that if someone finds out I don't eat pork, or shrimp or cramp or whatever else unclean food, every opportunity they love to do what kittybrat just did. The "mmmm I just had some delicious ____ today. So tender". Can anyone explain why people tend to mock like this?
Cause people can hardly stand the fact that someone isn't mainstream, or in other words: like themselves. It's racism in a subliminal way. They wanna tell you "Be like me!". They just feel uncomfortable with people who have their own mind and make their own decisions NOT to do something everyone does.

You are strong, they feel weak. Kinda like that ;)

btw: pork, as every other meat, isn't "unclean". Pigs are not filthy, in fact, they are very clean animals. Humans make meat "unclean". But this is blasphemy I guess ...

pumkinspice

Established
god, apparently, is not a nutritionist. if he was, he wouldve outlawed the consumption of all the chemicals and preservatives that are in the food today. he also wouldve outlawed the consumption of GMOs. goats eat as much garbage as pigs- maybe more. when thorough cooking is involved (killing any parasites), the only real reason remaining not to eat pork is that pigs are highly intelligent creatures. is that mentioned in the bible or the koran?

there is nothing 'kosher' about kosher food when its spiked with MSG, polysorbates, and artificial colors and flavors. the same applies for halal food. unless you have god come down personally and transmute the toxins, eating kosher or halal meat is no better than standard meat. those foods may be in accordance with gods laws, but, blessings aside, theyre just as unhealthy as everything else.
I don't know, if the same God we are talking about is the Creator (after all there are many gods, but one creator), I would think he is the master "nutritionist", as well as a master scientist, artist and whatever creative or knowledgeable profession out there, seeing he created all things.

The main reason for these dietary laws are that not all animals were made with the same purpose. Some are made for consumption as well as a source for clothing. Others were not. Of course plants are made in the same way. Some made for consumption and source for fibers for clothing, others are not.

No man on this earth knows it all seeing we didn't have a hand in creation. I choose to trust God's word on what to eat as well as what not to eat. Personally, it has helped me health wise. And obviously, God doesn't condone GMOs...that kind of what the tree of Good and Evil was. In the book of Baruch, angels were said to have planted that tree. In the book of Enoch, fallen angels spliced plants and animals, and showed mankind how to do it themselves. God forbid the crossing of different seeds, both animals and plants, in the books of the law. Any one really researching the truth on the right path, will stop eating GMO food and only eat wholesome and clean meat and plants. Even then, there's some people who try their best to eat wholesome but sometimes financial reasons (or just plain ignorance) prevents them...that's what grace is for. It's written that some would eat poison and not die.

You are free to disagree, this is just my 2 cents.

mecca

Superstar
The main reason for these dietary laws are that not all animals were made with the same purpose. Some are made for consumption as well as a source for clothing. Others were not. Of course plants are made in the same way. Some made for consumption and source for fibers for clothing, others are not.
You can't just make the absolute claim that an innocent life form's sole purpose is to be murdered by humans for our own personal gain.

pumkinspice

Established
You can't just make the absolute claim that an innocent life form's sole purpose is to be murdered by humans for our own personal gain.
Well, not only food but other things too. But if you don't eat meat, that's your choice. Please don't make the absolute claim that one of their purposes is not to be eaten.

mecca

Superstar
Well, not only food but other things too. But if you don't eat meat, that's your choice. Please don't make the absolute claim that one of their purposes is not to be eaten.
To humans, one of their uses is food. I do eat meat but I am not making the claim that animals were made to be killed and consumed by people. They are living beings.

pumkinspice

Established
To humans, one of their uses is food. I do eat meat but I am not making the claim that animals were made to be killed and consumed by people. They are living beings.
To an animal, an animal is also used for food...but this digresses from the topic. I'm not really interested on going back and forth on this, since we both are firmly rooted in our beliefs.

polymoog

Superstar
pumkinspice I don't know, if the same God we are talking about is the Creator (after all there are many gods, but one creator), I would think he is the master "nutritionist", as well as a master scientist, artist and whatever creative or knowledgeable profession out there, seeing he created all things.

if thats true, then someone made a big mistake when transcribing his word.

No man on this earth knows it all seeing we didn't have a hand in creation. I choose to trust God's word on what to eat as well as what not to eat. Personally, it has helped me health wise. And obviously, God doesn't condone GMOs...that kind of what the tree of Good and Evil was. In the book of Baruch, angels were said to have planted that tree. In the book of Enoch, fallen angels spliced plants and animals, and showed mankind how to do it themselves. God forbid the crossing of different seeds, both animals and plants, in the books of the law. Any one really researching the truth on the right path, will stop eating GMO food and only eat wholesome and clean meat and plants. Even then, there's some people who try their best to eat wholesome but sometimes financial reasons (or just plain ignorance) prevents them...that's what grace is for. It's written that some would eat poison and not die.

i would be very interested in seeing any religious authority preaching against GMOs through interpretation of the bible.

Lurker

Star
It's equally annoying to hear "I don't eat ____" or " I'm vegan". Just order what you'll eat. No need to explain it. Food for thought.

Dalit

Star

Some might think differently about their bacon which they prize so highly!
I agree. Pork is unclean. Have felt better since adopting Kashrut (Biblical dietary laws--no pork, no shellfish). Shellfish is a big allergen anyway for many people. It's no big loss to cut these foods out, in my opinion.