Scientists find a link between low intelligence and Conspiracies

JuveFan

Rookie
paranormal and alternative medicine.

PhD candidate Gordon Pennycook and a team of researchers from the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada, tested hundreds of participants to make the link, detailing their findings in a paper entitled 'On the reception and detection of pseudo-profound bulls***', which mentions the word 'bulls***' exactly 200 times (surely some sort of record)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-find-a-link-between-low-intelligence-and-acceptance-of-pseudo-profound-bulls-a6757731.html

JuveFan

Rookie
counterintuitive
Your signature says CIA Meme Warfare. Thus innocent memes made by teenagers are also a conspiracy to you, since you can't understand the viewpoint of others due to a lower IQ.

mecca

Superstar
Your signature says CIA Meme Warfare. Thus innocent memes made by teenagers are also a conspiracy to you, since you can't understand the viewpoint of others due to a lower IQ.
No, I think it's funny that the cia is interested in memes, because memes are a weird/funny internet thing and for them to be tied with the US government is just amusing. You seem a bit hostile, you should back off.

JuveFan

Rookie
No, I think it's funny that the cia is interested in memes, because memes are a weird/funny internet thing and for them to be tied with the US government is just amusing. You seem a bit hostile, you should back off.
The CIA would never be involved in Memes, except to stop the Russian propaganda. Our country needs solidity now, and anyone who believes in conspiracies is a traitor

JuveFan

Rookie
They talked about the "vault 7 leaks" but why would they get detailed in such things?
They have investigative journalists who are able to investigate stuff. So your source is stupid Youtube videos that you believe?

mecca

Superstar
They have investigative journalists who are able to investigate stuff. So your source is stupid Youtube videos that you believe?
Ok... and no, I have not seen any youtube videos.
I don't know what your point is...

SO that paper is bulls*** lol

"University of Waterloo undergraduates (N= 280, 58 male,222 female, M age= 20.9,SDage= 4.8) volunteered to takepart in the study in return for course credit"

Females are over-represented, not a lot of age diversification, regional bias (at one school), sample size is really small (statistically significant, still n>30, but not by much), self-selection bias....I am sure I could find more, but I only looked at the beginning of the Method section and decided I had already seen enough

Second Study:
"A total of 198 participants (98 male, 100 female, M age = 36, SD age = 11.4) were recruited from Amazon’s Mechan-ical Turk in return for pay. Only American residents were permitted to sign up for the study. All participants reported speaking fluent English"

Anyone want to guess the biases in this study? lol

The Zone

Star
Uhm, people have been dumbed down and watch unintelligible TV shows, listen to crappy music and waste life away on gadgets ignoring the intense detail of nature itself. The point...what is so different in that peeps are not always showing off their bright side in life in anything. Granted, there are some serious kooks following conspiracies, just like any other subject matter you can bring up.

Etagloc

Superstar
Questioning things is a sign if intelligence. I'm not gonna believe some experts' appeal to to authority over my own eyes. Once you stop believing the reality of your own experience, it gets weird. And dangerous.