Seemingly Innocent Cartoons

BeemBow

Star
Well the only thing that can be apparent to anyone studying the symbol of the unicorn is how undefined it is, from this to that folk tale it changes its meaning based on what the folks using it imagined it to mean. For plenty of time it was seen as an allegory of christ and that story about the virgin was seen as an allegory of Christ entering the womb of virgin Mary so as to be born in human form. I am sure there are also alchemical allegories (if I had to guess at their meaning they probably have to do with something like the unity of spirit and matter, or will and form etc etc)... Though as it is with any symbol there are some basic ideas and associations that are universal and that act as a seed into which a thousand offshoots can branch. If you want you can definitely find a more base sexual offshoot among them. That is not how it is used in the book however.
The article you presented does not seem to be very good, nor is it well researched or balanced. But hey, populist notions sell - sex and all that spicy stuff. For what it matters - how one uses a symbol shows much about his character. A symbol is in many ways like a mirror, a representation of your own soul fixed upon a certain idea.
And by "spell" you mean what?
Allegory of Christ? Are you kidding, that's something attributed to the anti-christ more than a christ figure if you ask me.

amaranthine

Established
I really had no idea, and it's really interesting actually.
It is isn't it? I mean that's what I'm trying to get at. The satanists might use the symbol of the unicorn in the most vulgar way possible - to bring the human mind to its most base instinctual level whereas the same symbol can be used to mean something beautiful - yet even here the point of the Last Unicorn book is that no matter how elevated and refined your thinking can be, when you obsessively loose touch with reality while chasing such elevated things, you can bring a lot of darkness and suffering into the world, especially to those around you - namely king Haggard and those closest to him as well as the unicorns he imprisons.

BeemBow

Star
Your point? I don't like the sequence but it is not symbolical. I don't remember it well but it was probably Schmendrick failing his spell casting because of him not getting his mental focus under control.
I would not let my kids watch it. Not this. They can learn about unicorns but not with this mess.

BeemBow

Star
It is isn't it? I mean that's what I'm trying to get at. The satanists might use the symbol of the unicorn in the most vulgar way possible - to bring the human mind to its most base instinctual level whereas the same symbol can be used to mean something beautiful - yet even here the point of the Last Unicorn book is that no matter how elevated and refined your thinking can be, when you obsessively loose touch with reality while chasing such elevated things, you can bring a lot of darkness and suffering into the world, especially to those around you - namely king Haggard and those closest to him as well as the unicorns he imprisons.
The scenes with bare-breasts and the scene with the tree...I mean it's hard to be ok with that for me. I understand what the darker forces in the world like to do, inverted is their world. I do agree that we must be able to not turn everything into a monster.

Seekeroftruth55

Established
It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that we see all this unicorn stuff within the last five years or so come out for children. Seeing all the toys and stuffed animals, and pictures of unicorns on clothes and such, something wicked is at play, here.

Vmort

Star
It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that we see all this unicorn stuff within the last five years or so come out for children. Seeing all the toys and stuffed animals, and pictures of unicorns on clothes and such, something wicked is at play, here.
IN ARYAN myth unicorn is symbol of purity and innocence. Unicorns are symbols of children -- pure and innocence.

Seekeroftruth55

Established
IN ARYAN myth unicorn is symbol of purity and innocence. Unicorns are symbols of children -- pure and innocence.
Hmm ok. Kinda odd, considering. Makes no sense they are promoting something that apparently is supposed to be positive. Is it one of those things they are trying to make a positive thing a negative? This is what I'm not sure of.

BeemBow

Star
Non-Binary - what? This is weird, just weird, I never questioned any of this when I was a child in the 90's. It's freaking stressing just reading what these children get broadcasted into their little minds. I don't know how I feel about this article or the view point.

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.44.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.44.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.43.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.43.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.43.40 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.43.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.43.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.44.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-05 at 9.44.13 AM.png