Seeing in low light

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
I have a question. More like a poll. But I’ve learned that humans don’t have the ability like cats to see in low lighting. Cats apparently have something called tapetum lucidum that enhances night vision I. Low light.

I want to know if any one else can do this? At night I sleep in darkness the only light is the little green light on the smoke detector in my room. That little light feels like the room illuminates. When I eyes adjust I see reflective lights or both my iris’s, they reflect like how you see cat eyes in the dark and then all of a sudden I can see pretty clear. Enough to navigate a room. I’m wondering if anyone else has this type of vision in this type of lighting?

Bacsi

Star
I can't tell, there' s always plenty of light coming in though the windows day or night

sim hae

Established
@UnspokenSoliloquy: Am I reading this right, your eyes glow in the dark?

I think everyone's eyes if given a few seconds to adjust, can see in the dark of the night. But I've never heard of reflective eyes in humans.

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
@UnspokenSoliloquy: Am I reading this right, your eyes glow in the dark?

I think everyone's eyes if given a few seconds to adjust, can see in the dark of the night. But I've never heard of reflective eyes in humans.
No that’s what I see when my eyes are adjusting reflecting light in the shape of my iris, they don’t glow.