Self-abuse Is Sinful And Unhealthy

Etagloc

Superstar
My last thread exposing the evils of self-abuse and exploring the possibility of it causing pregancy of the hand was locked due to people acting crazy. Let us be impartial, fair and balanced, and let us denounce the evils of self-abuse. If you don't know what self-abuse is, please talk to a doctor.

Thanks for this picture, aside from the giant Jesus which really doesn't make sense, since there's nothing like unto God Almighty in any way.

We are indeed really insignificant creatures and i believe the reason why we shouldn't abuse ourselves is because sex is to be respected.

God Is Watching us at all times and if we wouldn't dare do such an act in front of our parents, then why should we ever do it at all?

Aero

Superstar
I disagree. Sex should be respected yes, but it should NOT be shunned, or shamed. A person who doesn't know themselves, or specifically. A person who doesn't know themselves sexually is 100x more dangerous. A lot of crimes come from repressed sexual energy, that has been building up for too long.

People should be encouraged to explore themselves. Anything less is simply contributing to every single sexual offense that occurs.

If one knows God Almighty, one will ultimately know him/herself.

Sex is never shunned or shamed when you remain conscious of God Almighty Watching you at each and every moment.

You rather maintain the innate sense of shyness that's in you. You won't do immoral things. You will rather fear to transgress any limit.

Etagloc

Superstar
I thought you meant, from the title, things like cutting. As to what you were really talking about, why? In a world with the problems we have, this is not/should not be an issue. My opinion.
Considering all the energy spent on trying to regulate gender pronouns...

DeathlyHallows

Established
Well I'm not married to my partner...he's a man, I'm a woman. We have 2 kids, I masturbate, believe in God, and yet don't go to church. In my opinion Christians are hypocrites, and this site prooves that everyday. So I'm gonna go kids my illegitimate offspring, have relations with my non husband with a vibrater. Judge not lest ye be judged people. God can judge we can't.

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
My last thread exposing the evils of self-abuse and exploring the possibility of it causing pregancy of the hand was locked due to people acting crazy. Let us be impartial, fair and balanced, and let us denounce the evils of self-abuse. If you don't know what self-abuse is, please talk to a doctor.
Well, either that or it is because the topic was dumb to create a discussion on. I agree with @DeathlyHallows, I thought this was about self harm at first, which would have been a must more legitimate discussion. However, your title would have been offensive if that were the case.

Either way, in Leviticus 15:16 it says, "'When a man has an emission of semen, he must bathe his whole body with water, and he will be unclean till evening."

It doesn't say that he sinned and so we should throw stones at him. It doesn't say shun him until evening and make him feel ashamed. It says he will be unclean until evening, so mind your own business. This is something for this man to personally reflect on during that time because it is relevant to the change that happened to humanity when Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

There was a rule about this in the Old Testament that did not read "masturbation is self abuse and sinful." That is absolutely ridiculous. This is not a social issue that needs to be discussed. If you are struggling with your own conscious about this, I would suggest talking privately with a pastor or reading the Bible. Treatment for this includes contemplation, not self-flogging and public humiliation according to Bible.

Maybe it would be good to try to create topics that are actually create a climate of intelligent discussion. This is like responding to a 16-year-old Puritan who has run out of interesting things to say.

Masturbation is a total lack of respect for God Almighty, Who's Always Watching us and Who's Nearer to us than our own jugular veins.

Like, doesn't one feel ashamed when he/she has attained orgasm? Like was that really the point of doing it at all? Mere pleasure?

I'd feel ashamed afterwards and resolve never to do it again. Finally, God Will Grant you the Strength to see that abstinence>self-indulgence.