Salvator Mundi

profimedia-0354576524-660x438.jpg

The Salvator Mundi is a Da Vinci painting of Jesus that means "Savior of the World". It was possibly painted for King Louis XII and eventually found its way to England in the Court of Charles I. It then passed through a series of lesser English Nobles until 1763 when it disappears from public record until 1900 eventually becoming damaged and attributed to a student of Da Vinci until 2011. It is restored and authenticated as a Da Vinci work and goes on a few low key museum exhibitions, until 2017 when it is privately sold as the most expensive painting in history to Saudi Arabian Prince

Badr bin Abdullah

who was buying it on behalf of
Crown Prince
Mohammed bin Salman
for
$450,312,500!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvator_Mundi_(Leonardo)

The only reason I know about this painting is because the term "Salvator Mundi" was what was written at the end of the title sequence to the final episode of The X-Files. A show which is pretty accurate on the current events, and its short lived spin-off "The Lone Gunmen" had an episode that was basically the 9/11 'conspiracy theory' before 9/11, and whose final two seasons should be must watched by anyone interested in conspiracy theory.

Anyway I did not think much about this until I read this today

https://narativ.org/2019/01/02/salvator-mundi-art-of-the-deal-the-lost-davinci/

The painting ends up in the hands of a Russian Oligarch, who buys a house from Trump for 53 million over market price.

From the article

"Rybolovlev [ the Russian Oligarch ] put the masterpiece up for auction through Christie’s in November 2017. The estimated price for Lot 9B was between $80 and $120 million. Christies’s auctioneers were stunned when bidding quickly surged past $80 million in just seconds and then, just as effortlessly over $130 million. Two anonymous bidders continuously outbid each other, not stopping until they had run up the price to $450.3 million, making it the single most expensive work of art ever sold at auction.

In the ensuing days, The New York Times unmasked Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman as the masterpiece’s real buyer but the identity of the second bidder stayed hidden for months.

In March, The Daily Mail revealed the counter-bidder was Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed (MbZ). The princes claimed they had no idea the other was bidding and dismissed the whole thing as a mistake.

To be clear, these are the very same crown princes George Nader represented at the August 3rd meeting with Donald Trump, Jr. and whom, Nader promised, would pay for the social media campaign. ……………….

"The whereabouts of Salvator Mundi remain unknown; there are no plans to exhibit the artwork; the mystery of what happened at auction is deepening and Mueller’s relentless investigation into Psy-Group continues. These are all things that suggest to me there is much more to discover about the August 3 meeting and the Saudi, UAE and Israeli involvement in Trump-Russia."

So I find this whole thing very strange and very interesting. I'm wondering if there is more than meets the eye with the painting, Da Vinci? I casually mentioned this to friend last summer ( failing desperately trying to appear cool ) that is was weird a Muslim would spend 400m plus on a Jesus painting, only to find that it may be a big deal. Very odd indeed.

Attachments

Last edited:
The identity of the "Man of Sin" has yet to be revealed, but I suspect we are at a moment in time that resonates, albeit in an inverted way, with the film "Spartacus"...

Well, you know me, Red, I'm not the guy whose mind goes to this kind of place, but I can't help but feel a deeper significance to this painting, and this story. I suppose we shall see how this unfolds, but something is off here and more than just money laundering and foreign collusion.

That's one of my favorite movies by the way, and perhaps the best scene ever filmed.

elsbet

Superstar
Its certainly one of his uglier works-- so I wonder too if its significance goes beyond the fact it is a daVinci. But what significance could a picture of (obviously not) Christ (who was a middle-Eastern man-- not an androgynous European), holding a crystal ball, and using Catholic / satanic hand signs, have for Arabs?

It went to the UAE Louvre, but still... I wonder if there is legend behind it. They princes swapped the painting for a YACHT, in a deal, though... so maybe not. It could just be the acquisition.

I shrug.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Interesting thoughts put together in the OP
Do you suppose there is any reason as to why this particular painting may play a role in upcoming world affairs?
Well, you could keep this in mind;
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2264415/Mona-Lisa-sent-moon-NASA-using-lasers-world-space-technology.html

This ties into our conversation in another thread. So why time and money was spent on this and of all the paintings that are out there, it was the Mona Lisa that was beamed, it makes one wonder why.

