Salvation/Born Again

elsbet

Superstar
Salvation/Born Again: "What do these terms mean? Are they interchangeable?" Your words, Damien. I'm just wondering the same thing. Maybe we can both learn something.
Born again: we are born into a fallen nature. It's in our DNA (Adam, the garden). Jesus imparts His DNA to us (hence, born again), and reconciles the necessary penalty that comes with our fallen nature (His law, fulfilled). That is salvation.

David Rich explains this whole thing better than anyone else, imo. Something I think you've mentioned before-- God's view of and responsibility toward us (as mere humans)-- he covers it well. The chasm between His infinite knowledge and our finite (and in comparison, childish) view is how he begins, iirc. It's an easy read.

The 10 Commandments were not meant to be kept... I believe that is Chapter 1.

7 Biblical Truths You Won't Hear in Church

That is a preview link ^^^

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@cfowen

I think you are making it all more complicated than it is - When I eat an evening meal it does not require the knowledge of how the biochemistry works for it to do me good.

You appear to have an insight beyond the knowledge of a simple, born again believer like me. I am saved by grace alone, through faith alone in Christ alone.

cfowen

Established
@cfowen

I think you are making it all more complicated than it is - When I eat an evening meal it does not require the knowledge of how the biochemistry works for it to do me good.

You appear to have an insight beyond the knowledge of a simple, born again believer like me. I am saved by grace alone, through faith alone in Christ alone.
Absolutely. I totally agree, 100%. Like someone said recently, one is saved from death, and it is likely that most all Christians that are reading this on this forum are saved from death and have eternal life, no matter what else they believe. But, where are you saved to? Where is your calling and where is the hope of your calling? Is it to be in the 1st resurrection, in Heaven, or the 4th resurrection, the white throne judgement, on earth. I see those as the choices for saints today. The way I read Eph, Col, etc., this is based on what you believe. It's not complicated, it's just different than what denominations teach. In fact, since you only have to focus on 7 books, it's easier

Paul, alone, started receiving special revelations from God and it seems he continued receiving them all though Acts and beyond. If anyone else received them, the Bible is silent about it. 2Cor 12:1, 7, Gal 1:12, 2:2, and the last one I'll paste.
Eph 3:3
"How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words," He wrote about it afore in Eph 1:9.

Paul's last 7 books are the LATEST things he wrote. They are based on the LATESTrevelations he got from God. They are totally Up-To-Date, with the latest and greatest information.

Although there are a few Ac 28 dispensationalists that think every Gentile that is saved today will automatically go to Heaven, most of use believe that, like salvation, having a calling of heaven is a pure gift, but it requires faith. I believe that to have a hope of Heaven, you must see it in scripture, believe it, and claim it, just like salvation. As far as I know, those are the only things in the Bible that require faith to get. I also believe that this faith can only exist if you eliminate stuff from your mind that is for Israel or written by Paul far another calling.. If what I'm telling you is wrong and the rapture is for you, it's going to happen whether you believe it or not. On the other hand, the appearing, when you are resurrected into heaven, will only happen to you if you believe in it. Much of my reasoning for this is based on Paul's 2 prayers in Eph 1:16-23 and Eph 3:14-21. In both of these, Paul prays that the reader understand this calling. Here's the 1st prayer.
Eph 1:16:23
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body,
the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Why would Paul pray that God would give you the spirit of wisdom and open your eyes so you know the hope of your calling, if you were going to heaven no matter what you believed? What I'm saying is, as far as your own future is concerned, if you concentrate only on Paul's last 7 books, it's a win-win situation for you. If I'm right, you get heaven. If I'm wrong and every saved person gets the heaven of Eph and Col, you still get heaven. If I'm really wrong and the doctrine of Acts is still in play, (impossible) you'll get the Rapture. You can't lose. Why take a chance?

Here's another important passage where Paul says his job is to make ALL men see the fellowship of the mystery. There is information that the word fellowship means dispensation and I lean towards that interpretation. If Heaven were automatic for all believers in Jesus Christ, this passage would not be necessary.
Eph 3:9,
"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ"

Here's another great verse, The Strong's #4175 says that the word "conversation" can be written as citizenship. I have 34 different bibles on E-Sword and 24 of those translate the word as "citizenship"
Phil 3:20
"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:"

Titus 2:13
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"

The "Appearing" is absolutely not the same event as the rapture. When Christ Appears, we shall immediately appear with Him in Heaven. No matter how much havoc a person wrecks on the scriptures, there's no way he can prove with the rapture that those saints meet Christ and He then takes them to Heaven. That is wishful thinking trash with ZERO scriptural backing.Besides, the rapure isn't for anyone born in the last 1950 years.

