Secrets Of Kabbalah-documentary

None, as I said a few times in this thread alreasy, I'm only informing myself of it as not to be ignorant of what it is. As I said before in this thread but I will say it again, the next time someone mentions Kabballah, I don't want to be ignorant of not knowing what they're talking about, that is it. Just to be informed.
to simplify it
look at the tree of life, ie the sephirots
there central vertical line of sephirots (4 or 5 depending on whether you count the 4th) represents 5 levels of consciousness.
the middle 3 of those also have a corresponding left and right side which represent the yin/yang passing/active aspect of them
that is all it is

aside from that if you break it down into higher/lower/left right you get 4 directions and from those you get the 4 seasons (related to astrology), the 4 humors and basically the tarot.

much of what's in kabballah deals with numerology of letters (ie the abjad are the same in hebrew as they are in arabic)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abjad_numerals
this is a trickier subject to learn but it's all part of a system meant to program certain key ideas into the subconscious that correspond to a particular sephirot you want to experience.
still how do we connect, say, the names of God to 1 particular sephirot? this is all just imaginary, it's whatever you want it to be.

it's a system that applies to anyone not just jews since it deals with metaphysics.

however there's also a lot of misinformation and rubbish here too.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Is it only me who thinks it odd that the Kabbalah is the search for the Tree of Life, the thing that God kept fallen man from 'lest they eat of it and live forever' ?

There is enough deception out there without going looking for it ;-)

rainerann

Star
Is it only me who thinks it odd that the Kabbalah is the search for the Tree of Life, the thing that God kept fallen man from 'lest they eat of it and live forever' ?

There is enough deception out there without going looking for it ;-)
This is where I think Kabbalah gets new-agey. The tree of life is one part that gets put in books that are of a readable length and around 150 pages.

The Kabbalah is much, much longer and has to do with many, many things that I think a bunch of Jews came up with because they were bored and had too much time on their hands in their role as priests. They basically became busy-bodies instead. So basically, the Kabbalah is just another way for them to sound wise before others. It isn't entirely about finding the tree of life as much as it is about finding restoration and a different Messiah. The tree of life gets used a lot in the sources that I see about the subject that don't often mention the Zohar. To me, it is really like there are two Kabbalah's: A modern Kabbalah, and a Jewish Kaballah.