Secrets Of The Vatican

SkepticCat

Veteran

[Pomodoro: "Sphere within Sphere"]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_Secret_Archives

The reality of the concepts of some of these 'conspiracy theories' casts the Vatican institution and its secrets in an entirely new light. I've never accepted the pope's authority - nor have I ever considered it acceptable that the Vatican is known to hold theological documents that are not accessible to the public pertaining to billions of people's religion. The concept of secrecy surrounding theological matters is openly authoritarian, oddly archaic, and stands in diametrical opposition to the ideas brought on by the Enlightenment and the very notion of democracy that society pretends to hold dear.

Of course, the Vatican rulers couldn't care less what I think - not until I bring millions of like-minded people also demanding answers, that is... which isn't about to happen.

Qualified scholars from institutions of higher education pursuing scientific researches, with an adequate knowledge of archival research, may apply for an entry card. Scholars need an introductory letter by either a recognized institute of research or by a suitably qualified person in the field of historical research. Applicants need to specify their personal data (name, address etc.) as well as the purpose of their research. Undergraduate students are not admitted.
Parts of the Secret Archives remain truly secret, however: some materials are still prohibited for outside viewing, including everything dated after 1939.
- wikipedia article

- in other words, the Vatican decides who is qualified enough to get to browse through its library despite the fact this library contains documents that are relevant to everyone. Other documents are completely confidential and inaccessible. You want to know about Jesus? Too bad, you're not qualified enough. What do you think Jesus would think of such an exclusive system? Did He exclude anyone?

Who knows what they're not telling us? How significant are the contents of this vast library's documents to our theological beliefs? I can understand why they may not wish to permit just anybody to enter this library due to the obvious risk of vandalism and so on - but why is it that in this era of all-encompassing digitalization and despite the Vatican's humongous wealth the entire set of documents has not been digitized and made publically available? Why must this 'secret' library's contents be so jealously guarded if the Vatican institution's intentions are so noble? Do you trust these 'holy men' on deciding what's best for you not to know about?

Last edited:

King David

Established
Good info... They don't want anyone rummaging through the Vatican halls, because whoever does will discover that the Catholics were the ones who Really authored the New Testament.

Shalom

Lady

Star
This evil NT (sarcasm) even goes so far as to instruct the followers of Jesus Christ to...gasp...love thy neighbor (as is shown in the verses below)!

Matt. 25:43-45
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

JoChris

Superstar
Good info... They don't want anyone rummaging through the Vatican halls, because whoever does will discover that the Catholics were the ones who Really authored the New Testament.

Shalom
New Testament completed by end of 1st century AD *echo*
Roman Catholic Church created when Christianity made an official religion in 325 AD *echo echo*.

JoChris

Superstar
Skepticcat, I agree that it looks very bad. It makes what a faith which claims to be the true Christian church look like a secret society.

Showing everything that the Vatican is hiding would make very interesting reading on Wikileaks.

Last edited: