Satanism Explained

rainerann

Star
WHY IS SATAN SO IMPORTANT TO THE OCCULT WHAT ARE THE ORGINS AND IDEOLOGIES
Because people are competitive and the presence of a religion like Christianity rubs people the wrong way who don't think religion is necessary or don't like a certain religion like Christianity in particular. Therefore, satanism is a way of kind of flipping Christianity off in a manner of speaking by using the term for the enemy. People don't like that Christianity still exists. Many people have been killed because they wanted to end Christianity and the size of the religion offends people. So I do think it is more competitive in nature than anything else. It would make sense to me that it was an atheistic entity or at least wants to believe they are. Atheists who hate organized religion. Atheists essentially harassing religious people with the title of their identity. Couldn't pick a simple name to represent themselves. Nope they pick the antagonist of a different religion making them seem like very angry, embittered people who haven't been able to move on from the last time a church member invited them to a potluck and asked if they wanted to be baptized and accept Jesus as lord and savior. How dare they think they could do something like that right?

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
Because people are competitive and the presence of a religion like Christianity rubs people the wrong way who don't think religion is necessary or don't like a certain religion like Christianity in particular. Therefore, satanism is a way of kind of flipping Christianity off in a manner of speaking by using the term for the enemy. People don't like that Christianity still exists. Many people have been killed because they wanted to end Christianity and the size of the religion offends people. So I do think it is more competitive in nature than anything else. It would make sense to me that it was an atheistic entity or at least wants to believe they are. Atheists who hate organized religion. Atheists essentially harassing religious people with the title of their identity. Couldn't pick a simple name to represent themselves. Nope they pick the antagonist of a different religion making them seem like very angry, embittered people who haven't been able to move on from the last time a church member invited them to a potluck and asked if they wanted to be baptized and accept Jesus as lord and savior. How dare they think they could do something like that right?
I was going to respond this but there is no need to repeat what I have been saying this entire thread.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
If I'm following right, I agree with Paranoia. Satanism isn't about a rebellion from God. There may be some sects that actually do think that way, but that isn't about what the Satan archetype is. From my experience it's just pure selfishness. God isn't in the equation it's about needs, or extreme wants. I have the power to take whatever I can, because Satan.

And I'm not totally sure what to believe about Lucifer yet. I've seen the destruction from the Lightbringer. But so what? I've seen destruction come from everywhere. Everything gets destroyed or decays, except the Sun. So maybe they are onto something there. People and institutions are so much less likely to change, or challenge authority because of religion and those damn rationalists. Some of you may be happy with the world the way it is, but I'm not.
Then, <logically>, the term "Satanists" would be a misnomer, no? They should instead call themselves occultist. Satan rebelled against God in Heaven and was cast out for it. So if they are "satanists" then they LITERALLY follow Satan then. The fallen one. If they are not following Satan (as their group name implies), then they should rather call themselves "occultists". That would fit better. But logically speaking, the narrative about their name and doctrine cannot be changed to satisfy some internet discussion. They have proclaimed themselves "satanists" and named their "church" the Church of Satan so...If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck man...BTW, Satan and Lucifer are the same thing, but the name Lucifer is a mistranslation-check it out... (<>..<>)

Aero

Superstar
Then, <logically>, the term "Satanists" would be a misnomer, no? They should instead call themselves occultist. Satan rebelled against God in Heaven and was cast out for it. So if they are "satanists" then they LITERALLY follow Satan then. The fallen one. If they are not following Satan (as their group name implies), then they should rather call themselves "occultists". That would fit better. But logically speaking, the narrative about their name and doctrine cannot be changed to satisfy some internet discussion. They have proclaimed themselves "satanists" and named their "church" the Church of Satan so...If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck man...BTW, Satan and Lucifer are the same thing, but the name Lucifer is a mistranslation-check it out... (<>..<>)
Yeah Idk why Lavey chose the term Satan to describe his thing. And Idk why Luciferians picked the term Lucifer for that matter. They aren't retooling the concept, but they are stealing the name. I can state definitively though that Bible Satan, and Lavey Satan are different. Just as different as the Gods of every other religion.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
I really get into these Vulcan mind on mind discussions but it plays hell with getting any work done around here ya know LOL...Oh well, better a dusty house than a dusty mind I suppose-but I really gotta go feed my dogs lest The Canine Mutiny occur
Screenshot_5.png

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I really do not care what you think of me to be honest...Your total and complete lack of the subject shows through completely...I am no bot I am just some one you cannot snow with all your scriptural references and general religious BS...Now if you would like to discuss the subject at hand and continue to show your lack of knowledge thats fine. But this is the last time I reply to any of your posts..Please have a nice day...
The power of text! I was using an analogy merely to point out that irrespective of what I might think, you are a real person.

It may well be that some 'satanists' are ironic in their 'worship', that does not make the existence of an actual Satan more or less true.

Sorry to have caused offence in the way I made that point.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Just a note to @Paranoia Daily - I know we have a different perspective but I don't do flame wars. I am new to forums so I just tell it as I see it.

