Same Old Song

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
As asked in another thread, why is it that for the years I have been posting here and the years before I did, one can clearly notice that when threads regarding certain issues such as child abuse and certain figures attached to those issues... those threads or discussions of them in other threads are derailed? Its been going on for years and it's almost entirely the efforts of a "select" group of posters here so, whats the explanation for this obvious pattern going back probably a decade or more (not sure how long VC has been in existence) of a certain group of posters that continuously derails dialog regarding this most important subject, often brazenly so? Whats the agenda at play here?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
This can be edited as more people jump on the stupid train, but for right now the site members who are actively engaged in derailing discussions centered around child abuse and/or their favorite candidate/ideology shall heretoforethythinethoutwixt be recorded in this hyurrn rollcall of shame. EXPLAIN YOURSELVES!
So far in one thread within a few hours meximonk, Tidal, Truthtellwe, Devine are all ranting away about ish they keep getting wrong and doing anything to make sure whats not being addressed is the topic. They have succeeded in having multiple threads closed by just wastelanding the dialog in them so what do yall think? Hardcore duncecappery from ideological, stalwart stooges who aint ashamed to cape on behalf of child abusers or......... paid? In on the gig? What gives yall?

Thunderian

Superstar
I think it would be a challenge to find a thread on any topic that hasn’t been derailed.

But the way, who do you think is going to win the election? :p

Maes17

Superstar
An internet forum with multiple topics and a lot of replies is sure to get derailed at some point. I’ve been guilty of derailing myself. I try to be respectful towards the discussions which is why I rarely tread serious topics anymore.

Too much heated emotions, misconstrued text etc can turn threads ugly

meximonk

Star
An internet forum with multiple topics and a lot of replies is sure to get derailed at some point. I’ve been guilty of derailing myself. I try to be respectful towards the discussions which is why I rarely tread serious topics anymore.

Even in light hearted conversations they can wander. It's the very nature of the meeting of minds, in particular free minds that are accustomed to thinking for themselves. But it's also the nature of free minds to get back on track of their own accord.

I've been populating forums since the BBS days in the late 80's. This is one of the least "derailed" I've ever seen. I don't think we have a problem here. :)

Maes17

Superstar
Even in light hearted conversations they can wander. It's the very nature of the meeting of minds, in particular free minds that are accustomed to thinking for themselves. But it's also the nature of free minds to get back on track of their own accord.

I've been populating forums since the BBS days in the late 80's. This is one of the least "derailed" I've ever seen. I don't think we have a problem here. :)
That’s true. Same as in life. The free minds are not by the book type of people. They seek efficient ways, question and innovate.

I do think it’s good to be respectful of topics though. I typically lurk around and log in when I can. But I think this forum does have some good material to enhance our way of life. Just depends on how we use the info available here. However some conspiracies do seem far fetched. But that leaves more questions that I try to research

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I think it would be a challenge to find a thread on any topic that hasn’t been derailed.

But the way, who do you think is going to win the election? :p

I know what yall are speaking on... but doesnt it get old? To see the same actors, using the same tactics to stifle the same discussions? Like for years on end? How are we supposed to figure things out or progress together when this is where we (supposed truth seekers) are at?

Maes17

Superstar
I know what yall are speaking on... but doesnt it get old? To see the same actors, using the same tactics to stifle the same discussions? Like for years on end? How are we supposed to figure things out or progress together when this is where we (supposed truth seekers) are at?
I get your point in derailments ruining a good convo. But there are always going to be derailers etc.

Just part of life. Part of progressing through life is learning how to look past obstacles and annoying stuff. Obstacles are what makes us grow and to learn how to better handle those situations. The best is to try to move on rather than carrying a grudge on it. The more you carry that grudge, the more stressed you make on yourself. Skip over the derailing post and things do get back on track.

Thunderian

Superstar
I try to stay focused, but I also like a wide-ranging conversation. I don’t think I come into a thread with the purpose of derailing it — at least not anymore. Much.

As for arguments, I try and keep mine current and in line with what I believe the facts to be. If the truth is considered stale, I can’t help it.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I get your point in derailments ruining a good convo. But there are always going to be derailers etc.

Just part of life. Part of progressing through life is learning how to look past obstacles and annoying stuff. Obstacles are what makes us grow and to learn how to better handle those situations. The best is to try to move on rather than carrying a grudge on it. The more you carry that grudge, the more stressed you make on yourself. Skip over the derailing post and things do get back on track.
If it were a few random people or an every now and then occurrence, I could accept it as just the odds that derailment will happen sometimes. But this is a concerted effort centering around certain posters who exhibit the same behavioral patterns over and over. I agree we cant do much about it, but I also think its important to call this out for what it really is.

Maes17

Superstar
If it were a few random people or an every now and then occurrence, I could accept it as just the odds that derailment will happen sometimes. But this is a concerted effort centering around certain posters who exhibit the same behavioral patterns over and over. I agree we cant do much about it, but I also think its important to call this out for what it really is.
Call it out.

If it’s certain posters are they derailing certain subjects. If so, more than likely they don’t like the spread awareness of said subject.

Just like certain posters here continue with the same subject in every part of this forum. I’ve tuned it out here