elsbet

Superstar
Absolutely. I totally agree, 100%. Like someone said recently, one is saved from death, and it is likely that most all Christians that are reading this on this forum are saved from death and have eternal life, no matter what else they believe. But, where are you saved to? Where is your calling and where is the hope of your calling? Is it to be in the 1st resurrection, in Heaven, or the 4th resurrection, the white throne judgement, on earth. I see those as the choices for saints today. The way I read Eph, Col, etc., this is based on what you believe. It's not complicated, it's just different than what denominations teach. In fact, since you only have to focus on 7 books, it's easier

Paul, alone, started receiving special revelations from God and it seems he continued receiving them all though Acts and beyond. If anyone else received them, the Bible is silent about it. 2Cor 12:1, 7, Gal 1:12, 2:2, and the last one I'll paste.
Eph 3:3
"How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words," He wrote about it afore in Eph 1:9.

Paul's last 7 books are the LATEST things he wrote. They are based on the LATESTrevelations he got from God. They are totally Up-To-Date, with the latest and greatest information.

Although there are a few Ac 28 dispensationalists that think every Gentile that is saved today will automatically go to Heaven, most of use believe that, like salvation, having a calling of heaven is a pure gift, but it requires faith. I believe that to have a hope of Heaven, you must see it in scripture, believe it, and claim it, just like salvation. As far as I know, those are the only things in the Bible that require faith to get. I also believe that this faith can only exist if you eliminate stuff from your mind that is for Israel or written by Paul far another calling.. If what I'm telling you is wrong and the rapture is for you, it's going to happen whether you believe it or not. On the other hand, the appearing, when you are resurrected into heaven, will only happen to you if you believe in it. Much of my reasoning for this is based on Paul's 2 prayers in Eph 1:16-23 and Eph 3:14-21. In both of these, Paul prays that the reader understand this calling. Here's the 1st prayer.
Eph 1:16:23
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body,
the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Why would Paul pray that God would give you the spirit of wisdom and open your eyes so you know the hope of your calling, if you were going to heaven no matter what you believed? What I'm saying is, as far as your own future is concerned, if you concentrate only on Paul's last 7 books, it's a win-win situation for you. If I'm right, you get heaven. If I'm wrong and every saved person gets the heaven of Eph and Col, you still get heaven. If I'm really wrong and the doctrine of Acts is still in play, (impossible) you'll get the Rapture. You can't lose. Why take a chance?

Here's another important passage where Paul says his job is to make ALL men see the fellowship of the mystery. There is information that the word fellowship means dispensation and I lean towards that interpretation. If Heaven were automatic for all believers in Jesus Christ, this passage would not be necessary.
Eph 3:9,
"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ"

Here's another great verse, The Strong's #4175 says that the word "conversation" can be written as citizenship. I have 34 different bibles on E-Sword and 24 of those translate the word as "citizenship"
Phil 3:20
"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:"

Titus 2:13
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"

The "Appearing" is absolutely not the same event as the rapture. When Christ Appears, we shall immediately appear with Him in Heaven. No matter how much havoc a person wrecks on the scriptures, there's no way he can prove with the rapture that those saints meet Christ and He then takes them to Heaven. That is wishful thinking trash with ZERO scriptural backing.Besides, the rapure isn't for anyone born in the last 1950 years.
I honed in on Philippians 3:20

Our conversation
.—The original may signify either “our city” or “our citizenship” is in heaven. But both the grammatical form and the ordinary usage of the word (not elsewhere found in the New Testament) point to the former sense; which is also far better accordant with the general wording of the passage.

For the word “is” is the emphatic word, which signifies “actually exists”; and the reference to the appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ is obviously suggested by the thought that with it will also come the manifestation of the “Jerusalem which is above . . . the mother of us all” (Galatians 4:26); as in Revelation 21:2, “I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from heaven.”

The force of the passage would, however, in either case be much the same. “Their mind is on earth; our country is in heaven,” and to it our affections cling, even during our earthly pilgrimage..."

ELLICOTT'S COMMENTARY

cfowen

Established
I honed in on Philippians 3:20

Our conversation.—The original may signify either “our city” or “our citizenship” is in heaven. But both the grammatical form and the ordinary usage of the word (not elsewhere found in the New Testament) point to the former sense; which is also far better accordant with the general wording of the passage.

For the word “is” is the emphatic word, which signifies “actually exists”; and the reference to the appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ is obviously suggested by the thought that with it will also come the manifestation of the “Jerusalem which is above . . . the mother of us all” (Galatians 4:26); as in Revelation 21:2, “I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from heaven.”

