Satanic Spotify Alert

Today when I opened Spotify there was an announcement advertising someone named Yves Tumor and the name of the musick " Praise A Lord Who Chews But Which Does Not Consume " and the picture of whoever this thing is wearing a Covid looking mask and could be either sex. I'm not going to listen to whatever this is but thought someone here might know or investigate?

Dalit

Star
On the Wikipedia article posted above (thanks @clambot ) it appears that he/him and they/them claim influence from a Throbbing Gristle (musician of some sort) and hypnotic trance music. Looks like he/they is into dance electronica, and trance-pop. I find trance-like music (which is in the Christian world, too, very much so of late) to be questionable and possibly used for nefarious purposes. First purpose, most likely, is money and fame and secondarily for mind control. Or is that reversed? Mind control which brings money and fame. Anyway, yeah, this musician is suspect.

BananaLaser

Veteran
On the Wikipedia article posted above (thanks @clambot ) it appears that he/him and they/them claim influence from a Throbbing Gristle (musician of some sort) and hypnotic trance music. Looks like he/they is into dance electronica, and trance-pop. I find trance-like music (which is in the Christian world, too, very much so of late) to be questionable and possibly used for nefarious purposes. First purpose, most likely, is money and fame and secondarily for mind control. Or is that reversed? Mind control which brings money and fame. Anyway, yeah, this musician is suspect.
That's quite interesting, why do you think trance like music is linked with mind control?

BananaLaser

Veteran
How do you think trance like music is connected with mind control?

Dalit

Star
That's quite interesting, why do you think trance like music is linked with mind control?
Forgive me for potentially going too spiritual or religious here, but when I was in quasi-Christian or evangelical cult-like groups, the music was used to stir up emotion. Ever notice the music played during offerings, etc? Music played when the speaker was trying to emphasize a point or garner attention? But even in other environments, like retail shops/stores. I once almost left a shop because a song bothered me and heard it immediately change to another one, almost like the shop owners saw my reaction and were playing another song to keep me there. But then more people might've flinched; I doubt I was the only one.

My mom pointed out the trance-like music with "they're just repeating the same words over and over", but I didn't care bc I was young and stupid and in my 20s and 30s. All my friends were into it. Just wanted to go along to get along, was finally sort of popular, etc. But frankly, once I turned 40, was annoyed with it all. I could see what my wise mother saw.

Music is a powerful medium. It communicates to the heart like nothing else. Politicians know this. Cult leaders know it. Retail stores, etc. It lines their pockets, keeps them paid and well fed. Researchers study how music affects consumers. Yep, we're all manipulated until we wise up.

I find trance-like music (which is in the Christian world, too, very much so of late) to be questionable and possibly used for nefarious purposes
I had the same feeling about it!

I'm not some kind of trance music expert, but when i stopped listening to hard rock and metal music and rap years ago, because i realized it was just too difficult to rationalize continuing to (the violent and/or s*xual imagery and profanity, if not overt satanic imagery), i turned to trance-like music. I thought it was ok because it was so... pretty. And uplifting. A complete opposite of the stuff i used to like before.

But as i studied the Bible more i got convicted that it was just as bad, just that now it was satan appearing as an angel of light instead of in his ugly, obvious form.

Now im That Person that either listens to nothing or hymns, lol.

BananaLaser

Veteran
I had the same feeling about it!

I'm not some kind of trance music expert, but when i stopped listening to hard rock and metal music and rap years ago, because i realized it was just too difficult to rationalize continuing to (the violent and/or s*xual imagery and profanity, if not overt satanic imagery), i turned to trance-like music. I thought it was ok because it was so... pretty. And uplifting. A complete opposite of the stuff i used to like before.

But as i studied the Bible more i got convicted that it was just as bad, just that now it was satan appearing as an angel of light instead of in his ugly, obvious form.

Now im That Person that either listens to nothing or hymns, lol.
So is trance like music the same thing as New Age music? Did you listen to Enya?

So is trance like music the same thing as New Age music? Did you listen to Enya?
I genuinely have no idea if it's the same thing, like i said i'm no expert. But no, i didn't listen to enya. I would listen to these long mix videos on youtube called "200 minutes of uplifting trance" and stuff like that. I would put them on in the background so i never bothered learning the names of any artists.

BananaLaser

Veteran
I genuinely have no idea if it's the same thing, like i said i'm no expert. But no, i didn't listen to enya. I would listen to these long mix videos on youtube called "200 minutes of uplifting trance" and stuff like that. I would put them on in the background so i never bothered learning the names of any artists.
Oh ok. How did you come to the conclusion that trance like music is bad?

Oh ok. How did you come to the conclusion that trance like music is bad?
It's hard to answer that without going full Christian mode on this thread, and i realize some get upset if anything faith-related is discussed outside the religion subforum...

But, as i mentioned earlier, i was studying the Bible and reading about how satan disguises himself as an angel of light, and i got to thinking about music. I took this to mean that while blatantly satanic imagery music is obviously of satan, very beautiful, yet worldly music could also be as well.

Whenever i would happen to look at the screen when these videos were playing, i would see i guess new agey type imagery. While i didnt find this objectionable before i was a Christian, it just started feeling unsettling.

I also got to thinking as with electronic music it is manufactured specifically to appeal to the senses. It is addictive. Who knows what effect all those overlapping sounds have on our minds. And if the same repetitive phrases keep repeating while these sounds are going on, could it be causing some kind of suggestion or delivering a subliminal message?

I also had some personal experiences while listening to it that i am not comfortable sharing online at this time.

(All this is just my personal convictions, i'm not pasing judgment on anyone else listening to trance music)

BananaLaser

Veteran
It's hard to answer that without going full Christian mode on this thread, and i realize some get upset if anything faith-related is discussed outside the religion subforum...

But, as i mentioned earlier, i was studying the Bible and reading about how satan disguises himself as an angel of light, and i got to thinking about music. I took this to mean that while blatantly satanic imagery music is obviously of satan, very beautiful, yet worldly music could also be as well.

Whenever i would happen to look at the screen when these videos were playing, i would see i guess new agey type imagery. While i didnt find this objectionable before i was a Christian, it just started feeling unsettling.

I also got to thinking as with electronic music it is manufactured specifically to appeal to the senses. It is addictive. Who knows what effect all those overlapping sounds have on our minds. And if the same repetitive phrases keep repeating while these sounds are going on, could it be causing some kind of suggestion or delivering a subliminal message?

I also had some personal experiences while listening to it that i am not comfortable sharing online at this time.

(All this is just my personal convictions, i'm not pasing judgment on anyone else listening to trance music)
I think that sums it up pretty well. It is a complicated topic, but I think you did a pretty good job explaining it.