SHOCKING MUST SEE! WHY Eating PORK is BAD For HUMANS - #Pork

pumkinspice

Established
I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree with you. You are so correct that Christ doesn't condone willful sinning but you're mistaken if you think that Christians are bound by the mosaic law. Ill say it again, Jesus fulfilled the law. Fulfilling the law doesn't simply mean showing us how it's done, He met all the demands of the law therefore it no longer has any bearing over us. There's plenty of guidelines in the NT thats repeated from the OT so it isnt just a free for all. We're guided by the spirit and our actions should be reflective of Christ and his holiness, that's what sets christians apart IMO. Christianity is ultimately about your relationship with God, not with how well you follow the law because ...'for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, ' Romans 3:23. Salvation is obtain through Christ alone, nothing can add or take away from that. The pharisees criticized the disciples for not cleaning their hands, sure, but Jesus in his usual fashion answers them beyond what they question/criticize. He literally says 'There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. ' Mark 7:15

'For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 'Romans 6:14-15

'But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.' Romans 7:6

'For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.'Romans 10:4

'knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.'Galatians 2:16

Now that we're clear that we're no longer under the law let's also acknowledge that eating certain foods will not defile you spiritually.

'Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.'I Timothy 4:1-5

I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 'Romans 14:14

'Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no questions for conscience’ sake; for “the earth is the Lord ’s, and all its fullness.”'I Corinthians 10:25-26
1 John 2:3-7
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

Christ is the Word. Why would God tell us not to do something, then say "never mind, now you can". Is it so hard to have discipline and put down your crab legs and bacon?

It's amazing people will fight to disobey the law, when they usually don't give so puch back to their own government! Like the law is burdensome..Christ says his burden is not heavy. The law is good for all, physically and spiritually. Why would God have given it to us at all? It's our schoolmaster to lead us to Christ. Faith is following the commandments: faith without works is dead after all. We must make it a habit to really understand scripture and not excuse ourselves. Grace covers us before coming to the knowledge and if we slip up, which we all do. It's not Mose's law. The law was given to Moses from God himself.

I'm not gonna go back and forth when the scriptures are clear but I leave you with this:

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Matthew 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Last edited:

Violette

Star
1 John 2:3-7
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

Christ is the Word. Why would God tell us not to do something, then say "never mind, now you can". Is it so hard to have discipline and put down your crab legs and bacon?

It's amazing people will fight to disobey the law, when they usually don't give so puch back to their own government! Like the law is burdensome..Christ says his burden is not heavy. The law is good for all, physically and spiritually. Why would God have given it to us at all? It's our schoolmaster to lead us to Christ. Faith is following the commandments: faith without works is dead after all.

I'm not gonna go back and forth when the scriptures are clear but I leave you with this:

Matthew 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Youre the one who started an unnecessary argument. Jesus either fulfilled the law or he didn’t. The mosaic law was always temporary and specific to the state of Israel. You’re right though, the scriptures are clear...perhaps you’ll be able to see that someday.

pumkinspice

Established
Youre the one who started an unnecessary argument. Jesus either fulfilled the law or he didn’t. The mosaic law was always temporary and specific to the state of Israel. You’re right though, the scriptures are clear...perhaps you’ll be able to see that someday.
I don't like seeing scriptures misused. So I thought I'd comment so if someone read it, they will more scripture/information to better understand scripture and make their own choice.

Violette

Star
I don't like seeing scriptures misused. So I thought I'd comment so if someone read it, they will more scripture/information to better understand scripture and make their own choice.
Neither do I but it isn’t being misused in this instance. Defilement comes from within, not from what you put in your mouth.....I feel like you missed the point Jesus was trying to make entirely :confused:

Forever Light

Veteran
The first thing doctors usually tell people who have developed a heart problem (besides prescribing whatever drugs/poison they will put them on) is that they will from that point forward need to avoid all pork products.

They know something.

Deut. 14:8 And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it [is] unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

12:25 Thou shalt not eat it; that it may go well (good health) with thee, and with thy children after thee, when thou shalt DO [that which is] right in the eyes of the "I AM".

