Sex work should be decriminalized

justjess

Superstar
Start a new thread.
The thread is “sex work should be decriminalized”

Sugar babies are a different form of prostitution. Care to explain how this is irrelevant to this thread? Unless it’s just inconvenient to certain arguments, I don’t see how it’s out of place.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
It is still prostitution. Literally the text book definition of it. I don’t see how you can claim it’s different. It’s sex in exchange for money or other financial incentives.
I aint say it aint prostitution. I just said its different. A primary difference being the legal grey-area it exists in.....

morita

Veteran
source

Last year, Trump had signed a set of controversial bills intended to make it easier to cut down on illegal sex trafficking online
named SESTA/FOSTA. Now, sex workers say that they have broadly been forced offline, making their work far less safe.

"In the days immediately after the bill passed in Congress, platforms started scrambling to proactively shut down forums or
whole sites where sex trafficking could feasibly happen.

One of the websites key to the FOSTA debate was Backpage, a site where users posted advertisements, frequently for sexual services.

Lola, a community organizer, told me in a Signal message that this is literally a life-or-death law for sex workers.
“I know so many people who were able to start working indoors or leave their exploitative situations because of Backpage
and Craigslist,” she said. “They were able to screen for clients and keep themselves safe and save up money to leave the people exploiting them. And now that those sites are down, people are going back to pimps. Pimps are texting providers every day saying
‘the game’s changed. You need me.’”

In the lead-up to the passage of Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act / Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act last year, advocacy groups and
sex workers rallied over how the bills could make them less safe by forcing sex workers off the internet where they build
communities, screen potential clients for threats, and negotiate the terms of their work with others."

saki

Star
Tampa, FL: (VIDEO) White Children Groomed, Branded Like Cattle & Sold for Sex by Gangs
Dean Garrison
January 23, 2020

Yet again an important American news story is coming out of The UK.
Funny how this isn’t important enough to bother most of our “news” networks in America.
The Albion Times (UK) reports on the gang controlled child sex trafficking happening in Florida.

PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — Human trafficking victims are being branded and sold for sex in the Tampa Bay area, ABC’s I-Team found.
Those working with victims told I-Team Investigator Kylie McGivern those permanent markings can often remain with trafficking victims even after they are rescued. The victims are all young white girls, some being raped by more than 10 men one after each other every day.

“It’s like branding cattle,” said Cpl. Alan Wilkett, who leads Pasco County’s human trafficking task force. “It’s an ownership mark. Branding is when somebody — a pimp or a trafficker — will put his mark or his symbol or his sign on his victims through some sort of tattoo.”
Wilkett said deputies know how to spot the red flags of someone being sold for sex but sometimes rarely act.

“Some of the things we’re seeing are pictures — maybe a lion’s head or it may be the street name of the pimp who’s running a street track,” said Wilkett. “It could be numbers. Using certain numbers, like 16 because ‘P’ is the 16th letter of the alphabet — it means I’m being pimped.”

Wilkett told ABC’s I-Team he just saw the tattoo recently at a local gas station.
“A girl at the cash register with an XVI running from behind her ear and down her neck — 16,” said Wilkett. “Looked out the window and there’s her pimp, sitting in the vehicle. So this is happening.”
In some trafficking cases, the tattoo could be a barcode.

“These barcodes are written in such a way by these tattoos and tattoo artists, that if you scan that with your smartphone it’ll tell you she’s $25 or she’s $30,” said Wilkett. “The one that I saw was $30.”

Wilkett said the one he saw was on a victim in her early 20’s staying in an area safehouse.
“Her response to that was that’s what I’m worth. I am worth $30,” said Wilkett.

Natasha Nascimento, the founding executive director of Redefining Refuge, a local non-profit working with victims of child sex trafficking, said she’s seen children branded and a majority of the tattoos are done professionally.
“The youngest child I’ve seen — I believe she was probably somewhere around 11-years-old — she had dollar signs… tattooed onto both of her eyelids,” said Nascimento.

