Saving Charlie Gard

Lurker

Star
The child is in pain and suffering. Brain dead with no hoped of recovery
I don't think that's possible. One of the tests for brain death is response, or lack thereof, to painful stimuli.
ok to have sex with your kids right?
No, sex is for consenting adults.
You can't just do whatever u want to a child because they share your genetic code
The State doesn't even share that, but, with guns, gets the final say.

Sad story all around. In the end, I side with the parents.

justjess

Superstar
What exactly is the state doing to your children by gun point?

And my apologoes he has extreme brain damage, not brain death

Last edited:

Devine

Star
This is about individual rights, the right for Charlie not to suffer. His parents can't accept that he is dying, and want to make him a medical experiment. Even if by some small chance they can save his life what will be the quality of that life?

Keeping him alive is child torture, and you guys are against that right?
yes

Devine

Star
ok then that's not what i meant i just meant that all medical decisions for children should get to be made solely by the parents. IMO of course

justjess

Superstar
ok then that's not what i meant i just meant that all medical decisions for children should get to be made solely by the parents. IMO of course
I get what your saying.. in practice though it isn't always so easy. There have been numerous cases of parents withholding basic medical care from their children resulting in their unnecessary deaths. Or applying quack medicine again resulting in their unnecessary deaths.. does your opinion still stand in relation to cases like these?

Lurker

Star
I get what your saying.. in practice though it isn't always so easy. There have been numerous cases of parents withholding basic medical care from their children resulting in their unnecessary deaths. Or applying quack medicine again resulting in their unnecessary deaths.. does your opinion still stand in relation to cases like these?
Do you have anything to back up those claims?

justjess

Superstar
Do any of you read the news??

Yes a career in child protective services that spanned quite a number of years.

And if you give me a little while I'll post some articles. I'm sorry I just assume these things are common knowledge when apparantly they aren't - in my defense they are in the circles I travel in, but that's likely due to my profession.

Last edited:

Lurker

Star

justjess

Superstar
How do I know it's real? Because Iinvestigated the cases myself, no one had to tell me anything nor would I have believed them if that's not what the facts showed. My "checks being signed" was never an issue. How will I prove that to YOU? I can't. Which is the entire crux of my problem.

I will say this.. there's some sort of phobia with anything involving state institutions around here that seems pervasive.. which I understand on one level, these systems are typically fatally flawed not various ways. However that does not mean that everything you are told is a lie either.

Especially with medical neglect cases, the state doesn't typically get involved until it's either extremely severe or a death has already occurred. These cases by law are confidential and the state can't even release information so the info you are getting which you are doubting is often coming from journalists, the family themselves, and criminal court proceedings. Not the state.

Also look up manchausens syndrome. I'll be back with articles.

Lurker

Star