Satanic Temple head: ‘More than 50% of our membership is LGBTQ’

Chara

Rookie
I think it’s like 6% of our local ⛩, more like the general population. The kami generally don’t care too much what you do on your own time as long as you’re not trashing the city or something.

DevaWolf

Veteran
That's not very surprising, as the Satanic Temple has an open policy for any sexuality and gender and also defends the rights of gay people.

What point does it prove for you?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think it’s like 6% of our local ⛩, more like the general population. The kami generally don’t care too much what you do on your own time as long as you’re not trashing the city or something.
I didn’t know what “Kami” were, so I looked it up. Is this correct?

“In Shinto, kami are not separate from nature, but are of nature, possessing positive and negative, and good and evil characteristics. They are manifestations of musubi (結び),[2] the interconnecting energy of the universe, and are considered exemplary of what humanity should strive towards. Kami are believed to be "hidden" from this world, and inhabit a complementary existence that mirrors our own: shinkai (神界, "the world of the kami").[3]:22 To be in harmony with the awe-inspiring aspects of nature is to be conscious of kannagara no michi (随神の道 or 惟神の道, "the way of the kami").[2]

Though the word kami is translated multiple ways into English, no one English word expresses its full meaning. The ambiguity of the meaning of kami is necessary, as it conveys the ambiguous nature of kami themselves.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
That's not very surprising, as the Satanic Temple has an open policy for any sexuality and gender and also defends the rights of gay people.

What point does it prove for you?
None really. I can see how some LGBTQ folks (and non) could feel like outcasts because they have been rejected and/or abused by society, family and maybe their church and are bitter and resentful. I can also see how sexual deviants and social misfits could be attracted as well.
I would just hope that they would reject their satanic lifestyle and experience a welcoming support network and come to know Christ.

manama

Star
I didn’t know what “Kami” were, so I looked it up. Is this correct?

“In Shinto, kami are not separate from nature, but are of nature, possessing positive and negative, and good and evil characteristics. They are manifestations of musubi (結び),[2] the interconnecting energy of the universe, and are considered exemplary of what humanity should strive towards. Kami are believed to be "hidden" from this world, and inhabit a complementary existence that mirrors our own: shinkai (神界, "the world of the kami").[3]:22 To be in harmony with the awe-inspiring aspects of nature is to be conscious of kannagara no michi (随神の道 or 惟神の道, "the way of the kami").[2]

Though the word kami is translated multiple ways into English, no one English word expresses its full meaning. The ambiguity of the meaning of kami is necessary, as it conveys the ambiguous nature of kami themselves.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami
Kami is the jp word for God.

saki

Star
...from today's newsfeed..... do they really believe that 'owning' the LGBTQ vote is enough to put them in political office?
...in any event, this sounds like a terrible idea.... politicians, by nature, are the most self-focused narcissists on earth.... not ideal for any sort of 'Mentoring'.... I'm sure Bill C probably considered himself to be a 'mentor', of sorts, to Monica L.....

https://dcdirtylaundry.com/dem-p***phile-agenda-pete-buttigieg-announces-plan-for-nationwide-mentorship-program-to-connect-lgbt-youth-with-politicians/

DEM p***phile AGENDA: Pete Buttigieg Announces Plan For Nationwide ‘Mentorship’ Program to Connect LGBT Youth With Politicians
By Chris Menahan
-
October 13, 2019

Democratic 2020 presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg announced disturbing plans for a taxpayer-funded nationwide “mentorship” program to connect “LGBT youth” with “leaders” in politics and business which many are suggesting sounds like a state-sponsored grooming program.

“The Democrat would also establish a national mentorship program for LGBTQ youth, as well as protect the rights and safety of all LBGTQ individuals,” The Hill reported Thursday.

According to The Advocate:
A Buttigieg administration will launch the We Belong National Mentorship Program, a president-led initiative calling on private and public sector leaders to mentor youth and strengthen their sense of belonging.​
Here’s the description of his “mentorship” program from his policy white paper:
Despite the immense strides we’ve made towards LGBTQ+ equality, it is still easy for an LGBTQ+ person to feel more shame than pride over who they are and who they love. We must begin to change this culture. Knowing one accepting adult lowers the risk of suicide for an LGBTQ person by 40 percent. Learning from initiatives like the My Brother’s Keeper Program launched by President Barack Obama, the We Belong National Mentorship Program will call on leaders in the public and private sectors to mentor LGBTQ+ youth and strengthen the resources, self-love, and sense of belonging they need to thrive.​
So far, Buttigieg’s plan doesn’t appear to be going over very well with the public.
Mentorship. Also known as grooming.
— Whatever (@what_ever_1) October 11, 2019
Headquarters will be Pete’s bedroom.
— Dugnutt (@Dugnutt1) October 10, 2019
A national center to feed young boys to old men. Grand.
— mmmBuddynnnGuy (@Mmmmbudfaux) October 10, 2019
US department of Sodomy
— Crusader Groyper (@MayorJacob2050) October 10, 2019
Perhaps Buttigieg should hire Ghislaine Maxwell to administer this “mentorship” program considering all the free time she has now that Jeffrey Epstein is dead and she’s not being prosecuted?

The Temple of Satan is a liberal capitalist take on the traditional Church of Satan's objectivist philosophy. They use Satan solely as a symbol of rebellion. If we lived in an alternative reality, where Christianity never became a dominate religion and we still worshiped the gods of the Roman empire, they be calling themselves something like the Temple of Prometheus.

The whole reason they uses Satanic imagery is the same reason edgy teenagers draw pentagrams. It freaks people out.

Johnny5

Veteran
The Temple of Satan is a liberal capitalist take on the traditional Church of Satan's objectivist philosophy. They use Satan solely as a symbol of rebellion. If we lived in an alternative reality, where Christianity never became a dominate religion and we still worshiped the gods of the Roman empire, they be calling themselves something like the Temple of Prometheus.

The whole reason they uses Satanic imagery is the same reason edgy teenagers draw pentagrams. It freaks people out.
Well, they got one thing right... it does freak people out.

DevaWolf

Veteran
Yeah, that's because they're brainwashed by the dominant religion in the West, which is Christianity, to fear a drawing that has no power.