The force of the passage would, however, in either case be much the same. “Their mind is on earth; our country is in heaven,” and to it our affections cling, even during our earthly pilgrimage..."

ELLICOTT'S COMMENTARY
I don't thoroughly understand what you said, but if a relationship of the New Jeruslem to heaven is meant, I would definitely say Mr. Ellicott is dead wrong. The NJ is NOT Heaven. It comes down out of Heaven and docks on the New Earth, permanently, as far as we know. We never hear of it moving after that. It is essentially part of the New Earth, but with special residents. Abraham looked for it. The NJ is not a Gentile place, except for those few thousand Gentile during Acts that were grafted into Israel. Its gates are named after the 12 tribes and the foundations are named after the 12 Jewish apostles who, except for Cornelius, the 1st Gentile to be grafted into Israel, they ministered only to Israel. The 12 will be NJ residents at some point, as Christ told them He would build mansions for them in His Father's house.and the NJ is the most obvious place for that to happen. Whatever happens, there is nothing said anywhere that the 12 or any other Israelite will ever be going to Heaven. The first shall be last and the last shall be first. The first to be resurrected will be us Gentiles at the Appearing. The 2nd will be the few Gentiles from Acts and many Jews that are raptured.The 3rd are the nation Israel who will occupy the Land. These 3 all have a calling. The 4th resurrection is those with no calling for the white throne judgement. Some of these will pass muster and will reside on the New Earth. Those that fail will cease to exist. No hell. Even the suggestion of a hell is a huge insult to God.

I know we've all been taught by unknowledgeable preachers that everybody will go to Heaven, but that's totally against scripture. What scripture does say is that we Gentiles who see and believe that we are, right now, judicially, citizens of Heaven, actually will be resurrected into Heaven, at the Appearing of Christ in Heaven, where we will spend eternity. NO ONE ELSE in the entire Bible has this Heavenly Calling. Just us. No Israelites will be there. None of the Gentile believers during Acts will be there - at Christ's 2nd Coming, they will be raptured, then will go to meet Christ in the air, then will return with Him to the earth. None of this continue-on-to-Heaven-with- Christ malarkey for those raptured.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
I don't thoroughly understand what you said, but if a relationship of the New Jeruslem to heaven is meant, I would definitely say Mr. Ellicott is dead wrong. The NJ is NOT Heaven. It comes down out of Heaven and docks on the New Earth, permanently, as far as we know. We never hear of it moving after that. It is essentially part of the New Earth, but with special residents. Abraham looked for it. The NJ is not a Gentile place, except for those few thousand Gentile during Acts that were grafted into Israel. Its gates are named after the 12 tribes and the foundations are named after the 12 Jewish apostles who, except for Cornelius, the 1st Gentile to be grafted into Israel, they ministered only to Israel. The 12 will be NJ residents at some point, as Christ told them He would build mansions for them in His Father's house.and the NJ is the most obvious place for that to happen. Whatever happens, there is nothing said anywhere that the 12 or any other Israelite will ever be going to Heaven. The first shall be last and the last shall be first. The first to be resurrected will be us Gentiles at the Appearing. The 2nd will be the few Gentiles from Acts and many Jews that are raptured.The 3rd are the nation Israel who will occupy the Land. These 3 all have a calling. The 4th resurrection is those with no calling for the white throne judgement. Some of these will pass muster and will reside on the New Earth. Those that fail will cease to exist. No hell. Even the suggestion of a hell is a huge insult to God.

I know we've all been taught by unknowledgeable preachers that everybody will go to Heaven, but that's totally against scripture. What scripture does say is that we Gentiles who see and believe that we are, right now, judicially, citizens of Heaven, actually will be resurrected into Heaven, at the Appearing of Christ in Heaven, where we will spend eternity. NO ONE ELSE in the entire Bible has this Heavenly Calling. Just us. No Israelites will be there. None of the Gentile believers during Acts will be there - at Christ's 2nd Coming, they will be raptured, then will go to meet Christ in the air, then will return with Him to the earth. None of this continue-on-to-Heaven-with- Christ malarkey for those raptured.
I did not read the above that you typed-- maybe I should have clarified.

I just pasted it because I thought the point you made, that "conversation" ought to read "citizenship" or "city" was a good one, and worthy of investigation.

TokiEl

Superstar
Scripturally speaking the dead in Christ will rise again.

One day like a bolt from the blue the buried bodies of righteous people are glorified by God and become ethereal and eternal like the angels.

What about cremated Christians ? Idk but is anything too hard for God ?

I think that as long as we obey Christ's commandments and trust in Him then we're good to go whether we be dead or alive at the Day of Resurrection.

Come what may even so Lord come.