Sarah Silverman says "I would kill Christ again"

Etagloc

Superstar

(alternate title: "Sarah Silverman basically re-enacts a verse from the Quran")

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

-Surah An-Nisa [4:157]

Aero

Superstar
Wouldn't that be considered a good thing though? I mean aside from the obvious point of redundancy.

MP3D

Established
Yeah it does.But when they say dumb things....It’s gonna be a problem.Lets not abuse freedom of speech.
"dumb" is realative. you are asserting that your opinion is right and others is wrong. you can dislike what she said. but this is not a problem or abusive.

"dumb" is realative. you are asserting that your opinion is right and others is wrong. you can dislike what she said. but this is not a problem or abusive.
Well passing a comment like her one is going to get people worked up.Thats an insult especially when it comes to religion.Its a sensitive topic which causes a lot of conflict.

MP3D

Established
insult to who? its up to YOU to choose whether or not you get insulted over comments. she is clearly embracing the "shock" technique. who cares? how does this affect you or your beliefs? her approach is childish and cheap, just let it go.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Etagloc

If we are as close to the events of the end times as some suspect, if she remains unrepentant, Sarah Silverman may have an encounter with Christ she is not expecting. Her chances of killing him again seem slim at best!

SkepticCat

Veteran

Double standards and 2018-style pure idiocy aside as Humanity continues on its decent into the abyss of apathy, hypocrisy and outright satanism, I simply couldn't care less what 'Sarah Silverman' has to say about anything whatsoever. Everybody has an 'opinion' they're anxious to shove in other peoples' faces these years - and it tends to stink...

You know, there are things that actually mean something we could be debating instead... Like the ongoing total war against Humanity, the destruction and collapse of the entire biosphere, the various wars waged based on deception, lies and deceit, the eradication of the family unit and any sort of coherence to society...

Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are:
Set the world right;
Do what's best
as above, so below
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. yes. yes.

('Lord's prayer', the Message 'bible')

Sarah Silverman lashed out against Christianity? Say what?

Maybe this is offensive for those of a religious bent, but I don't see the worth in quotes from dubious religious texts and prayers... if it helps you psychologically then good, but it doesn't CHANGE anything in the world.

How are you going to change anything with words? Effect a small change in your local community or any power in a small way through actions.

@ScarredNotStupid79

"but it doesn't CHANGE anything in the world."

If all religion is just a made up construct, I would 100% agree. If one is not, you may have won the award for the most incorrect statement on the forum ;-)
Alright, maybe I phrased it wrong. Seems to me that religion has worked as an excuse to impose order on the world. Christianity and Islam the main male-dominated orders justifying war, slavery, and life out of balance without women's say. If enough people believe in an idea then it'll probably come true in a sense. I'm saying pounding people over the head with quotes is not really an intellectual discussion. Just dogma and maybe even a dictatorship mentality.

Double standards and 2018-style pure idiocy aside as Humanity continues on its decent into the abyss of apathy, hypocrisy and outright satanism, I simply couldn't care less what 'Sarah Silverman' has to say about anything whatsoever. Everybody has an 'opinion' they're anxious to shove in other peoples' faces these years - and it tends to stink...

You know, there are things that actually mean something we could be debating instead... Like the ongoing total war against Humanity, the destruction and collapse of the entire biosphere, the various wars waged based on deception, lies and deceit, the eradication of the family unit and any sort of coherence to society...

Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are:
Set the world right;
Do what's best
as above, so below
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. yes. yes.

('Lord's prayer', the Message 'bible')

Sarah Silverman lashed out against Christianity? Say what?

That puppy is cuuuute!!:):)