Last edited:

pumkinspice

Established
Neither do I but it isn’t being misused in this instance. Defilement comes from within, not from what you put in your mouth.....I feel like you missed the point Jesus was trying to make entirely :confused:
So do you think it's ok to tattoo your skin? Make cuttings in your flesh?Have familiar spirits? Use usury against your neighbor? Wear mixed fabric? Look up the dangers of synthetic fabrics. God didn't make these laws just to have "silly temporary rules". He made the earth, He made us, he was trying to tell us how to operate on earth the way he intended! You think people know about these things or can avoid mixed fabrics easily? We live in a world now where some can't easily make their own clothes. In the OT we would have been punished (cause it was easier to follow then, since clothes weren't mass produced) but now in Christ, we have grace because It's not so easy now. Satan has a tough hold on this world "the earth is given into the hand of the wicked" as Job says. Things are different in the modern world and Christ knew that, God knew that would happen. That's what grace really is.

That's why in 1 John, as I quoted above, that those who say they love him and keep not his commandments is a liar. Why are there so many scriptures that blatantly say keep the commandments, the law is established even though you can seemingly come up with just as many that says opposite? Because you and so many others are misinterpreting scriptures. Peter said this:

2 Peter 3:15-16 King James Version (KJV)

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Same thing goes today.

And you say the laws were only for Israel? Why then in the OT when a stranger went to live with Israel, they circumcised themselves, partook in the feast days and otherwise were held to the same law as the Israelites? Is God the God of the Hebrews only? Did he not create all people? He chose one to keep his law in the earth. Which is why through Abrahams seed, which is Christ, will all the nations of the earth be saved. Which is why Paul said when the gentiles come in, not to boast against the natural branches.

Are you actually reading my posts? They are little long, I apologize. But I just don't get it. When christ comes back he's coming to judge everyone and set up a righteous kingdom. There will be a law in place. Don't think I'm ignoring the spirit of the law which Christ taught. He came to be a propitiation of the sins of the people who knew the law/covenant, broke the law/covenant, and needed another chance. He fulfilled it because it was prophecied in the beginning! The OT and NT go hand in hand.

Damien50

Star
So do you think it's ok to tattoo your skin? Make cuttings in your flesh?Have familiar spirits? Use usury against your neighbor? Wear mixed fabric? Look up the dangers of synthetic fabrics. God didn't make these laws just to have "silly temporary rules". He made the earth, He made us, he was trying to tell us how to operate on earth the way he intended! You think people know about these things or can avoid mixed fabrics easily? We live in a world now where some can't easily make their own clothes. In the OT we would have been punished (cause it was easier to follow then, since clothes weren't mass produced) but now in Christ, we have grace because It's not so easy now. Satan has a tough hold on this world "the earth is given into the hand of the wicked" as Job says. Things are different in the modern world and Christ knew that, God knew that would happen. That's what grace really is.

That's why in 1 John, as I quoted above, that those who say they love him and keep not his commandments is a liar. Why are there so many scriptures that blatantly say keep the commandments, the law is established even though you can seemingly come up with just as many that says opposite? Because you and so many others are misinterpreting scriptures. Peter said this:

2 Peter 3:15-16 King James Version (KJV)

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Same thing goes today.

And you say the laws were only for Israel? Why then in the OT when a stranger went to live with Israel, they circumcised themselves, partook in the feast days and otherwise were held to the same law as the Israelites? Is God the God of the Hebrews only? Did he not create all people? He chose one to keep his law in the earth. Which is why through Abrahams seed, which is Christ, will all the nations of the earth be saved. Which is why Paul said when the gentiles come in, not to boast against the natural branches.

Are you actually reading my posts? They are little long, I apologize. But I just don't get it. When christ comes back he's coming to judge everyone and set up a righteous kingdom. There will be a law in place. Don't think I'm ignoring the spirit of the law which Christ taught. He came to be a propitiation of the sins of the people who knew the law/covenant, broke the law/covenant, and needed another chance. He fulfilled it because it was prophecied in the beginning! The OT and NT go hand in hand.
Which law and commandments do you think 1 John is referencing? James mentions the Royal Law but it isn't the law you're referencing.

pumkinspice

Established
Where in the "Royal Law" does it say break the rest? It just means in that commandment, "love your neighbor as yourself", the rest is fulfilled. Meaning if you do that, you automatically won't commit adultery, murder, use divinations, etc. The law was put there so we don't fall to Satan's devices. Most people don't know the origin of tattooing, or that horoscopes are a form of divining. You Love and honor God, you automatically don't break the other commandments. This is what Paul and other disciples meant in those scriptures Christians and others love to quote.