...More…

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Tampa, FL: (VIDEO) White Children Groomed, Branded Like Cattle & Sold for Sex by Gangs
Dean Garrison
January 23, 2020

Yet again an important American news story is coming out of The UK.
Funny how this isn’t important enough to bother most of our “news” networks in America.
The Albion Times (UK) reports on the gang controlled child sex trafficking happening in Florida.

PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — Human trafficking victims are being branded and sold for sex in the Tampa Bay area, ABC’s I-Team found.
Those working with victims told I-Team Investigator Kylie McGivern those permanent markings can often remain with trafficking victims even after they are rescued. The victims are all young white girls, some being raped by more than 10 men one after each other every day.

“It’s like branding cattle,” said Cpl. Alan Wilkett, who leads Pasco County’s human trafficking task force. “It’s an ownership mark. Branding is when somebody — a pimp or a trafficker — will put his mark or his symbol or his sign on his victims through some sort of tattoo.”
Wilkett said deputies know how to spot the red flags of someone being sold for sex but sometimes rarely act.

“Some of the things we’re seeing are pictures — maybe a lion’s head or it may be the street name of the pimp who’s running a street track,” said Wilkett. “It could be numbers. Using certain numbers, like 16 because ‘P’ is the 16th letter of the alphabet — it means I’m being pimped.”

Wilkett told ABC’s I-Team he just saw the tattoo recently at a local gas station.
“A girl at the cash register with an XVI running from behind her ear and down her neck — 16,” said Wilkett. “Looked out the window and there’s her pimp, sitting in the vehicle. So this is happening.”
In some trafficking cases, the tattoo could be a barcode.

“These barcodes are written in such a way by these tattoos and tattoo artists, that if you scan that with your smartphone it’ll tell you she’s $25 or she’s $30,” said Wilkett. “The one that I saw was $30.”

Wilkett said the one he saw was on a victim in her early 20’s staying in an area safehouse.
“Her response to that was that’s what I’m worth. I am worth $30,” said Wilkett.

Natasha Nascimento, the founding executive director of Redefining Refuge, a local non-profit working with victims of child sex trafficking, said she’s seen children branded and a majority of the tattoos are done professionally.
“The youngest child I’ve seen — I believe she was probably somewhere around 11-years-old — she had dollar signs… tattooed onto both of her eyelids,” said Nascimento.

...More…

Oh Mah GAWD!!!!!! Ah knows its a-happanin to all races, but by God almighty..... WONT SOMEONE THANK OF OUR WHAITE CHILD-EDRENS? WHERES WHAITE JEBUSUS TO SAVE EM ALL?!?!?!

Reactions: 000

Lisa

Superstar
Oh Mah GAWD!!!!!! Ah knows its a-happanin to all races, but by God almighty..... WONT SOMEONE THANK OF OUR WHAITE CHILD-EDRENS? WHERES WHAITE JEBUSUS TO SAVE EM ALL?!?!?!
Looks like everyone likes to sexually abuse white girls...

polyxerxes

Rookie
I think every country should follow the nordic model where selling sex is legal but buying is illegal. It's meant to protect the prostitutes and prevent them from being trafficked etc. Also, buying sex, even if the person selling it is doing it out of free will, is still assault. you can't buy consent. Period. I'm really shocked by the fact that lib-fems have been able to sell the 'sex work is work' thing. You're not working, you're being paid to consent to your own r*pe. I don't understand why or how it would be liberating for anyone, especially women, to sell their bodies. It is the most anti-feminist thing ever. As long as we live in a world where human bodies can be bought, trafficking (and everything that comes with that, eg. p***philia, surrogacy, the adoption industry) will be pushed as norm and will not be eradicated.