The point I was trying to get over is that I understand there may well be ironic atheist satanists out there. I think at least one of my friends on Facebook is. I also, through experience, know that there are other satanists who invert the whole biblical narrative as though it were a book of North Korean propaganda written against the true god of this world.

I also think that the atheist satanist message is being exploited by some real satanists to further their in roads into culture and public acceptance. Whilst perhaps most modern satanists may be of the atheistic form, the same essential objective is being worked towards.

Daciple

Star
It doesnt seem many people here know much about Satanism or Luciferianism, the only person I saw that spoke closest to what either are is observer on page one. Paranoia Daily said somethings that are close to correct but to say neither Satanism or Luciferianism are belief systems that are antagonistic or antithetical to Christianity and the God of Christianity is completely incorrect. Might want to try reading from Luciferians and Satanists, because they outright say they are against the God of the Bible, making Him to be Evil.

And there isn't really a popular Luciferian movement for us to study much.
Theosophy, the Religion of the Elite, which is simply just the Ancient Mystery Religions renamed for this Modern Era, of which is the root of both Lucifierianism and Satanism...

Its late or I would start quoting from actual authors who are self proclaimed Luciferians and Satanists as to what they believe but I assure you that they believe Satan/Lucifer is real and that He is the True God and are in rebellion to YHWH whom they call Evil..

Aero

Superstar
It doesnt seem many people here know much about Satanism or Luciferianism, the only person I saw that spoke closest to what either are is observer on page one. Paranoia Daily said somethings that are close to correct but to say neither Satanism or Luciferianism are belief systems that are antagonistic or antithetical to Christianity and the God of Christianity is completely incorrect. Might want to try reading from Luciferians and Satanists, because they outright say they are against the God of the Bible, making Him to be Evil.

Theosophy, the Religion of the Elite, which is simply just the Ancient Mystery Religions renamed for this Modern Era, of which is the root of both Lucifierianism and Satanism...

Its late or I would start quoting from actual authors who are self proclaimed Luciferians and Satanists as to what they believe but I assure you that they believe Satan/Lucifer is real and that He is the True God and are in rebellion to YHWH whom they call Evil..
Well the Satanic Bible is pretty clear. And Theosophy sounds more like Gnosticism than Luciferian. But of course if a person adamantly believes in 1 god than all other religions are false gospels, or a retold story of your religious narrative. I don't think that gives credit to humanities ability to create. We create new things all the time, and not just rehashing something else either.

Paranoia Daily

Veteran

Paranoia Daily said somethings that are close to correct but to say neither Satanism or Luciferianism are belief systems that are antagonistic or antithetical to Christianity and the God of Christianity is completely incorrect.
No it is completely correct and if anyone here will do the research they will find that out.

Might want to try reading from Luciferians and Satanists, because they outright say they are against the God of the Bible, making Him to be Evil.
I repeat here what I have said through out the thread no they are not.

AN EXULTATION OF SELF
To the LaVeyan Satanist, Satan is a myth, just like God and other deities. Satan is also, however, incredibly symbolic.
MISCONCEPTIONS OF SATANISM
Satanism has been routinely accused of numerous onerous practices, generally without evidence. There is a common mistaken belief that because Satanists believe in serving themselves first, they become antisocial or even psychopathic. In truth, responsibility is a major tenet of Satanism.

Humans have the right to do as they choose and should feel free to pursue their own happiness. However, this does not render them immune from consequences. Taking control of one’s life includes being responsible regarding one's actions.

Among the things LaVey explicitly condemned:

• Harming of children
  • r*pe
https://www.thoughtco.com/laveyan-satanism-church-of-satan-95697

As to Luciferianism:
The Adversary is perceived as being the “light bringer” and empowering spirit in which the individual models their initiation on. The Mind is trained to “think” as a God or Goddess, thus liberating the self from restrictive spirituality
The same tenets as Satanism with the exception that its more ritual magic:
https://luciferianapotheca.com/pages/luciferianism-an-introduction

Not every form of Satanism professes a belief in gods or spirits. While some forms of Satanism believe in spiritual entities, others have a materialistic worldview, and in relation to faith and religion, they are atheists or agnostics. Satanic spiritualists on the other hand, contend that Satan is a god or a chief evil spirit and they pursue interaction with him and other evil spirits. In contrast, those Satanists who are professed atheists and agnostics see Satanism as a philosophical worldview manifesting in a particular lifestyle often characterized by questioning authority. The spiritualitsts are more likely to perform satanic rituals, while the non-spiritualists don't.
http://www.religionfacts.com/satanism

http://www.religioustolerance.org/satanis4.htm

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
Yeah Idk why Lavey chose the term Satan to describe his thing. And Idk why Luciferians picked the term Lucifer for that matter. They aren't retooling the concept, but they are stealing the name. I can state definitively though that Bible Satan, and Lavey Satan are different. Just as different as the Gods of every other religion.
I can state definitively though that Bible Satan, and Lavey Satan are different.
No because to the LaVeyan Satanists the Bible Satan is a myth....Please read the tenets of the LaVeyan Satanists it will explain this or go to the website Church of Satan....I am running out of breath on this y'all hash it out.....Said what I had to say.