The only law Christ replaced was the law of sacrifice., because he was our sacrifice.

I have a question for you and Violette. What does this verse mean?

1 John 2: 7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

Damien50

Star
Where in the "Royal Law" does it say break the rest? It just means in that commandment, "love your neighbor as yourself", the rest is fulfilled. Meaning if you do that, you automatically won't commit adultery, murder, use divinations, etc. The law was put there so we don't fall to Satan's devices. Most people don't know the origin of tattooing, or that horoscopes are a form of divining. You Love and honor God, you automatically don't break the other commandments. This is what Paul and other disciples meant in those scriptures Christians and others love to quote.

The only law Christ replaced was the law of sacrifice., because he was our sacrifice.

1 John 2: 7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
The reason for even forbidding tattoos was partially due to the Hebrews previous enslavement by the Egyptians as slave masters would brand their slaves. It was a sign of ownership.

Isaiah 44:5 KJV
One shall say, I am the Lord's ; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the Lord , and surname himself by the name of Israel.

Matthew 22:37-40 KJV
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

In regards to your verse, and you could make this a group private message to not further derail, it's reiterating the law of love given in Leviticus and Matthew.

Renegade

Veteran

It doesn't mean what you're implying...

9Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.10Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in himb there is no cause for stumbling.11But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

There was no sacrifice required for breaking dietry laws... Simply wash and wait for sundown...

All sin required sacrifice, therefore, breaking dietry law could not be sin...

sim hae

Established
The reason for even forbidding tattoos was partially due to the Hebrews previous enslavement by the Egyptians as slave masters would brand their slaves. It was a sign of ownership.
I think the main reason is that ALL tattoo ink is very, very unhealthy. There are many toxic chemicals in tattoo inks that are carcinogens and endocrine disruptors. They get absorbed in the blood stream and settle anywhere in the body, but most often in the lymph nodes.
They build up over the years, so it can take decades for them to begin to visibly affect your health but it will, you just won't know what's causing your illment because unless they cut you up and actually see the built up ink they won't know it's there since they don't have any way of detecting it. Search the terms tattoo ink endocrine. You'll find a plethora of medical papers on the scary effects off tattoos which can even result in death if the accumulated ink leads to a form of cancer or if it settles in your lungs, brain or heart.

Damien50

Star
I think the main reason is that ALL tattoo ink is very, very unhealthy. There are many toxic chemicals in tattoo inks that are carcinogens and endocrine disruptors. They get absorbed in the blood stream and settle anywhere in the body, but most often in the lymph nodes.
They build up over the years, so it can take decades for them to begin to visibly affect your health but it will, you just won't know what's causing your illment because unless they cut you up and actually see the built up ink they won't know it's there since they don't have any way of detecting it. Search the terms tattoo ink endocrine. You'll find a plethora of medical papers on the scary effects off tattoos which can even result in death if the accumulated ink leads to a form of cancer or if it settles in your lungs, brain or heart.
I had read about them some years ago but there's never began conclusive evidence because even with subjects involved it's likely they already engage in risk taking behaviors so clinical studies are out. They've slogging tumours, rarely, near some tattoos but there is a lack of research and empirical data to factually acknowledge the risk of the ink especially long term.

I have sleeves/chest but I never experienced adverse reactions when I got mine or later on. I have a friend that received a bad tattoo and her skin will have keloids every so often but it seems more of a YMMV rather than concrete fact especially in light of the FDA not regulating ink. I'm not really advocating for tattoos either but for the sake of context was highlight some reasoning to God forbidding tattoos especially in such an unsanitary time period

But back to your comment, even up to last year scientist don't really know the effects add have only hypothesized not even reaching a theory let alone a conclusion. However there are companies offering safer alternatives for ink for those who wish it but ultimately there's no conclusive data to say anything beyond there might be possibly potential harm.

sim hae

Established
@Damien50 : Look them up now, you might be surprised. Or don't, your call
::whispers:: ~ Google is your friend ~ or better yet: duckduckgo
I've looked it up because I had wanted a tattoo in the past (a veeery large one) and was shocked to read some comments in two chat sections about a case of a person dying, another suffering from cancer and and one other having some rare lymph disorder (I don't remeber what it was called, it had a long name) all due to tattoo ink and I was horrified but at the same time relieved to have dodged that bullet.
Anyway, fingers crossed that your mental and physical health remain just as good in a few decades from now :). Take care!