Attachments

Lisa

Superstar
I think every country should follow the nordic model where selling sex is legal but buying is illegal. It's meant to protect the prostitutes and prevent them from being trafficked etc. Also, buying sex, even if the person selling it is doing it out of free will, is still assault. you can't buy consent. Period. I'm really shocked by the fact that lib-fems have been able to sell the 'sex work is work' thing. You're not working, you're being paid to consent to your own r*pe. I don't understand why or how it would be liberating for anyone, especially women, to sell their bodies. It is the most anti-feminist thing ever. As long as we live in a world where human bodies can be bought, trafficking (and everything that comes with that, eg. p***philia, surrogacy, the adoption industry) will be pushed as norm and will not be eradicated.
How can selling sex be legal but buying it illegal? Shouldn’t the buyer be legal too?

Lisa

Superstar
men like to abuse girls/women period doesn’t have a race qualifier
Yes but in Britain muslim men have r*pe gangs where they abuse white girls and tempest posted something about white girls in Tampa suffering the same...which is why my comment.

Lisa

Superstar
We hurt who we are closest to so Muslim men will undoubtedly hurt Muslim girls more. Just as white men will hurt white girls more and so on down the line. Most abuse comes in family btw so there’s that to remember.

Now as far as it goes trafficking wise, white girls might cost more but that’s because whites are a minority world wise and tend to come from more affluent countries and therefore find themselves less likely to be trafficked. It’s just economics.

your comment wasn’t just pointing something out but rather and expression of your deep seated white supremacist views and racism.
You’d think it’s like that...however I think muslim men hate all women and don’t care which ones they hurt, whether it be their own wives or daughters. But the ones in England are now known for hurting white girls over their own.

No my comment was going on to prove that white girls aren’t so privileged that they don’t get attacked, they do...sex trafficking isn’t just the poorest and brownest peoples.

morita

Veteran
No one talked about feminist or women liberation but since you mentionned it it's still a woman's choice. I mean there is a world of difference between doing sex work off your own volition and doing it because you can't find any other job, but still.
If we start saying that sex work is immoral because it involves the exchange of money, then where do we draw the line? For some people any sexual act that happens outside of marriage is immoral too. Everyone has their own idea of what is moral and what is immoral.

Consent means agreeing to particpate in sex, fact that someone consents only under the exchange of money doesn't make consent less valuable. Some people only engage in sex if their date pays for dinner, or pays them a wedding ring, etc...

Reactions: 000

Lisa

Superstar
No one talked about feminist or women liberation but since you mentionned it it's still a woman's choice
We women make a lot of bad choices for our lives.

If we start saying that sex work is immoral because it involves the exchange of money, then where do we draw the line? For some people any sexual act that happens outside of marriage is immoral too. Everyone has their own idea of what is moral and what is immoral.
Probably because God doesn’t like sex outside of marriage..one man/ one woman ideal.

Consent means agreeing to particpate in sex, fact that someone consents only under the exchange of money doesn't make consent less valuable. Some people only engage in sex if their date pays for dinner, or pays them a wedding ring, etc...
Sad commentary all the way around.

polyxerxes

Rookie
No one talked about feminist or women liberation but since you mentionned it it's still a woman's choice.
I didn't read the whole thread cuz am lazy but how could a discussion about 'sex work' possibly take place without mentioning feminism or women's liberation when a majority of SWs are female and a majority of buyers are male?

I mean there is a world of difference between doing sex work off your own volition and doing it because you can't find any other job, but still.
There's not a world of a difference because it happens in the same world and it affects the same humans. The only reason women can even sell their bodies to begin with is because of patriarchal structures. A woman who sells her body isn't doing anything wrong, she is just trying to survive. I never said that she is immoral. The person who thinks he can buy his way into a body is immoral because buying someone reduces them to an object. Most women who sell sex have some type of past trauma. I can assure you that pretty much no one actually wants to have sex with strangers for money. That concept in itself is immoral.

uhh if you only agree to having sex with someone in exchange for something else you're literally not consenting to the sex. You're consenting to getting the thing in return. Consent cannot be bought. Humans are not stock.