Aero

Superstar
No because to the LaVeyan Satanists the Bible Satan is a myth....Please read the tenets of the LaVeyan Satanists it will explain this or go to the website Church of Satan....I am running out of breath on this y'all hash it out.....Said what I had to say.
K thanks I might. I've only done a little research on the subject. And I try to keep it simple for these cats. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Daciple - Good points - I can see you have done your homework on this as well. For a couple of years, after I woke up to the occult messaging in entertainment, I have been researching into what the mystery religions actually believe, from their own sources. Despite not agreeing with what was presented, and sometimes feeling spiritually drained from the experience, it was worth gaining understanding of this world view, or how else could I discuss with anyone who held it. On my strange journey I encountered Thoth, Hermes Trismegistis, Wicca, The lost book of Enki, Apotheosis, spiritual alchemy, St Germain, Rosicrucianism, Freemasonry, The Hero's Journey, Michael Aquino right through to simple hedonism and a YOLO outlook on life. @Paranoia Daily is correct in identifying that the satanist side simply do not accept the Christian account of things and believe an alternate narrative.

Despite their differences, there seems to be 'thread' or narrative running through time, with the same message being promoted. 'ye shall be as gods'... IF satan was real, and if he was the Father of Lies, I would expect nothing less than thousands of years of seemingly unrelated stories, essentially hammering home his original deception.

Most people are enemies of God (as I once was) and don't want to humble themselves (as I didn't want to) and accept the free gift of Salvation, 'not of works, lest any man boast'. People want to be the star in their own storyline, and there is already someone who shook his fist at God as the leader of such a movement waiting for willing followers.

JoChris

Superstar

This is not an area I know much about, other than having read some very dark classic novels which discussed Satanism and witchcraft.
I think the Christian viewpoint of Satanism needs to be updated.
Theistic Satanism is very different to Anton LaVey "atheist" Satanism.
The average Christian assumes all Satanists actually worship a being named Satan or Lucifer.

SkepticCat

Veteran
Here's an insider opinion from a man claiming to have spent 8 years as a satanist with the rank of Priest within their system.

Essentially, satanism is about being a douchebag and taking advantage of others instead of respecting them as one would oneself - being a 'douchebag' including such acts as staging the 9/11 false flag ritual and starting wars for profit. An ideology of unbalanced egoism, ungratefulness, malice and self-deceit and rejection of the laws of the very Creator who caused one to exist in the first place.

Of course, there will be all sorts of excuses made for why satanism is actually a really good idea and people really need to look into it and such. How it's actually a religion of understanding, enlightenment and sound humanitarian values etc. You need look no further than the picture below to understand all you need to know about this 'ideology', though.

... essentially, if you can't be bothered to take responsibility for yourself and commit to the path of righteousness, abstinence from wrongful temptations and the hard work of self-improvement just declare yourself a satanist and delude yourself into thinking you somehow can supercede almighty God's eternal laws and won't be held responsible for having done so.

Aero

Superstar
People can believe what they want with the similarities between every religion or cult. When I was raised as a Christian I was taught that the devil was an outside force. My sin was my own, the devil is just out there to trick me into sinning. Maybe I had different teaching, but I don't see how that is comparable to the Satanic verses coming from the cultists.

Their "God" is inside of them, there is no outside force. And it's the same for so many religions. They can't all be traced back to Christian mythology. The duality of night and day, or right and wrong is a natural pattern. What I'm saying is you don't need to be taught faith to dream up a concept. So to me they all have merit in their own way.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Here's an insider opinion from a man claiming to have spent 8 years as a satanist with the rank of Priest within their system.

Essentially, satanism is about being a douchebag and taking advantage of others instead of respecting them as one would oneself - being a 'douchebag' including such acts as staging the 9/11 false flag ritual and starting wars for profit. An ideology of unbalanced egoism, ungratefulness, malice and self-deceit and rejection of the laws of the very Creator who caused one to exist in the first place.

Of course, there will be all sorts of excuses made for why satanism is actually a really good idea and people really need to look into it and such. How it's actually a religion of understanding, enlightenment and sound humanitarian values etc. You need look no further than the picture below to understand all you need to know about this 'ideology', though.

... essentially, if you can't be bothered to take responsibility for yourself and commit to the path of righteousness, abstinence from wrongful temptations and the hard work of self-improvement just declare yourself a satanist and delude yourself into thinking you somehow can supercede almighty God's eternal laws and won't be held responsible for having done so.
I remember reading 'Lucifer Dethroned' by Bill Scnoebalen. He described an occultist ranked 'ipsissumus' or 'self beyond all selves'. (I.e. Selfish wretch). Crowley was into similar stuff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A∴A∴

@SkepticCat - douchebag = ipsissimus