Damien50

Star
@Damien50 : Look them up now, you might be surprised. Or don't, your call
::whispers:: ~ Google is your friend ~ or better yet: duckduckgo
I've looked it up because I had wanted a tattoo in the past (a veeery large one) and was shocked to read some comments in two chat sections about a case of a person dying, another suffering from cancer and and one other having some rare lymph disorder (I don't remeber what it was called, it had a long name) all due to tattoo ink and I was horrified but at the same time relieved to have dodged that bullet.
Anyway, fingers crossed that your mental and physical health remain just as good in a few decades from now :). Take care!
I did and there is nothing but speculation with several endocrinologist stating there might be a risk but studies would be impractical. I highly doubt those people suffered because of tattoos themselves but rather already had pre-existing conditions because there is no medical data to truly support the notion just a bunch of guessing and weak correlation. People are surrounded by endocrine disruptors and carcinogens on a daily basis that actually cause harm but there is no statistical evidence to support that tattoos are a silent killer.

Feel free to link some medical evidence though.

I don’t eat pork because I don’t like it, but I don’t think it’s necessarily bad spiritually.

I don’t get the bacon obsession, However.

There’s not much meat, and mostly fat, and by the time you fry it up, it goes from being a long thick strip to a shriveled up bookmark of cholesterol.

I do think, however, that pork rinds should be outlawed.....I’ve never been able to bring myself to eat one...they remind me of cicada moltings . :oops:

sim hae

Established
@Damien50 : They found ink in her lymph nodes:confused:. How is that weak correlation? But whatever...
Feel free to do your own homework. I'm not trying to convince anyone not to get tattoos, if they'll make an effort to do the research, they'll probably find what I did, i.e. that ink does get into the blood flow and builds up in your body, especially your lymph nodes (search for what every colour contains and how those particular substances affect the human body, some colours are a lot more harmful than others), they'll find that lab tests on animals have resulted in cancer, and a bunch of other things that I didn't bother to remember because I'd already made my choice regarding this subject early on in my research.
Since I'm not ever going to get a tattoo, I have no vested interest in this topic beyond letting anyone who was as oblivious as me, know that tattoos can actually pose a threat to your health. And I already did that so ...

there's no conclusive data to say anything beyond there might be possibly potential harm.
If I had known even just that there MIGHT, just might, be harm that can result from them, I would have NEVER even considered getting a tattoo in the first place, just for the sake of vanity. But that's just me...

Damien50

Star
@Damien50 : They found ink in her lymph nodes:confused:. How is that weak correlation? But whatever...
Feel free to do your own homework. I'm not trying to convince anyone not to get tattoos, if they'll make an effort to do the research, they'll probably find what I did, i.e. that ink does get into the blood flow and builds up in your body, especially your lymph nodes (search for what every colour contains and how those particular substances affect the human body, some colours are a lot more harmful than others), they'll find that lab tests on animals have resulted in cancer, and a bunch of other things that I didn't bother to remember because I'd already made my choice regarding this subject early on in my research.
Since I'm not ever going to get a tattoo, I have no vested interest in this topic beyond letting anyone who was as oblivious as me, know that tattoos can actually pose a threat to your health. And I already did that so ...

If I had known even just that there MIGHT, just might, be harm that can result from them, I would have NEVER even considered getting a tattoo in the first place, just for the sake of vanity. But that's just me...
No, I get where you're coming from which is why I said your mileage may vary. I saw some articles on different ink colors as to why I replied about companies offering safer ink alternatives.

There might be a chance you could get water poisoning but you will continue to drink it though. No? There's more evidence of water poisoning than there is evidence to come to a concrete conclusion on the possible but not determined long term effects of tattoos.

I wasn't trying to argue but I figured you might have some links since you presented this to me.