Its certainly one of his uglier works-- so I wonder too if its significance goes beyond the fact it is a daVinci. But what significance could a picture of (obviously not) Christ (who was a middle-Eastern man-- not an androgynous European), holding a crystal ball, and using Catholic / satanic hand signs, have for Arabs?

It went to the UAE Louvre, but still... I wonder if there is legend behind it. They princes swapped the painting for a YACHT, in a deal, though... so maybe not. It could just be the acquisition.

I shrug.
https://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/the-economists-the-world-in-2019-is-full-of-cryptic-messages/

This recent article talks about the prominence of Da Vinci on the Economist cover, which makes this whole thing more interesting.

As far as what the significance is one can only speculate. Logically its just the ludicrously rich doing what they do and a possible money laundering scheme. Still something just is off about this. Where did you find the info about the yacht? The article I posted indicated the whereabouts of the painting are unknown. It is also worth noting this is the only privately owned Da Vinci (that we know about at least)

Thank you for your response.

Interesting thoughts put together in the OP

Well, you could keep this in mind;
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2264415/Mona-Lisa-sent-moon-NASA-using-lasers-world-space-technology.html

This ties into our conversation in another thread. So why time and money was spent on this and of all the paintings that are out there, it was the Mona Lisa that was beamed, it makes one wonder why.
Yeah that's is very interesting, the Salvator Mundi is viewed as the masculine version of his Mona Lisa and of course that painting has inspired a lot of theories and books and is a huge part of popular consciousness.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
The thing is... this being a da vinci there might be details we can be only hope to see in the physical presence of the painting. As a painter myself I know it is waaaaay easy to hide stuff in a painting. There are layers, underdrawing, impasto... you can paint something over another painting and bang, it is still there but hidden. Sadly this painting might have an inner meaning that only a select few may know about.

example: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5403539/Hidden-details-uncovered-Picasso-s-oil-painting.html

elsbet

Superstar
https://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/the-economists-the-world-in-2019-is-full-of-cryptic-messages/

This recent article talks about the prominence of Da Vinci on the Economist cover, which makes this whole thing more interesting.

As far as what the significance is one can only speculate. Logically its just the ludicrously rich doing what they do and a possible money laundering scheme. Still something just is off about this. Where did you find the info about the yacht? The article I posted indicated the whereabouts of the painting are unknown. It is also worth noting this is the only privately owned Da Vinci (that we know about at least)

I think it was one of the links in your article.

Right here.

I dont buy the notion that the princes didn't know they were bidding against each other, either-- each was supposedly thinking the other bidder was from the Qatar family. But the Qatars were offered the painting for $80 million and declined... their "people" would have known that, you'd think.

... first thing I thought was $450 million, a daVinci and a yacht-- isn't someone going to say what about Palestine? More importantly, what about the countless refugees in the ME? Yes, it's a different topic, but it's kind of not. The reality is they dgaf, and that seems to be just fine with everyone.

So, yes... there are a lot of things that don't add up.

Good call on the money laundering idea, though-- if that would be necessary for the Crown Princes to avoid taxes, I mean. Seems like they wouldn't apply the laws to themselves. :rolleyes:

I think it was one of the links in your article.

Right here.

I dont buy the notion that the princes didn't know they were bidding against each other, either-- each was supposedly thinking the other bidder was from the Qatar family. But the Qatars were offered the painting for $80 million and declined... their "people" would have known that, you'd think.

... first thing I thought was $450 million, a daVinci and a yacht-- isn't someone going to say what about Palestine? More importantly, what about the countless refugees in the ME? Yes, it's a different topic, but it's kind of not. The reality is they dgaf, and that seems to be just fine with everyone.

So, yes... there are a lot of things that don't add up.

Good call on the money laundering idea, though-- if that would be necessary for the Crown Princes to avoid taxes, I mean. Seems like they wouldn't apply the laws to themselves. :rolleyes:

Ok thanks. It was set to be exhibited at the UAE Louvre but was postponed without explanation with no new date set, so I suppose we will have to see.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/entertainment-arts-45403862

You have a good point with what you say, the Saudi Royal Family is utterly disgusting.

It wouldn’t be money laundering for tax purposes so much, but maybe for potentially embarrassing foreign investments?